I was given a Samsung 8 Note running Android 9 and I tried to back up a Google profile onto it from an older phone, but Google Drive just says "Waiting to backup", I read a bit here and there and they advise to remove the screen lock (I have no password lock nor fingerprints), I managed to sync the contacts, but Google Drive just won't sync (all 4 items: app data, sms text messages, device settings, and call history, show "waiting to backup"), I reset to factory twice with no luck. What should I try to overcome this Drive stuck issue?
    03-24-2021 11:26 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just to clarify -- you're saying that you backed up a previous phone to your Google account, and you want to restore that backup information to your current Note8? Do you still have the older phone?
    03-24-2021 03:45 PM
    Yes that is correct. Maybe just term "older" I'm not sure is right, the sender phone is a Blackberry Keyone, the receiver phone is the Samsung Note 8. Which phone is older than the other can't be sure But yes I still have the Blackberry.
    03-25-2021 02:59 PM
    On the Blackberry, go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and see if it says that a successful backup was made, and if so, when.
    03-25-2021 09:28 PM
    Hi, yes it says it's created, I suppose it does create it regularly, now it says 14hrs ago, BUT, I just noticed that opening it, the SMS field is on "Waiting to backup" too, so maybe that is what's blocking the whole process, see photos:

"Waiting to backup" issue on Android's Google Drive-screenshot_20210326-160342.jpg

"Waiting to backup" issue on Android's Google Drive-screenshot_20210326-160354.jpg
    03-26-2021 10:08 AM
    Hmm, not sure why that's happening. See if you can wipe the cache partition on the KEYone. I got these steps from this site: https://www.devicesfaq.com/en/reset/blackberry-keyone:

1- First turn off your BlackBerry KEYone completely. If you can not unlock the screen, press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds and the phone will turn off.
    2- Keep holding on volume down and power keys together in your Blackberry for a few seconds. In some devices according to the Android version the combination can be the power key and the volume key up.
    3- When the BlackBerry logo is displayed, release the buttons.
    4- Move through the menu with the volume up and volume down keys until you reach the "Recovery Mode" option and press the power button to access.

5- Use the volume up and volume down keys to select the "wipe cache partition" option and press the Power button to activate the option and clear the mobile cache.
    03-26-2021 09:07 PM