Expected Price Range of the Note 8?

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Since both the S8s are seeing a price jump, should we all expect to see the Note 8 to be at least $100 more than the Galaxy S8 Plus?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd say it's gonna be on par with S8+. But if they do follow their $100 price jump across models (their tablet also jumped this year), then yeah, we're looking at a base Note 8 model at 900 buckaroos.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I am going for $950.00.

I'm going with $899, just a simple $49 price bump. BUT only if the Note 8 has the same specs as the S8+

If Samsung decide to conclude some fancy new features like having the finger print sensor embedded in the screen, then we might see a $949 but I really hope it's $899. The $9xx price tag just seems to much for a smartphone 😃

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with $899, just a simple $49 price bump. BUT only if the Note 8 has the same specs as the S8+

If Samsung decide to conclude some fancy new features like having the finger print sensor embedded in the screen, then we might see a $949 but I really hope it's $899. The $9xx price tag just seems to much for a smartphone 😃

I would definiatley not mind paying $949 if it had an embedded finger print sensor and actually hope that's the case 🤗

Tmwjam

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking around 950.00 like stated but by the time you add sales tax and a 30.00 fee (Verizon) and a case or 2 close to 1050.00-1100.00.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

Agreed.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Put the rumors of 128 GB memory and 6 GB RAM, with the under screen finger print, which I'm glad you guys get to test that one out. If these rumors come true and take in account for the normal $100 price jump from the S8 plus, I think you will see $1,000 plus. Start saving your pennies or start hoping for some rumors to be false.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Put the rumors of 128 GB memory and 6 GB RAM, with the under screen finger print, which I'm glad you guys get to test that one out. If these rumors come true and take in account for the normal $100 price jump from the S8 plus, I think you will see $1,000 plus. Start saving your pennies or start hoping for some rumors to be false.

My pennies are saved and I am justa waitin😁

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 was $1349 outright here in Australia when it came out. That's $1003US so count yourself lucky - we're already getting ripped off!

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
For a $100 premium over the GS8+ it needs to offer a new SoC, which it won't. It needs to have a on screen fingerprint scanner reader and a brand new camera sensor. 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage, with a stylus and all the same features of the GS8+ plus won't justify a $100 price increase.

Especially with everything that happened with the Note 7, I would think they would want to win their customers back as fans can easily pick up the cheaper GS8+, others know that the GS9+ would bring all the improvements the Note 8 will not have.

I think anything over $850 is a mistake for the Note 8. Especially when you buy the phone up front, you really start to look at it and wonder what has been improved over the GS8+ that justifies the price increase. Really devalues it if the GS9+ will use all the newer hardware.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
For a $100 premium over the GS8+ it needs to offer a new SoC, which it won't. It needs to have a on screen fingerprint scanner reader and a brand new camera sensor. 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage, with a stylus and all the same features of the GS8+ plus won't justify a $100 price increase.

Especially with everything that happened with the Note 7, I would think they would want to win their customers back as fans can easily pick up the cheaper GS8+, others know that the GS9+ would bring all the improvements the Note 8 will not have.

I think anything over $850 is a mistake for the Note 8. Especially when you buy the phone up front, you really start to look at it and wonder what has been improved over the GS8+ that justifies the price increase. Really devalues it if the GS9+ will use all the newer hardware.
Disagree completely. It doesn't need any of that stuff and if it did have all of that it would cost well north of $1400.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

Well said. I'm finding it really hard to justify paying 1k for any phone.

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Disagree completely. It doesn't need any of that stuff and if it did have all of that it would cost well north of $1400.
But really that is what the GS9+ will likely end up offering, you know that phone won't be well north of $1,400.

The Note 3 offered significant upgrades over the GS4 and the Note 4 offered significant upgrades over the GS5. The Note 5 was basically a large GS6 with a stylus and the Note 7 was the GS7 Edge with a stylus and Iris Scanner. A real shame if the Note 8 turns out to be a GS8+ with a stylus yet a $950 price tag. I couldn't see a reason why people would buy that when the GS9+ will bring all of the upgrades.

Well said. I'm finding it really hard to justify paying 1k for any phone.
Yes it is. If you're on a plan, it makes it easier to upgrade and ignore the price you pay. But when you spend $1k upfront to own the phone, you realize how much that $1,000 really is.

Especially if the Note 8 just turns out to be a GS8+ with a stylus, which I hope that isn't the case.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
But really that is what the GS9+ will likely end up offering, you know that phone won't be well north of $1,400.

The Note 3 offered significant upgrades over the GS4 and the Note 4 offered significant upgrades over the GS5. The Note 5 was basically a large GS6 with a stylus and the Note 7 was the GS7 Edge with a stylus and Iris Scanner. A real shame if the Note 8 turns out to be a GS8+ with a stylus yet a $950 price tag. I couldn't see a reason why people would buy that when the GS9+ will bring all of the upgrades.

The S-Pen itself is $30, that plus a larger display and whatever other improvements will make it worth $100 for a lot of people. The only reason they wouldn't use an upgraded SoC is if they're releasing the device before the new chips release - which they are. The RAM, Camera, etc - these are all things that get updated when updates are available, not just to fill a spec sheet. We're looking for performance, not just meaningless numbers. If the dual camera rumor is true though, then that + S-Pen is $100 right there.

I seriously doubt the S9 will have 128 GB as a base storage option, haven't seen anything to indicate they were going to change cameras or increase RAM, etc. The only thing that seems somewhat solid is that they'll be using the Snapdragon 845, which will be similarly priced to the 835 so no price increase to pass to consumers there.

Finally, the Note 8 is not meant to be an upgrade from the S8. It's meant to be a larger, s-pen enabled option for people who want the Note line. The idea isn't supposed to be that you buy the S8 and then 6 months later buy the Note 8 and then 6 months later buy the S9. Samsung still believes the average usage of a device is between 1 and 2 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz