The Note 8 will be $950??

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
don't care how much it cost. That's how much i like the Samsung galaxy note phones. I think it would be hard for me to get the note8 if note7 didn't get recalled. If there was no recall I would have never gotten another phone til the note7 totally died. Both the original and replacement note7 I had were awesome. And I miss it. So hopefully the note8 will be a success.

I completely agree. Was looking to hold on to my N7 for at LEAST 3 yrs. If the N8 rings my bell, and the subsequent Notes don't make HUGE leaps, that is the plan.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Verizon and the carriers along with Samsung and the other manufacturers got many of us hooked on new phones every two years... when replaceable batteries were available. Then their attractive marketing got many to chase a new phone every year. And you have folks jumping from one phone to the newest, greatest every three months.

If the manufacturers can keep the updates flowing along with strong battery life, I can't see why folks won't keep their phones two, three or four years! Let's face it... a thousand bucks at a pop with accessories, that's a lot of dough for a ... phone!

Then again, there are many who want the most stylish phone on the market... and they want it NOW! To coin a popular phrase... WHATEVER!

I just want a solid phone, fast, reliable, accurate that will last me minimum two to three years.

Is that asking too much? 😉

CELL phones get better and faster and easier to use with the newer phones.
That is one of the reasons people like to upgrade.
Look a few years back, they didn't even have wifi calling.
Where I live I get a lot of dropped calls because of the trees. And I have a Wilson Electronics Cell phone booster.
But with wifi calling it works a heck of a lot better.
Also they come out with more memory.
Look 3 yrs ago. We was buying 16 GB phones. Then Samsung quit making anything smaller than 32 GB.

Things change with the years. And people change with the years.
Change or get left behind. Cause technology changes.

Need to start saving some money before then come out.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There have always been speculations about pricing before a device is released and most of the time those speculations/rumors turn out to be wrong. We don't know for sure how much the S8 is going to cost yet and of course it's price will help figure out the price of the Note 8. Last year there were rumors that the S7 could near $1000 and it didn't, so me personally I won't really think much of pricing rumors when the rumors of the Notes price is entirely speculative of the S8's price which hasn't been announced.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
S7edge through tmobile was 789 when new. Note 7 through them was 849 when new. So we'll see what the 8's are priced at

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Not going to play guess the price, it will be what it is (I have had every note and really like them), I am hoping that they will not hike the price of the Note 8 and that they will do something for loyal customers/Former Note 7 users. it may not play out that way but it would be a good thing to do.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I hope not.

I'm not going on a monthly contract ever again and was thinking this would be my first Note if it's reasonably priced.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
We have to wait till August for the next note which should be the Note 8.
And we got people speculating already.
That is a long time people.

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I had a Mate 8 dual SIM, with EMUI 5, great phone, lots of great stuff, only dislike no Samsung Pay. Using S7E and N5 Dual sim until I can get Note 8.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Why do you hate it? I absolutely love using it

It keeps updating, Using Battery.
I do not use it.
Not interested in it.
Have called Samsung and seen the samsung people many times at Best Buy and complained about it.

Don't want the app on my Phone Period. I dislike it so much. At times I think about leaving Samsung phones.
To me its Bloatware from Samsung. Like its their phone and they just rented me the phone.
I don't own it.
Wished I was a Billionaire and could abuse people like they do.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It keeps updating, Using Battery.
I do not use it.
Not interested in it.
Have called Samsung and seen the samsung people many times at Best Buy and complained about it.

Don't want the app on my Phone Period. I dislike it so much. At times I think about leaving Samsung phones.
To me its Bloatware from Samsung. Like its their phone and they just rented me the phone.
I don't own it.
Wished I was a Billionaire and could abuse people like they do.
That renting scenario is closer to the truth than most people realize.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I hate Samsung Pay, and not being able to get rid of it.

If you don't like an app you can either Uninstall it OR use a program like Package Disabler Pro to disable the program and keep it from loading.

This one of many advantages of Android. If you don't like something there is usually an easy way to get rid of it or at least minimize it's impact

Last edited:

tubbz the bull

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
CELL phones get better and faster and easier to use with the newer phones.
That is one of the reasons people like to upgrade.
Look a few years back, they didn't even have wifi calling.
Where I live I get a lot of dropped calls because of the trees. And I have a Wilson Electronics Cell phone booster.
But with wifi calling it works a heck of a lot better.
Also they come out with more memory.
Look 3 yrs ago. We was buying 16 GB phones. Then Samsung quit making anything smaller than 32 GB.

Things change with the years. And people change with the years.
Change or get left behind. Cause technology changes.

Need to start saving some money before then come out.

Yes and no. Because Samsung and Google kind of had the same **** out for the last couple of years they just been perfecting them. Think about it, we have been able to wirelessly charge and Sbeam since the gs3 and note2. Also Google gave us 15gb of online storage now they gave of Onedrive and Google music where you can store 100gb on Onedrive and 16 Google photos. See so even the removable battery came in handy because let's b real, 8 months and our batteries start to act up. And phone in general. But even them I'm sure we all are willing to Carry an extra battery to wait another 3 or 4 months for the software update that the new phone that will come out in another 2 months well have on anyway.

I'm more willing to pay that 850-1000 pricetag every 16 or 20 months than 850 every 10 to 12 months. Think about it I kept my note5 after buying and returning the note 7 so I'm on year 2 with my note 5 and the charger port just broke. So if this 750 lasted me 2 years I'm willing to spend that once every 2 years than every year.

****Edited******

That's 132gb of cloud storage plus standard 16gb and removable storage up to 64gb and that was in 2013 2014 it's 2017. That's basically carrying portable hard drive in your pocket

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
TV's change every couple years.
CArs changes every year.

No matter what you buy. The way technology goes. About the time you bought it.
Things has changed.
Engineners are constantly working on things, trying to find a way to make it better.

Some people die today and a year later they find a way to treat something that somebody died from.

Its always been like this. Its called Progress.
Some things or some companies progress faster than others.
Everybody sits back and ask what is it gonna cost for us to put wireless charging in it.

Look a few years ago. You got program that you could change the TV station on your TV and Satellite Box.
They did away with that app.
Said not enough folks used it. BS.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
It wouldnt surprise me if the Note 8 is close to $1k if not more ??

Kaaaching
004db31175731bf820a6f02d29fc786a.gif

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was that much either. But when you look at a DPP, it's only an extra couple of bucks per month so most people probably won't care.

I've already got the cash put away for it - started saving when I returned the "Replacement" Note 7 and bought an S7 Active! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance