Expected Price Range of the Note 8?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note8 launches late September for nearly €1,000

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/06/2...more-than-1000-when-it-launches-in-september/

Lol.... "apparently not as bad?!!"... The phone is going to be bigger by a smidgen... hopefully they don't put the camera/fps up higher by a smidgen. It's already too high on the + :confused:

$1100 US is too much for me full price. I've been holding off to hopefully make use of my companies corporate subsidized pricing to get a discount. Last year though corp pricing for a note 7 was I think $399 from $850 retail. If $1100 US retail... we could still be talking $700 corp pricing :eek:

VN750

Banned
May 27, 2017
Visit site

The Venture Beat article is from Evan Blass aka evleaks who has a very good track record.

As I suspected it's basically a S8+ with a S Pen. Add in dual cameras and 6GB memory (looks good spec wise but has no real benefit yet except may be with desktop dock Dex). Battery is only 3300mAh (smaller than the S8+ 3500).

"The 6.3-inch device, with the same edge-to-edge, 18.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED display as in the*Galaxy S8 lineup"

Last edited:

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

That is a bummer from many aspects. Late release, high price, bad battery :(. I wonder if Evan Almighty could be wrong.

Tony_5600

May 2, 2017
Visit site

I had high expectations from Samsung, i thought they would bring something more innovative after Note 7 debacle but i guess i was wrong. Samsung has gotten short of ideas. Now i can safely say that Note series is DEAD *Period*

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I think the price is off, but not by much. Maxed out, it will probably cost about $900.00(i don't know how much that is in euros). At that price, even with less than stellar specs, it will fly off the shelves. The Note 9, next year's big thing, may hit $1000.00 maxed out. Better off getting two One Plus 5's and a good stylus.:p

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

People who want it are not going to be thrown off by price. Look at Apple.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Very disappointed by these latest rumors. Just like everyone said...S8+ with an S pen. I was really confident that after the Note 7 fiasco that Samsung was going to come back with a vengeance. But I guess they just want to rest on their name alone here. Slowly going to erase this out of my list but will wait until everything is official. Meanwhile I'm hoping Google knocks the Pixel 2 out the park.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

I think the price is off, but not by much. Maxed out, it will probably cost about $900.00(i don't know how much that is in euros). At that price, even with less than stellar specs, it will fly off the shelves. The Note 9, next year's big thing, may hit $1000.00 maxed out. Better off getting two One Plus 5's and a good stylus.:p
Yep, not $1120 as the article indicated. That being said, I am so satisfied with my S8 Plus that I honestly don't think I will be getting Note 8. Strange to actually say that but I don't have the urge I had when I was on S7 Edge.

Cboys4eva

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

Amazing job Samsung. You moaned and groaned about how sorry you were after the Note 7 **** show and our "loyal customers" this and our "loyal customers" that, that you're going to turn right around and charge a grand for the 8 to those same customers who stuck with you. Nice

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Amazing job Samsung. You moaned and groaned about how sorry you were after the Note 7 **** show and our "loyal customers" this and our "loyal customers" that, that you're going to turn right around and charge a grand for the 8 to those same customers who stuck with you. Nice

As I stated earlier, at about $900-$1000, the Note 8 will FLY off the shelves. Samsung, like most phone companies, is all about the money, not the consumer.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

Late September... do you guys think preorders could still go live end of August? What does "launch" mean? I really need this phone fast, crappy battery or not.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site

All of this is really disappointing. I might have to just get used to no spen and go with an LG.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

All of this is really disappointing. I might have to just get used to no spen and go with an LG.

Look what Samsung went through just to get their loyal consumers to return the Note 7. So, Samsung must really care about their loyal consumers, by passing their LOSSES on to them. The Note 8 will be an 8+ with a stylus, at an overblown price. The solution is very simple. STOP BUYING SAMSUNG PHONES!!!!! Now, people being who they are, won't care about how Samsung is using them, and they will blindly go into their favorite carrier's store and keep on buying Samsung. Remember this....You get what you deserve.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Look what Samsung went through just to get their loyal consumers to return the Note 7. So, Samsung must really care about their loyal consumers, by passing their LOSSES on to them. The Note 8 will be an 8+ with a stylus, at an overblown price. The solution is very simple. STOP BUYING SAMSUNG PHONES!!!!! Now, people being who they are, won't care about how Samsung is using them, and they will blindly go into their favorite carrier's store and keep on buying Samsung. Remember this....You get what you deserve.
It's also availability. Best Buy, Target and Costco might as well be Samsung stores.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I've tried LG and HTC phones, and didn't like them. I used to like Samsung, but now they're too much like Apple. My back up phone is a Nexus 6P. If necessary, i'll use that for a year or two, and see what comes out, and how much it costs. IMO, Samsung doesn't deserve my money. Unless they back up and regroup, i'll stay away.:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon