Removable battery?

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
This is a must for me. It has to have removable battery so I can install supersized ZeroLemon battery of 9000-10,000 mAh. Stock 3400 mAh does not cut it, especially with a UHD screen.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is a must for me. It has to have removable battery so I can install supersized ZeroLemon battery of 9000-10,000 mAh. Stock 3400 mAh does not cut it, especially with a UHD screen.

I'm right there with you - but sadly I very much doubt Samsung is going to give up their unibody construction, even on the "productivity" oriented Note line. Still, hope springs eternal and I'll want and see.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, well. LG G6, here I come.

If that won't have a removable battery, V20 here I come, always a good option to fall back on.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
No removable Battery no bueno
The Note line is the perfect line for a removable battery. Samsung needs to have the S line as the more fashion lineup and the Note as the more productivity orientated smartphone

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, well. LG G6, here I come.

If that won't have a removable battery, V20 here I come, always a good option to fall back on.
G6 won't have it either from all reports. I don't think there's gonna be any flagships with removable batteries.

HTC, Samsung, Sony, Huawei, LG, Lenovo/Moto, and Apple are all putting non removable batteries in their best devices it seems. It's time to adapt or buy a crappy phone just so you can hang on to removable batteries.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
IP68 is too important - so I doubt there will be a removable battery

There are other devices with Li-Ion batteries and they dont catch fire. Samsung's review along with 3 independent companies reviewing the cause. Bad battery design & manufacture. Double bad luck, original battery had a default and so did the replacement from a 2nd company.

SAMSUNG in making up for this, will make the Note 8 a "Super Device" and I cannot wait.

Water resistance is important to me, I lost a Note 4 due to dropping it in a puddle once.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No removable Battery no bueno
The Note line is the perfect line for a removable battery. Samsung needs to have the S line as the more fashion lineup and the Note as the more productivity orientated smartphone

If they're going to do it at all, that's the device to do it with.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Having a removable battery for me is definitely a plus. Especially if I plan on keeping the device for more than 3 years since the battery does become useless after a while :)

But sadly, it seems most OEMs seem to like non-removable batteries. Maybe if we ask long enough they will change!Because if you think about it, they want us to be happy since we buy their products!

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Having a removable battery for me is definitely a plus. Especially if I plan on keeping the device for more than 3 years since the battery does become useless after a while :)

But sadly, it seems most OEMs seem to like non-removable batteries. Maybe if we ask long enough they will change!Because if you think about it, they want us to be happy since we buy their products!

A droid a day keeps the Apple away
They want your money. Your happiness is an afterthought I assure you.

It's getting harder (for us consumers) to keep devices over 3 or 4 years because of the degrading battery. They know this, and THEY are the ones who are happy because we keep buying new phones every year or two.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
They want your money. Your happiness is an afterthought I assure you.

It's getting harder (for us consumers) to keep devices over 3 or 4 years because of the degrading battery. They know this, and THEY are the ones who are happy because we keep buying new phones every year or two.

There you go "mountainman" - hit the proverbial "Nail on the Head"! No further discussion needed! They are NOT going to change for US when this makes THEM $$$! :)

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
a battery is not an infinite resource, it has a fixed number of recharges it can do, around 1500 maybe at most and possibly less. It begins to degrade after as few as 500 charges. If you want absolutely best capacity, swap the battery every 6 months. Like an aftermarket ZeroLemon and you can still sell the used one for 1/2 of the price of new.

There are some devices that have removable cells.

I've had really good luck with LG Opitmus G Pro, it's an old and pretty basic phone by today's standards. LG V10/V20 have it and Samsung Note 4 was the last Note that could remove it. I said screw it to Note 5 6 and 7 and got a NIB Note 4. It is OK.. and just ok, certainly lacking many features of new phones, but will not buy a note 7/8 only to have to upgrade in a year.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
With the addition of IP68 and wireless charging its guaranteed that there won't be a removable battery. We are getting close to the point where a charge lasts long enough until you are near a charger again. With Max Power saving mode you can go days without a charge. The Note 7 battery life was 10 hours for heavy users and I'm sure the Note 8 will be better with the new Qualcomm chip. No need for a removable battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995