Former note 7 owners?

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
My point is you can buy what you want. If you are strictly a Note user, what are you using now? If you limit yourself to only one phone, that's your prerogative. There are tons of financing and lease options out there, even through Samsung. So, not sure why you feel stuck.

No there aren't, I can only buy one phone every two years with a single financing option. That is it. No leases here, I don't have a fat pay check, the bank won't lend money because I have a mortgage already and my provider will only let me buy one phone per two year contract with payment plans. Get it?

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
My point was just that the phone is released yearly. There is no rule saying that if you are a Note user you can't buy an S8. I consider myself a Note user as well. I realized a Note8 release would not be pushed up. I am biding my time with the S8 in the meantime.

Umm no. Just no. You do realize there are plenty of people (just like me) that ONLY use or prefer the Note Series correct? It's not as simple as "just buy an S*". Some people bought the phone for what the Spen provides and allows. S phones do not do that. With the N7 disaster, ALOT OF PEOPLE were forced to do one of two things- revert back to an older Note or purchase a phone they didn't want.

Depending on what your situation is or was, some people will have to buy ANOTHER phone (the N8) in order to get rid of a phone they didn't want in the first place. In my situation, I dodged a huge bullet simply because I eventually just gave the phone back and re-activated my Note Edge. This effectively reset my eligibility upgrade status meaning- When the N8 is released I can just immediately upgrade vs if I had bought another phone I would have been locked into a contract.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
A lot of Note returns went for the iPhone 7 plus in my area... now most of them went with the 8+. A lot of them were tired of were upset about how Pinocchio the Apple devices were- one actually said " I'm tired of being told by Apple what to do"

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
No there aren't, I can only buy one phone every two years with a single financing option. That is it. No leases here, I don't have a fat pay check, the bank won't lend money because I have a mortgage already and my provider will only let me buy one phone per two year contract with payment plans. Get it?
Dude, there is no more Note 7, and Note 8 isn't ready yet. What do you want? I can't imagine what would happen to you if Samsung decided to discontinue the Note line. They are not obligated to make you a Note. Stop driving yourself crazy.

Believe me, I was disappointed and greatly inconvenienced by the Note 7 debacle (because I bought direct from Samsung.com, and dealing with them on 2 returns was a complete nightmare). I got over it. Life is too short.

You can choose to sulk, or get on with your life - you are not going to change anything either way. Your choice.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Who is your provider?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Official statement from the world:

200_s.gif

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Cleaned up some off topic posts. If you see an issue with a post please report it or send me a PM to discuss it.

Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well depending on credit you can finance through Samsung and other ways if you truly wanted.. but if your credit won't allow it at the moment then the only real choice is to wait. Samsung always releases the S like first then the Note series a few months later.

It'll come.. in due time.

JoeInCT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Did they release the program though? I haven't heard anything else about it. I also wrote to Samsung and asked if they would do anything and they said exactly what everyone else said, they gave us some money and we got to keep our free stuff. I really wish they would let us trade in our S7E's for Note 8's, I mean, we got these phones because there wasn't anything else out worth anything........

I totally agree. I had every Note including the 7, and I was forced into the 7E which I absolutely hate with a passion. They should do something for us.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree. I had every Note including the 7, and I was forced into the 7E which I absolutely hate with a passion. They should do something for us.

I've been running a damned S7 Active since they took my Replacement Note 7 and I'm over it... just get me the Note 8 - PLEASE! The hell with all the whining about what Samsung should do for us... it's OVER!!!!

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I've been running a damned S7 Active since they took my Replacement Note 7 and I'm over it... just get me the Note 8 - PLEASE! The hell with all the whining about what Samsung should do for us... it's OVER!!!!

I literally suffer every day with my broken Note4.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
You should be extremely ecstatic when you do get your Note 8????????????

If it is what I want, yes. If they mess it up somehow (like with crazy remote control like dimensions), I won't get it and I will be disappointed. That is why I wish there was at least some reliable info out there about what it will look like, what the specs will be... we are here in this forum and it now feels with all the concepts and wish lists like we are beating up a dead horse even though the horse was not even born yet.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
If it is what I want, yes. If they mess it up somehow (like with crazy remote control like dimensions), I won't get it and I will be disappointed. That is why I wish there was at least some reliable info out there about what it will look like, what the specs will be... we are here in this forum and it now feels with all the concepts and wish lists like we are beating up a dead horse even though the horse was not even born yet.
Some reliable information should start trickling in fairly soon. Right now we are all just having a little fun in the interim, accept for possibly you. It's all goodツ

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03