Note 8 Battery Capacity. Setting Up Right Expectations!

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
The battery technology is what it is today. Don't expect any major break throughs in time for Note 8.
Through out different posts, there seem to be a lot of hope for a big battery capacity. But looking at facts and what we know, that's more of a dream that will remain a dream in 2017.

Remember, Note 5 has 3000 mAh battery. They forced 3500 mAh in Note 7 and we all know what happened to that. Lets just say, it simply became too hot to handle ;)

It is unfair to expect anything outrageous with Note 8. Even with bigger profile than S8 Plus, capacity might very well come short and under 3500 mAh. Don't forget, that S Pen that makes Note a Note has to fit somewhere. You can't have it all you know. You need large battery capacity, get S8 Plus, you need an S Pen with features only available on Note series then get a Note. You can't​ have it all, at least not until we see major battery technology break throughs.

So, folks waiting for Note 8 (me included), have the right expectations and you won't be disappointed.

Now, can we open the flood gates on leaks already? lol

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem with the Note 7 wasn't the battery capacity (if it was, I hope I'm not home when my 12 Ah lithium battery blows my house up), it was partly the way they designed it (hot things need a lot of air flowing around them to cool them off) and partly the design of the battery itself (it's difficult to properly cool a battery that's too thick or wide).

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the S8 plus and for me the battery is amazing. I constantly get all day with 20% or more left, that's 15+ hours with 6 hours on screen time. My previous notes and S7 edge never came close to the battery performance I get with the S8 plus.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I know you are right and that this is the year Samsung will be conservative and put something like a 3300mah battery in the new note. I wish they didn't and would give us something bigger than 3800mah just to help justify its position as the flagship model.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Remember, Note 5 has 3000 mAh battery. They forced 3500 mAh in Note 7 and we all know what happened to that. Lets just say, it simply became too hot to handle ;)

It is unfair to expect anything outrageous with Note 8. Even with bigger profile than S8 Plus, capacity might very well come short and under 3500 mAh. Don't forget, that S Pen that makes Note a Note has to fit somewhere. You can't have it all you know. You need large battery capacity, get S8 Plus, you need an S Pen with features only available on Note series then get a Note. You can't​ have it all, at least not until we see major battery technology break throughs.

So, folks waiting for Note 8 (me included), have the right expectations and you won't be disappointed.

Now, can we open the flood gates on leaks already? lol

I know you are right and that this is the year Samsung will be conservative and put something like a 3300mah battery in the new note. I wish they didn't and would give us something bigger than 3800mah just to help justify its position as the flagship model.

You guys are freaking fortune tellers! Almost confirmed to be 3300mAH

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I too think it will be bigger and I hope so.. I think all their new phones of which have been many since the note 7 have had no battery issues so I think they have solved the battery issues

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think it will have a 4000 battery

Samsung have released many new phones since the note 7 most with big batteries , the battery problems are behind them now. I think they are leaking news about a small battery so we are delighted when it comes out and buy the note 8in millions . Further confirmation look at many of the so called flagships that have come out from other companies they often get negative reviews because of the small batteries usually under 3500.
With a massive screen, a pen and aimed at power users it must last a full day... Also it will be compared to the forthcoming iPhone which for sure will have Stella battery life... It would be commercial suicide if it doesn't last all day. I don't believe the new processor will be able to achieve this by itself. But maybe this is wishful thinking....?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12