Galaxy Note 8 looks gorgeous in latest concept

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Finger print scanner.
I think.
I like it in the back. I have a little stand with raised edges and I have to lift my phone to get to the front bottom one on my Note 5.
I don't mind it being on the back but should be right where the word Samsung is in the middle of the phone. Still hate the long narrow screen. I prefer 16/9 like a tv

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
yea, I don't use that option. there is nothing on my phone that's so precious it needs protection. but I get it, in large families or nosy spouses you may need it. although all they need to do to unlock the phone is put your finger on it when you're sleep or worse slip you a mickey.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I gave up on the FPS when it started to get a little 'off ' and wouldn't work well all the time. Moved to the four digit pin and have not looked back.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't mind it being on the back but should be right where the word Samsung is in the middle of the phone. Still hate the long narrow screen. I prefer 16/9 like a tv

I agree. I think below the camera would be perfect.

Although I put my finger there when holding it, so maybe it might mess up the sensor being pressed all the time?
Also, those credit card holders would be in the way.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My v20 has the fps in the back. I never hit it by accident. You quickly learn the button and only activate when you want to

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
this phone is the worst kept secret. there is so much info on it, that's because the Note 7 didn't happen so it will not be cannibalizing its sales.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Comparing to ratio of 8+, the Note 8 is same width but even taller. Enough black bars for me already with 8+. Pass. BTW, fitting to screen and cropping is not good. Nice as an option, but most content loses way too much when cropping.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Comparing to ratio of 8+, the Note 8 is same width but even taller. Enough black bars for me already with 8+. Pass. BTW, fitting to screen and cropping is not good. Nice as an option, but most content loses way too much when cropping.
A smidge wider. Not the same width due to the larger screen.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Actually if it's not black bars, it will be bezels. Any difference?

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The FPS is a non-issue for me as I rarely use it. I wear either my Samsung S3 Frontier watch or a Moto 360 V2 and either way whenever they're connected to the Note 5 or my S7 Edge by BT, all I have to do is swipe to unlock....that and Smart Lock recognizes my home Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth in my Ford Explorer, so I very rarely ever have to unlock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463