Expected Price Range of the Note 8?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note8 launches late September for nearly €1,000

Look what Samsung went through just to get their loyal consumers to return the Note 7. So, Samsung must really care about their loyal consumers, by passing their LOSSES on to them. The Note 8 will be an 8+ with a stylus, at an overblown price. The solution is very simple. STOP BUYING SAMSUNG PHONES!!!!! Now, people being who they are, won't care about how Samsung is using them, and they will blindly go into their favorite carrier's store and keep on buying Samsung. Remember this....You get what you deserve.
If you want a phone with a pen (very useful for my work) what other options are there?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

If you need it for work, that's your only option for now. Hope you get a good deal when it comes out.
Honestly, if I still had my Note 7, I'd probably pass on the 8. But I had to turn it in and Ive been using a 7 Edge while I wait for the next Note. Very sorry to hear the rumors about the battery size though.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, if I still had my Note 7, I'd probably pass on the 8. But I had to turn it in and Ive been using a 7 Edge while I wait for the next Note. Very sorry to hear the rumors about the battery size though.

Samsung is putting smaller batteries in all those Note 7's, and selling them in the Far East. How great is that.

ntwinsjohn

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site

I have had all of the notes from the note 2 on. After the note 7 problems, I had to settled for the S7edge, a lesser phone.
I do not like it.
I am hoping the note 8 will be a big improvement. Does any know if Samsung is going to help out their loyal note 7 customers? Between switching to the note 7 , the replacement note 7 and buying a new S7edge for my wife and myself, I transferred data to 6 different phones.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I have had all of the notes from the note 2 on. After the note 7 problems, I had to settled for the S7edge, a lesser phone.
I do not like it.
I am hoping the note 8 will be a big improvement. Does any know if Samsung is going to help out their loyal note 7 customers? Between switching to the note 7 , the replacement note 7 and buying a new S7edge for my wife and myself, I transferred data to 6 different phones.

See post above.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Look what Samsung went through just to get their loyal consumers to return the Note 7. So, Samsung must really care about their loyal consumers, by passing their LOSSES on to them. The Note 8 will be an 8+ with a stylus, at an overblown price. The solution is very simple. STOP BUYING SAMSUNG PHONES!!!!! Now, people being who they are, won't care about how Samsung is using them, and they will blindly go into their favorite carrier's store and keep on buying Samsung. Remember this....You get what you deserve.

Hit the Proverbial NAIL ON THE HEAD, Buddy - I've been trying to Preach this for years, but to Deaf Ears!!!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Now I really can't wait to see what the S8 Active looks like... may just pull the trigger on that and say the hell with the Note Line all together!!! Idiots ruined a really good thing!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was really hoping that this was released at the same price as the s8 plus. 100 more for a higher storage variant. At the rumored price it would make it a hard choice between the note an iPhone 8 or just spending half on a oneplus 5.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I was really hoping that this was released at the same price as the s8 plus. 100 more for a higher storage variant. At the rumored price it would make it a hard choice between the note an iPhone 8 or just spending half on a oneplus 5.

If those were my choices, i'd get the OnePlus 5.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

A Note 7 is what I bought, had 3 that I had to send back. I got the S7Edge as a substitute. I will get the Note 8 because a Note is what I want, the price is debatable until it is released. Either way, I'm sticking with the Note line because it is much more than a S8+ with an Spen.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

I would bet the US MSRP falls between $899 - 949 pretax, based on initial S8 pricing. This will likely lower based on deals like trade-in, etc.

As for the rest, I'm not too enthused with the FPS placement, but having used the S8 I didn't find it as prohibitive as I expected. I even got used to it so much that when I went back to my S7 Edge, I went reaching for the scanner on the back.

If it comes in Coral Blue at launch, I'll trade in the S7 Edge I got in place of my Note 7 for it and will hopefully be done with "musical phones" for the duration.

Also wonder what the function of the 2nd camera will be.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

People who want it are not going to be thrown off by price. Look at Apple.

Samsung is not Apple. Never will be. Samsung doesn't have the cachet that Apple has. IPhone is a pop culture phenomenon. It's revolutionary. When was the last time you saw a Samsung release anything close to the iPhone hysteria every year. IPhone releases are events. Can't remember the last time that the media covered a Samsung release. No need EVER to camp outside a store waiting for a Samsung release date. Just walk into any store on release date and buy a samsung within an hour.
That is why Apple can command such a high price AND come through each year with world leading sales.

VN750

Banned
May 27, 2017
Visit site

Samsung is not Apple. Never will be. Samsung doesn't have the cachet that Apple has. IPhone is a pop culture phenomenon. It's revolutionary. When was the last time you saw a Samsung release anything close to the iPhone hysteria every year. IPhone releases are events. Can't remember the last time that the media covered a Samsung release. No need EVER to camp outside a store waiting for a Samsung release date. Just walk into any store on release date and buy a samsung within an hour.
That is why Apple can command such a high price AND come through each year with world leading sales.

LOL, I appreciate that "reality distortion field". It is truly missed since Mr. Jobs passing. Dude had game...

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site

Baaaaaaa.
Last iPhone I had was awesome at the time - iPhone 4. Then 4s came out & I stayed with my 4 and jb so as to add the features I wanted and the customisation I craved. Then I switched to Android. Period. Never looked back.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

A Note 7 is what I bought, had 3 that I had to send back. I got the S7Edge as a substitute. I will get the Note 8 because a Note is what I want, the price is debatable until it is released. Either way, I'm sticking with the Note line because it is much more than a S8+ with an Spen.

It may be more than an S8+ with an Spen, but not "much" more. If the price doesn't bother you, and it should, then go for it. This type of thinking is what made Apple so much money, and keeps those Apple fanboys outside the Apple stores all night, just waiting to give up their money for the latest and greatest. How about a tattoo that says....God bless Steve Jobs?:p

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

It may be more than an S8+ with an Spen, but not "much" more. If the price doesn't bother you, and it should, then go for it. This type of thinking is what made Apple so much money, and keeps those Apple fanboys outside the Apple stores all night, just waiting to give up their money for the latest and greatest. How about a tattoo that says....God bless Steve Jobs?:p
Unlike other people on here and other phone sites, I buy a new phone every year. Just one. The Note 8 is my big purchase for the year. If I wanted a cheaper phone that does what a Note does then I would buy that, my choice is the Note 8, why should it bother anyone else what I choose to buy? Everyone buys what they want, not what somebody on a website thinks they should buy. I like Samsung products, if you don't, that's fine.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Unlike other people on here and other phone sites, I buy a new phone every year. Just one. The Note 8 is my big purchase for the year. If I wanted a cheaper phone that does what a Note does then I would buy that, my choice is the Note 8, why should it bother anyone else what I choose to buy? Everyone buys what they want, not what somebody on a website thinks they should buy. I like Samsung products, if you don't, that's fine.

You're right. If you want to overpay for your phone, that's your business. Have a nice day.

cynindesign

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

IDK about the release date, heard from a reliable source that Samsung employees in Best Buy have July and Aug blocked out from taking vacations......that doesn't sound like September, does it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781