05-30-2017 04:17 PM
29 12
tools
    05-15-2017 12:51 PM
    I personally think that would be awesome.
    05-15-2017 01:12 PM
    Luckily the source and referral are both not official sources or trustworthy, so there's still a very good chance this isn't true.
    jimd1050 and Dominick079 like this.
    05-15-2017 01:14 PM
    Galaxy Note 8 rumored to have a 6.3 inch screen-need_phone3.jpg

It brings me back to this. Remote control with an S pen.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    05-15-2017 01:19 PM
    I read a couple of these articles this morning and have read some pretty interesting stuff.

Phone Arena says "possibly the inclusion of a stylus", now this was certainly news to me.

Then we have Gizmochina who says "either 4GB or 6GB of RAM, and 64GB of internal storage" followed by The Android Soul that states "paired with 6GB RAM and 256GB ROM", wow, quite a big difference when both are reporting on the same story.

Last but not least, we have Phandroid that comes up with "In actuality, it’ll only be 1 inch bigger than the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus", that would make the thing 7.2 inches. I would have to buy a custom back scratcher to reach the top of that thing.

My goodness, all these people are reporting on the exact same story and come up with this kind of quality reporting, SMH. So just take it with a pinch of microscopic flea dust. I stopped reading about this particular story after that and read a more informative article in Cosmopolitanツ
    jimd1050 and jamezr like this.
    05-15-2017 02:45 PM
    6 GB RAM for China and 4 GB everywhere else is a pretty standard rumor. Lots of OEM's do that.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-15-2017 03:01 PM
    6 GB RAM for China and 4 GB everywhere else is a pretty standard rumor. Lots of OEM's do that.
    Would you happen to know why China usually gets a larger RAM option?
    05-15-2017 03:22 PM
    Would you happen to know why China usually gets a larger RAM option?
    My guess is they hate lag. JK; I'm not actually sure but from what I've read, it sounds like that market is much more competitive on the spec sheet and puts a much higher value in benchmarks than other markets do. So the companies that sell phones are actually marketing which CPU and how much RAM as a competitive edge, whereas here we really don't care - and by we I mean 99% of the members here and approximately 100% of everyone that's not on AC This I believe is one of the reasons that the iPhone is backing off of trying to compete in China, because Apple absolutely cannot compete on the spec sheet, optimization isn't a valid argument on that sheet and their priced so high that they'll get blown out of the water by the native companies.
    Laura Knotek and jbjtkbw007 like this.
    05-15-2017 03:51 PM
    My guess is they hate lag. JK; I'm not actually sure but from what I've read, it sounds like that market is much more competitive on the spec sheet and puts a much higher value in benchmarks than other markets do. So the companies that sell phones are actually marketing which CPU and how much RAM as a competitive edge, whereas here we really don't care - and by we I mean 99% of the members here and approximately 100% of everyone that's not on AC This I believe is one of the reasons that the iPhone is backing off of trying to compete in China, because Apple absolutely cannot compete on the spec sheet, optimization isn't a valid argument on that sheet and their priced so high that they'll get blown out of the water by the native companies.
    Your take on Apple is very logical Aquila. They could not possibly make it in a market with a 3GB phone when the market does not believe in the optimization argument.

Right now there are so many OEM'S that offer 6GB variants in China, it is an absolute must for any OEM to sell a 6GB variant so they can meet their sales quotas.

I wonder how it all got started in the first place though. I mean, why did China feel the need in the first place to desire a higher capacity RAM phone? What makes them so different than the rest of the world that there was enough of a demand there, but nowhere else in the world? What makes that spec sheet so important to them?

Those are not questions you have to answer, they are just my thoughts spewing out onto my phoneツ
    jbjtkbw007 likes this.
    05-15-2017 05:45 PM
    I actually went to a cell phone shop to check out other phones. Out of pure desperation LOL.
    05-16-2017 06:45 AM
    I actually went to a cell phone shop to check out other phones. Out of pure desperation LOL.
    And what did you see that was NOTEworthyツ
    jimd1050 and bigmo555 like this.
    05-16-2017 06:52 AM
    And what did you see that was NOTEworthyツ
    Nothing. But then again will Note8 be NOTEworthy?

Maybe Mate10. Mate9 dimensions are OK. But it needs to pump up specs.
    LineKill likes this.
    05-16-2017 10:31 AM
    6.3 inch display, 6GB of RAM, 64GB of ROM, all very very good "guesses"
    05-16-2017 10:46 AM
    A guy at Samsung store here said to me today there are "very good chances" Note8 screnn will indeed be 6.3 inches with similar dimensions ratio as the s8+. These sort of things drive me bananas .
    05-18-2017 06:59 AM
    6.3 thats just 1 inch bigger then a s8+ and thats not even a real 6.2 inch phone it looks so small
    recDNA likes this.
    05-18-2017 04:16 PM
    Not one inch bigger. It would be one tenth of an inch bigger.
    05-18-2017 05:51 PM
    They should get that 6.3 inch by making the phone wider. Think about it, there needs to be room for S pen or the battery will be tiny. If they go for the "sleek and thin" design for the Note, it will only create doubts about battery safety again. It would not be good for Samsung.
    jimd1050, recDNA and justin1578 like this.
    05-19-2017 12:43 AM
    They should get that 6.3 inch by making the phone wider. Think about it, there needs to be room for S pen or the battery will be tiny. If they go for the "sleek and thin" design for the Note, it will only create doubts about battery safety again. It would not be good for Samsung.
    I totally agree there - you'll need almost a cm just to fit the spen and it's silo, internal clearance for it, etc!!!
    05-19-2017 03:58 PM
    6.3 inch is a perfect size for Galaxy Note 8 ithink. Otherwise there wont be any difference between the Galaxy S series and note series.

There is also rumors that the phone 12-megapixel wide angle lens and 13-megapixel telephoto lens capable to make 3x optical zoom.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-20-2017 04:28 AM
    6.3 inch is a perfect size for Galaxy Note 8 ithink. Otherwise there wont be any difference between the Galaxy S series and note series.

There is also rumors that the phone 12-megapixel wide angle lens and 13-megapixel telephoto lens capable to make 3x optical zoom.
    Who says they went in the right direction with the s8+?
    05-20-2017 08:15 AM
    I just hope some company continues to build a top of the line phone with 16/9 screen ratio. I will avoid the long skinny phones that tv shows don't fit in as long as possible.
    notefreak likes this.
    05-20-2017 10:51 AM
    I don't think 18.5:9 is a good aspect ratio for the Note series. Before the Surface Pro 3 the aspect ratio for Microsoft's tablets was 16:9. As of the Surface Pro 3 Microsoft has changed the aspect ratio to 3:2 because they thought it was better for a writing device. I feel the S8+ is just too tall and narrow and I wish that Samsung would come to the same realization that Microsoft did. This is just my personal opinion, but I wanted to throw it out thereツ
    notefreak, jimd1050 and natehoy like this.
    05-20-2017 12:17 PM
    I don't think 18.5:9 is a good aspect ratio for the Note series. Before the Surface Pro 3 the aspect ratio for Microsoft's tablets was 16:9. As of the Surface Pro 3 Microsoft has changed the aspect ratio to 3:2 because they thought it was better for a writing device. I feel the S8+ is just too tall and narrow and I wish that Samsung would come to the same realization that Microsoft did. This is just my personal opinion, but I wanted to throw it out thereツ
    AGREED!!! (Strongly)
    LineKill likes this.
    05-20-2017 11:02 PM
    Agree! I think the size of my Note 5 is just about perfect. If they extend the screen in the same size chassis, ideal!
    LineKill likes this.
    05-22-2017 08:37 PM
    This is all over the web today. To me it doesn't look like crazy s8+ dimensions ratio despite what articles say.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/201...-on-video.html
    LineKill and jimd1050 like this.
    05-25-2017 09:41 AM
29 12