https://www.sammobile.com/2017/04/03...disappointing/

Maybe we will get it I the note
    jimd1050 and LineKill like this.
    04-03-2017 01:18 PM
    I have a strong feeling that having to WAIT some EXTRA TIME for the Note 8 is going to be both GOOD and BAD! GOOD in that we are going to see some technology that we weren't expecting (Nice stuff, as you just pointed out) and BAD in that we are going to see some technology that we weren't expecting ($$$$)
    keno101 and LineKill like this.
    04-03-2017 01:34 PM
    I have a strong feeling that having to WAIT some EXTRA TIME for the Note 8 is going to be both GOOD and BAD! GOOD in that we are going to see some technology that we weren't expecting (Nice stuff, as you just pointed out) and BAD in that we are going to see some technology that we weren't expecting ($$$$)
    Very true
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-03-2017 01:50 PM
    From what I have read, through various sources, the Note 8 should be rocking the embedded fingerprint sensor and a dual lens camera. Along with that, as jimd1050 mentioned, a hefty price tag. I am excited!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-04-2017 09:02 AM
    From what I have read, through various sources, the Note 8 should be rocking the embedded fingerprint sensor and a dual lens camera. Along with that, as jimd1050 mentioned, a hefty price tag. I am excited!
    ...I've already got the money stuffed away!!! (Shhhhhh... don't tell Patti)
    LineKill likes this.
    04-04-2017 01:43 PM
    ...I've already got the money stuffed away!!! (Shhhhhh... don't tell Patti)
    Me too😁

It will be nice to have you as one of my Note mates👍

My lips are sealed😉
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-04-2017 02:23 PM
    Both Apple and Samsung are having difficulty with the embedded scanner. Apparently it works but has a less than acceptable successful identification rate. The latest word is that the iPhone 8 will miss out on this.

I don't want a rushed implementation of this new technology. Until it's just as reliable as a regular fingerprint scanner, I just want a fingerprint reader in a regular rear location like all the other phone manufacturers.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-20-2017 06:36 AM
    Both Apple and Samsung are having difficulty with the embedded scanner. Apparently it works but has a less than acceptable successful identification rate. The latest word is that the iPhone 8 will miss out on this.

I don't want a rushed implementation of this new technology. Until it's just as reliable as a regular fingerprint scanner, I just want a fingerprint reader in a regular rear location like all the other phone manufacturers.
    I have to agree with you. I would really love to have the embedded sensor, but not if it is going to be unreliable. If they end up having to put it on the back, at least put it in the normal place. I would not even be opposed to having it in the power button. Just not where it is on the S8.
    jimd1050 and 103Softail like this.
    04-20-2017 06:45 AM
    I have to agree with you. I would really love to have the embedded sensor, but not if it is going to be unreliable. If they end up having to put it on the back, at least put it in the normal place. I would not even be opposed to having it in the power button. Just not where it is on the S8.
    My Huawei MateBook has the FPR on a skinny side button between the volume rocker. It is surprisingly reliable.
    LineKill likes this.
    04-20-2017 05:58 PM
    I just captured the VenyaGeskin1 (credit where credit is due) photo from one of the Note 8 articles and brought it into Photoshop. I narrowed it, pushed the names in above the phone and added an old S-Pen I had from a Note 7 image I had then added a reflection to that. Here it is if anyone wants it for there drooling and daydreaming pleasure until the real one arrives in the fall!

Embeded finger print scanner-note_8.jpg
    LineKill likes this.
    04-25-2017 04:32 PM
    I just captured the VenyaGeskin1 (credit where credit is due) photo from one of the Note 8 articles and brought it into Photoshop. I narrowed it, pushed the names in above the phone and added an old S-Pen I had from a Note 7 image I had then added a reflection to that. Here it is if anyone wants it for there drooling and daydreaming pleasure until the real one arrives in the fall!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Note_8.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	258163
    Looks great! Excellent job my friend🤳👍👌✌️🤘👊
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-25-2017 05:32 PM
    Wallpaper already... :-) (I'm weird, Note 8 wallpaper on my S7 Active)

Embeded finger print scanner-mynewwallpaper.jpg
    LineKill likes this.
    04-25-2017 05:37 PM