Note 8 Mini?

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone thinks that there would be a market for a Note 8 "Mini"? I have used the Note series since the Note 4 and never thought I would leave this series of phone. After having to give up my Note 7, I used the S7 Edge and now the S8+. For me, the S8+ is just a little bit too big for my taste. I can only imagine that the Note 8 that will be coming out in the Fall is going to be at least slightly larger that the S8+. If it is, I seriously am not sure I want to get it because it will just be too large for me.

However, if there was also a Note 8 offering that was positioned someone in between the size of the S8 and S8+ (like a 6.0" screen with the new aspect ratio), that would be perfect for me. Any one else find a smaller size Note appealing?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the Note 8 will be longer then the S8+, but wider. Just for the function the Note 8 is and for the Spen.

As long as it's not longer, I'll be fine with a Note 8 being a little wider.

So, no, on the mini.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
The more I look at the s8+ dimensions, the more ridiculous they seem. It is like a brick in your pocket. I hope the Note8 won't be longer, it is upper tolerable length for me, but it HAS to be wider.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone thinks that there would be a market for a Note 8 "Mini"? I have used the Note series since the Note 4 and never thought I would leave this series of phone. After having to give up my Note 7, I used the S7 Edge and now the S8+. For me, the S8+ is just a little bit too big for my taste. I can only imagine that the Note 8 that will be coming out in the Fall is going to be at least slightly larger that the S8+. If it is, I seriously am not sure I want to get it because it will just be too large for me.

However, if there was also a Note 8 offering that was positioned someone in between the size of the S8 and S8+ (like a 6.0" screen with the new aspect ratio), that would be perfect for me. Any one else find a smaller size Note appealing?
No!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would not like a phone called "mini" but I would also like two sizes of the Note. I also have gotten used to a smaller phone with the S7edge and even though I am very anxious to see the new Note, I am not sure I am interested in an extra large phone.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
+1 for the no on the mini! @debdroid1a, you took the words right out of my mouth 👌

At this point, I think the Galaxy Note 5 could be considered the 'Mini' version of the Note 8?.

Samsung already dropped their 'mini' range on their Galaxy S line (which was a pity since I liked them so much) so I don't think they will be adding any extra now. 😃

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Samsung already dropped their 'mini' range on their Galaxy S line (which was a pity since I liked them so much) so I don't think they will be adding any extra now. 😃

This.

If they were selling they won't drop that line. It's simple.
No one wants small screens any more. Look at S8 Plus, it's selling more than the 5.8 inch S8. It's crazy!

Full disclosure, I have S8 Plus 😁

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
No one wants small screens any more. Look at S8 Plus, it's selling more than the 5.8 inch S8. It's crazy!

I do agree that the majority of smartphone users have a larger display now than they used to and it definitely is nicer to have a larger screen for media consumption, but there are millions of people out there who have devices that are 4.7" inch or smaller. If you look at the iPhone SE, that is selling like hot cakes. :)

UK - TheINQUIRER
Digital Trends

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I do agree that the majority of smartphone users have a larger display now than they used to and it definitely is nicer to have a larger screen for media consumption, but there are millions of people out there who have devices that are 4.7" inch or smaller. If you look at the iPhone SE, that is selling like hot cakes. :)

UK - TheINQUIRER
Digital Trends
That could be working for Apple but mini for S didn't work for Samsung. Companies don't discontinue products that are selling.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
My first note was the note 3 and I'm sorry but I can't go back to a smaller phone. Makes my eyes hurt lol. Right now I'm using note 5 til note 8 comes out. So I don't want anything smaller than note 5. That saying is true for me.....once I went bigger I can't go back lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma