Will the Note 8 come this year or next year?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I feel like at this point because we have not heard any news on the Note 8 except for leaked schematics, it doesn't seem likely that the Note 8 will be released this year. What do you guys think?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think according to this leak it is Q4 which is late considering due to Note7 fiasco there is no Note device on the market and it is not fair Samsung hasn't had any decency to take care of Note customers by at least releasing the phone at their regular schedule:

https://www.google.si/amp/m.gsmaren..._earlier_than_the_galaxy_note_8-amp-24285.php

Actually Q4 is a little late this year. Note 4 October, note 4 edge November, Note 5 August, and Note 7 August. Q4 starts October.

I wish it was earlier. I got the Note 5 on release date. Works great, but I'm ready for a new Note with spen.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Actually Q4 is a little late this year. Note 4 October, note 4 edge November, Note 5 August, and Note 7 August. Q4 starts October.

I wish it was earlier. I got the Note 5 on release date. Works great, but I'm ready for a new Note with spen.

Yes, but what can we do about it. I signed the petition but without signatures we are toast.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes great things cannot be, or should not be, rushed.

Even though it is coming later than usual, we(I) do not want last minute, not very well thought out, changes because a technology was not quite ready.

S8 fingerprint sensor would be a good example.

A couple months later is quite acceptable in my book.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
We are not talking about rushing anything, Samsung simply pushed Galaxy X ahead because if they didn't, nobody would buy it.

It should be very clear to Samsung that Note phone is the one that is lacking on the market. They duped us really well and they are continuing to do so.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Duped? Can you elaborate on what you mean there?

The Note series has always been August/September/October - so "end of Summer or early Fall." as I said last week. The demise of the Note 7 doesn't do anything for the team working on the Note 8 - they were already done with the Note 7 and began working on the Note 8. These things don't take 2 months to build, they are still in the many, many months development cycle, as in much more than 6, probably less than 20.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Duped? Can you elaborate on what you mean there?

The Note series has always been August/September/October - so "end of Summer or early Fall." as I said last week. The demise of the Note 7 doesn't do anything for the team working on the Note 8 - they were already done with the Note 7 and began working on the Note 8. These things don't take 2 months to build, they are still in the many, many months development cycle, as in much more than 6, probably less than 20.

You said that but all the news is saying Q4.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
We are not talking about rushing anything, Samsung simply pushed Galaxy X ahead because if they didn't, nobody would buy it.

It should be very clear to Samsung that Note phone is the one that is lacking on the market. They duped us really well and they are continuing to do so.
If it is not ready, it is not ready. If it is not going to be ready until Q4, then so be it. If you want them to push out it any earlier, then you are talking about rushing it.

These things take time as Aquila has mentioned.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
As far as I know a Note phone has never been released in November or December LOL. To say Q4 means delayed period.

Yes, yes, it is not ready and we know why. Because noone will buy Galaxy X if it is ready :).

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know a Note phone has never been released in November or December LOL. To say Q4 means delayed period.

Yes, yes, it is not ready and we know why. Because noone will buy Galaxy X if it is ready :).

Well, back in Post 5, 'debdroid1a' stated "Note 4 = October, Note 4 Edge = November, Note 5 = August, and Note 7 = August" so there was one in November. Relax with the Conspiracy Theory stuff and let them build the thing right so we get a GREAT phone this time! Please?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

It's not ready because it's been in development for less time than it takes to make a quality product? I'm assuming that's what we know, when you say "we know why", yes? What's a Galaxy X? To say Q4 means Q4, it doesn't have anything to do with a delay, planned or otherwise. Period?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not ready because it's been in development for less time than it takes to make a quality product? I'm assuming that's what we know, when you say "we know why", yes? What's a Galaxy X? To say Q4 means Q4, it doesn't have anything to do with a delay, planned or otherwise. Period?

Thank you!

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Okay... but for me Note4 edge was not a regular model nor release. So I stand by my opinion never beyond October. Sit back and enjoy the wait ;).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781