Could this leak indicate Note8 WON'T have the dreaded 18.5:9 ratio?

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
If this is true I'd be so pissed at myself for not waiting instead of going with the s8 xD but i don't see why they'd do it for the s8 and not for the note? Exept maybe for space reasons.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If the leak is true then yes .. It could mean that. How credible is the leak? That is the million dollar question.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If the leak is true then yes .. It could mean that. How credible is the leak? That is the million dollar question.

It's Mid-June for a November Release - I'm already tired of leaks, they've all been so different! It's like why bother even getting our hopes up this early in the game when another leak will be out tomorrow, and the day after... and the day after that... for FOUR MORE MONTHS? :(

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Agree with August release as well since they are not being held up by the under screen fingerprint sensor anymore.
I don't see how that leak leads anyone to believe it's still not a 18.5:9 display. Unless you put the S8+ display next to it, it would seem it still has the same screen aspect ratio, just slightly bigger, which would make it appear slightly wider.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I love the 18.5:1 ratio. It solves the problem of the on-screen buttons wasting screen real estate. They would be stupid to go back to a 16:9:1 ratio unless they're going back to capacitive buttons.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Well I hate it because apps and videos are not compatible with it. So you are looking at a lot of dark screen instead of your buttons.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I hope it is wider....I mean it's a Note after all. Also, I do hope it comes out in August. I need a new phone real bad lol.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Note 8 will be released in August

Yes, August is the latest rumor, quite spread actually. Did you guys miss it? :D

agree with the other 2 posters above mine. Note 8 will be released mid August it looks like.

Agree with August release as well since they are not being held up by the under screen fingerprint sensor anymore.

So I exaggerated - my point is still the same! Mark my words - watch how many more totally different leaks we'll see before an actual credible image shows up that we can count on! That's all I was trying to say folks!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
New leaks literally by the day. At some point we'll start seeing something credible. Hopefully soon. It usually starts going into overdrive once the case pictures start to leak.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
This front panel looks normal and Note like to me. With enough surface both lenght and width wise to use the S pen. Fingers crossed!

https://www.androidheadlines.com/20...axy-note-8-front-panel-screen-cover-leak.html
As Johnny says above, keep seeing 🤣

Absolutely no way Samsung doesn't put an infinity display on the note 8, with 18.5:9 resolution. And, unless my reading comprehension sucks, that article you listed even mentions that the display shown resembles 18.5:9!

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
As Johnny says above, keep seeing ??????

Absolutely no way Samsung doesn't put an infinity display on the note 8, with 18.5:9 resolution. And, unless my reading comprehension sucks, that article you listed even mentions that the display shown resembles 18.5:9!

I don't care what the article mentions, I said it looks acceptable to me. Maybe there is less curvature or whatever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12