lock screen issue

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wait , I just re-read your first post again , the screen keeps cycling on and off in a loop every 5 seconds ? Did you try safe mode that's not normal , I thought you had a different issue when screen timing out in 5 seconds, misunderstood on my part .

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Wait , I just re-read your first post again , the screen keeps cycling on and off in a loop every 5 seconds ? Did you try safe mode that's not normal , I thought you had a different issue when screen timing out in 5 seconds, misunderstood on my part .

yes, screen cycling on and off every 5 seconds. have tried it in safe mode and it still does the same thing.

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Back up everything to smart switch on the pc

that was a horrible mistake or i messed up. did the smart switch process then it upgraded android to 9.0, which i can't stand. is there any way to get my phone back to android 6?

plus doing a hard reset didn't fix the problem at all. in fact, the bixby button somehow got stuck, which is weird because i never use it and the phone is always in a case.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
that was a horrible mistake or i messed up. did the smart switch process then it upgraded android to 9.0, which i can't stand. is there any way to get my phone back to android 6?

plus doing a hard reset didn't fix the problem at all. in fact, the bixby button somehow got stuck, which is weird because i never use it and the phone is always in a case.

Going back to that far a Andriod version not possible.
Can try odin and flash the firmware again

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
You can't go back to Andriod 6 ,it's not possible.

Odin is Samsung official tool to flash firmwares , you can use it incase a OS update was corrupt .

seems everything is fine. just hate that i lost the extra volume boost when making a call. the layout on the lock screen, plus how it lights up the phone every time i get a new message, plus the fact that while in messages i can't just swipe right to make a call right from the messages.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
seems everything is fine. just hate that i lost the extra volume boost when making a call. the layout on the lock screen, plus how it lights up the phone every time i get a new message, plus the fact that while in messages i can't just swipe right to make a call right from the messages.
Yeah those option are gone long ago , which I missed also. In a text message pick up the phone to call automatically :(

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah those option are gone long ago , which I missed also. In a text message pick up the phone to call automatically :(

like who is the genius that had the brilliant idea that others would like things this way. for reasons such as that, this is why i don't update software.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
like who is the genius that had the brilliant idea that others would like things this way. for reasons such as that, this is why i don't update software.
Lol.. I know !
I like the updates with newer things that come on board and security, but they still have one feature thats been on Samsung forever , keep screen on while looking at it , why couldn't they keep the others:(

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol.. I know !
I like the updates with newer things that come on board and security, but they still have one feature thats been on Samsung forever , keep screen on while looking at it , why couldn't they keep the others:(

i've never had an issue with security on the phone, and i'm going on my 4th year of it.

as far as leaving the screen on while looking at it, never used it.

just doesn't make sense on why they wouldn't allow you to flash the phone back to the software you would like. i own the phone, it's mine, so i should be able to do with it what i want. can't hold them liable if something happens to it when i own the phone outright.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i've never had an issue with security on the phone, and i'm going on my 4th year of it.

as far as leaving the screen on while looking at it, never used it.

just doesn't make sense on why they wouldn't allow you to flash the phone back to the software you would like. i own the phone, it's mine, so i should be able to do with it what i want. can't hold them liable if something happens to it when i own the phone outright.
I agree in the 10 years I've own android , never had a issue with security, but the way the world is now with security threats I want be protected with my banking apps and Data , I agree you should be able to do what you want with your phone after owning it but doesn't work that way , we don't own the software .

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree in the 10 years I've own android , never had a issue with security

that's what 2 step verification is for. heck, there's some that even use 3 step verification.

i'm just frustrated at this whole mess!!!

thanks for everything. if i had known it was as simple as the stupid bixby button being stuck, i would have never have bothered with the smart switch crap!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta