What you DON'T want in Note8?

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
since I am looking at the Note 8 for my next phone, what I don't want is...

samsung apps. Either go all in on google or give us the ability to remove yours. Every app they have is almost worth using but since they only integrate with samsung and can only share with samsung.

small battery. nuff said

QC quick charge 2.0

touchwizz, I know, they have updated it. but it's really annoying that my $300 Moto G5 gets about 6 hour longer battery life and the battery is the same size.

crappy fingerprint sensor. I hear the S8 is a better implementation, touch unlock, touch lock, no having to unlock the screen. The S7 sensor is just bad.

good ram management. stop turning off netflix and youtube to "save" battery when I am using chromecast.

speaking of chromcast. not blocking chromecast. I can connect to my roku but they block the chromecast

Glass back panes and protected sides. Carbon fiber, quality plastic, something. but give us a material that keeps wireless charging and nfc.

Brian Embry

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Chromecast works on both my S7 Edge and Note 4.

I don't want a removable battery. I am a power user and when I had phones with removable batteries, I never replaced them. I just kept a battery pack or charging cord with me. Though I wouldn't mind having IR.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I just want a reasonable price.

This may be the first phone I buy outright.

Please god.............

You bring up a good point. It's funny how people want every tech feature known to man and then some...yet they complain when the device has a premium price. What's great is that Samsung offers phones for every budget.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't want a button dedicated to Bixby. I'm not crazy about an extra button in general but if forced on me let me map it how I please. Samsung keeps killing the workaround apps.

I don't want the fingerprint sensor on the back. I unlock my phone ALL the time while it's on a wireless charger or just laying flat on a surface.

Since Nougat killed MyPlaces AND trusted devices within Smartlock no longer works reliably (and in my case AT ALL), I put my phone in a holder in the car. So I can't get to a fingerprint unlock on the back nor can I use iris unlock and I wouldn't want to rely on face unlock while driving.

I'm currently using an S7 Edge that was updated to Nougat. I'm finding nougat to be a step back on Samsung. What little I feel Nougat brought to the table Samsung had already implemented in Marshmallow (at least what mattered to ME).

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Bixby and/or its "button"
Single speaker
FPS on back
4GB Ram
32/64GB storage
Less than 4000mah battery
Any colour other than black

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't want to see a rear finger print scanner hopefully they can get it where the virtual home button is. I also don't want to see the note continue as an extension of the galaxy s line. Make it different and more forward thinking. Ultimately I want them to keep what is great about the s8 and make it better. Oh and bring the screen size down to 6.0 inches to shrink the height a little bit.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
"What you DON'T want in Note8?"

I don't want the Note 8 released early for the sake of being released early.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don;t think they were reacting to it in the matter that you take it... it was something that needed to be addressed, and they addressed it in normal quick fashion, for things of this nature.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have seen pictures of the S8 Active with a flat screen. Samsung can and is still willing to do flat screens in their premium devices. They should at least have a Note 8 flat screen option for those that desire it.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have seen pictures of the S8 Active with a flat screen. Samsung can and is still willing to do flat screens in their premium devices. They should at least have a Note 8 flat screen option for those that desire it.

So Samsung will make TWO note 8's? It's cost prohibitive.:p

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Exploding battery obviously.

But also:
-red/yellow/any color tint and screen unevenness
-dead pixels
-random reboots

After Note7 fiasco Note8 better be perfect. I wonder what is wrong with Samsung quality control to release so many s8s with those issues?
Wouldn't those be things you wouldn't want in any phone?

For me personally it's fingerprint sensor next to the camera again. In the rear is absolutely fine, but centered and a little lower

Also don't want QC 2.0. Should be the latest QC spec

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1