Hope this is the Note 8

MikeLW1984

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I really hope the glass on the right is the Note 8. It's a perfect balance of the nice Infinity on the s8 display but fixes what I dislike about it. It's not as round and more square and looks wider. What do you ladies and guys think?
(photo is from Phandroid.com)

Attachments

• 735.jpg
    735.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 224

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Re: Hope this is it

I think it looks taller and not wider, so even more elongated than s8+ which is not at all what I want :(.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I can't see the pic you posted (shoes line through a gray box) but I've seen a few "leaked photos, some showing it appearing almost identical to the 8 Plus, some showing it wider. The newer renditions of it wider would be SUPER

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Mike - I see what you're saying and I do like the squared off corners better for S-Pen Real Estate!

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

It does look wider. If this leak is legit, then the Note 8 may be back in play. It's going to be a hard decision between this and the Pixel XL.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't discount the LG V30 either. Nothing will compare if you want a pen so the Note 8 is in a class by itself, but if you are going to compare big phones without the pen like the Pixel IMO the V30 could be a surprise entry depending on the specs. People really liked the G6 and would be more loved if tweaked just a bit more which could be basically the V30.

The V30 could be in some ways the phone people wanted the S8 to be... it will be smaller than the V20 but bigger than the S8 at 5.99" screen and 2:1 ratio. It will have the dual cameras that Samsung couldnt get pushed to the S8 in time and the FPS will be in the perfect location below the camera and centered. Also going back to the front, it wont have edged glass for those that dont care for edged glass and want tempered glass protectors. And then if it carries over the features from V20 as a media machine then it may have quad DAC. We'll see if it has OLED, waterproofing and wireless charging. Also Google Assistant over no Bixby button. :p

I like what I am hearing about the next Pixel in terms of bigger size than last years but not overly big like S8+ so... V30, 2nd gen Pixel and Note 8 and iPhone 8 in next couple of months... it's going to be a monster end of year maybe.

It does look wider. If this leak is legit, then the Note 8 may be back in play. It's going to be a hard decision between this and the Pixel XL.

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I like the more squared-off look for the glass on the right and hope it will be like that...

but MAN... just that smidgen of width and the squared edge sitting on the palm... and if they put the camera any higher than height on the S8 with the FPS shifted even more to the right side.... if the reach was hard for anyone on the S8 (was for me)... I just think its gonna be harder on the Note 8.

I really hope the glass on the right is the Note 8. It's a perfect balance of the nice Infinity on the s8 display but fixes what I dislike about it. It's not as round and more square and looks wider. What do you ladies and guys think?
(photo is from Phandroid.com)

MikeLW1984

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site

I can't wait to get back to a Note. Absolutely loved my Note 7 and I really do like my S8+ but I prefer the more boxy look and feel and of course the spen. I know I sound like a kid here but every once in awhile like to doodle with the spen

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

nah. just measure the image of the S8+ and Note 8 on your screen. it's the same exact width.

If the screen is bigger, it's wider too. Even if it's only .1 of an inch the device would have to be wider to maintain the aspect ratio.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

If the screen is bigger, it's wider too. Even if it's only .1 of an inch the device would have to be wider to maintain the aspect ratio.
assuming there is an aspect ratio to maintain. All that was thrown out the door when this overlong and narrow sealed phones came along.

Do this: Blow up the image of S8+ and Note 8 on your screen. Place a tape measure or even use a piece of paper. First measure the width of the S8+ and then the Note 8 and tell me if there is any difference at all whatsoever. :)

Here I did it for you. Those two red bars are identical. One is a copy of the other. The width of S8+ and Note 8 are identical.

735 copy.jpg

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

If you measured screen size of the S8+ to rounded corners and Note8 is measured to squared off corners, it may seem to be a bigger screen/device.

5a83800f393ca07562df4f0b51f5b666.jpg

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

assuming there is an aspect ratio to maintain. All that was thrown out the door when this overlong and narrow sealed phones came along.

Do this: Blow up the image of S8+ and Note 8 on your screen. Place a tape measure or even use a piece of paper. First measure the width of the S8+ and then the Note 8 and tell me if there is any difference at all whatsoever. :)

Here I did it for you. Those two red bars are identical. One is a copy of the other. The width of S8+ and Note 8 are identical.

View attachment 263965

They are not. Look closely.