Former note 7 owners?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I know when I got the Note 7, Verizon was doing the annual upgrade program where you could upgrade after a year as long as 50% of the device was paid for. After the fiasco, I settled (kicking and screaming) on a S7E and fought them tooth and nail on the annual upgrade. The rep told me I could do the upgrade in a year as long as the 50% rule applied. I have it in writing too so but I expect some push back when the time comes for the Note 8.

I remember reading about this "upgrade" program Samsung was talking about right after the fires were put out - they mentioned something about an upgrade deal but as others have said - not a word since. But hey, we were refunded so that works too.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I know when I got the Note 7, Verizon was doing the annual upgrade program where you could upgrade after a year as long as 50% of the device was paid for. After the fiasco, I settled (kicking and screaming) on a S7E and fought them tooth and nail on the annual upgrade. The rep told me I could do the upgrade in a year as long as the 50% rule applied. I have it in writing too so but I expect some push back when the time comes for the Note 8.

I remember reading about this "upgrade" program Samsung was talking about right after the fires were put out - they mentioned something about an upgrade deal but as others have said - not a word since. But hey, we were refunded so that works too.
With Verizon you do not even have to wait a full year. After 30 days you can upgrade at any time, you just have to pay off 50% of the phone.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
All things being equal i was treated pretty well. Did the pre-order for the note 7, had to turn that one in (kept all the extras, pen, charger etc...) , they sent me a new one. Then the second recall happened and my carrier refunded my payments and stopped charging me for the note 7 i had. I kept that note 7 until the end of January and finally sent it back to Samsung (once again kept the pen, charger etc...) and they sent me a check for the full price of the phone plus some additional money for the two cases i had bought.

At that point i just used an old iPhone 5s with a slightly broken screen ($100 off of facebook yard sale) and waited for the S8+. I now have the S8+ and i might keep it or sell it and jump back to the Note line.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
All things being equal i was treated pretty well. Did the pre-order for the note 7, had to turn that one in (kept all the extras, pen, charger etc...) , they sent me a new one. Then the second recall happened and my carrier refunded my payments and stopped charging me for the note 7 i had. I kept that note 7 until the end of January and finally sent it back to Samsung (once again kept the pen, charger etc...) and they sent me a check for the full price of the phone plus some additional money for the two cases i had bought.

At that point i just used an old iPhone 5s with a slightly broken screen ($100 off of facebook yard sale) and waited for the S8+. I now have the S8+ and i might keep it or sell it and jump back to the Note line.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been a note user since note 2. Due to the recall of the note 7 last fall I was forced towards another direction which took me to the S7 edge. That phone worked fine for me and I liked the specs for the S8 plus at got it. At this moment I do not see the need to go to a note 8. Even if the note 8 is bigger screen, don't care, if it has the 6 gig RAM and the 128 gig memory, that will take the note 8 over a grand, and I don't think it's worth a grand to just jump from the S8 plus to the note 8.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I have been a note user since note 2. Due to the recall of the note 7 last fall I was forced towards another direction which took me to the S7 edge. That phone worked fine for me and I liked the specs for the S8 plus at got it. At this moment I do not see the need to go to a note 8. Even if the note 8 is bigger screen, don't care, if it has the 6 gig RAM and the 128 gig memory, that will take the note 8 over a grand, and I don't think it's worth a grand to just jump from the S8 plus to the note 8.

From my way of thinking it would not be $1,000 to make the switch, it would be $1,000 minus what i can see the S8+ for.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope.. if you got your phone from your carrier as long as they provide service their covered. Samsung gave you replacement options.

I chose you keep my note 7 and just gonna turn it and swap it out for the note 8. I knew when i would've txtn a different phone I would've been locked in you paying for that phone