I really hope the glass on the right is the Note 8. It's a perfect balance of the nice Infinity on the s8 display but fixes what I dislike about it. It's not as round and more square and looks wider. What do you ladies and guys think?
    (photo is from Phandroid.com)
    Attached Thumbnails Hope this is the Note 8-735.jpg  
    07-15-2017 10:13 PM
    I think it looks taller and not wider, so even more elongated than s8+ which is not at all what I want .
    07-15-2017 11:57 PM
    I can't see the pic you posted (shoes line through a gray box) but I've seen a few "leaked photos, some showing it appearing almost identical to the 8 Plus, some showing it wider. The newer renditions of it wider would be SUPER
    jamezr likes this.
    07-16-2017 05:12 AM
    Love the front. Still dubious about fps on the back!
    07-16-2017 06:29 AM
    Mike - I see what you're saying and I do like the squared off corners better for S-Pen Real Estate!
    07-16-2017 01:12 PM
    It does look wider. If this leak is legit, then the Note 8 may be back in play. It's going to be a hard decision between this and the Pixel XL.
    07-16-2017 02:44 PM
    I wouldn't discount the LG V30 either. Nothing will compare if you want a pen so the Note 8 is in a class by itself, but if you are going to compare big phones without the pen like the Pixel IMO the V30 could be a surprise entry depending on the specs. People really liked the G6 and would be more loved if tweaked just a bit more which could be basically the V30.

The V30 could be in some ways the phone people wanted the S8 to be... it will be smaller than the V20 but bigger than the S8 at 5.99" screen and 2:1 ratio. It will have the dual cameras that Samsung couldnt get pushed to the S8 in time and the FPS will be in the perfect location below the camera and centered. Also going back to the front, it wont have edged glass for those that dont care for edged glass and want tempered glass protectors. And then if it carries over the features from V20 as a media machine then it may have quad DAC. We'll see if it has OLED, waterproofing and wireless charging. Also Google Assistant over no Bixby button.

I like what I am hearing about the next Pixel in terms of bigger size than last years but not overly big like S8+ so... V30, 2nd gen Pixel and Note 8 and iPhone 8 in next couple of months... it's going to be a monster end of year maybe.

It does look wider. If this leak is legit, then the Note 8 may be back in play. It's going to be a hard decision between this and the Pixel XL.
    07-16-2017 03:23 PM
    I like the more squared-off look for the glass on the right and hope it will be like that...

but MAN... just that smidgen of width and the squared edge sitting on the palm... and if they put the camera any higher than height on the S8 with the FPS shifted even more to the right side.... if the reach was hard for anyone on the S8 (was for me)... I just think its gonna be harder on the Note 8.

I really hope the glass on the right is the Note 8. It's a perfect balance of the nice Infinity on the s8 display but fixes what I dislike about it. It's not as round and more square and looks wider. What do you ladies and guys think?
    (photo is from Phandroid.com)
    07-16-2017 03:36 PM
    It's not wider. It is of course taller and more squared off so they can fit the pen.
    Looks good.

Hope this is the Note 8-untitled-1-copy.jpg
    levjaskulski likes this.
    07-16-2017 04:37 PM
    It looks wider to me.
    07-16-2017 04:49 PM
    It looks wider to me.
    It's got to be at least marginally wider.
    07-16-2017 05:28 PM
    nah. just measure the image of the S8+ and Note 8 on your screen. it's the same exact width.
    notefreak likes this.
    07-16-2017 05:48 PM
    nah. just measure the image of the S8+ and Note 8 on your screen. it's the same exact width.
    I certainly hope so. Much easier for me to hold for long periods.
    07-16-2017 06:16 PM
    I like it too. Hope that's the Note 8 also
    07-16-2017 08:15 PM
    oooooooooooh yeaaaaaaa

The Beast cometh'.
    07-16-2017 08:56 PM
    I can't wait to get back to a Note. Absolutely loved my Note 7 and I really do like my S8+ but I prefer the more boxy look and feel and of course the spen. I know I sound like a kid here but every once in awhile like to doodle with the spen
    07-16-2017 10:17 PM
    If the screen is bigger, it's wider too. Even if it's only .1 of an inch the device would have to be wider to maintain the aspect ratio.
    Mike-Mike and jimd1050 like this.
    07-16-2017 11:08 PM
    If the screen is bigger, it's wider too. Even if it's only .1 of an inch the device would have to be wider to maintain the aspect ratio.
    assuming there is an aspect ratio to maintain. All that was thrown out the door when this overlong and narrow sealed phones came along.

Do this: Blow up the image of S8+ and Note 8 on your screen. Place a tape measure or even use a piece of paper. First measure the width of the S8+ and then the Note 8 and tell me if there is any difference at all whatsoever.

Here I did it for you. Those two red bars are identical. One is a copy of the other. The width of S8+ and Note 8 are identical.

Hope this is the Note 8-735-copy.jpg
    07-16-2017 11:44 PM
    If you measured screen size of the S8+ to rounded corners and Note8 is measured to squared off corners, it may seem to be a bigger screen/device.

07-17-2017 05:35 AM
    assuming there is an aspect ratio to maintain. All that was thrown out the door when this overlong and narrow sealed phones came along.

Do this: Blow up the image of S8+ and Note 8 on your screen. Place a tape measure or even use a piece of paper. First measure the width of the S8+ and then the Note 8 and tell me if there is any difference at all whatsoever.

Here I did it for you. Those two red bars are identical. One is a copy of the other. The width of S8+ and Note 8 are identical.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	735 copy.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	263965
    They are not. Look closely.
    07-17-2017 07:23 AM
    If this and the Forbes article are correct, the display actually has an even sharper curve than the Edge. It is so sharp it is hard to distinguish in a flat perspective here. It is no wider than the S+, so more awkward due to the even taller design. Compared to previous Notes, writing on this is going to be inferior. Portrait = awkward and landscape = drop on ground.

8+ for non pen users seems the better buy. Not as tall, less curve, more battery and lower cost. 6GB vs 4GB has at best, proven to be nominal for Android performance. The smaller battery though with taller display probably will be noticeable.
    07-17-2017 08:46 AM
    It looks wider to me.
    They appear from the pictures to be the same, but a sharper curve on the Note. Wasted display space that reminds me of the CRT bezel days of spec quoting using non usable space. Not a very good utility of space for pen users.

The Note 8 will have even more space for most content wasted with black side bars.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    07-17-2017 08:47 AM
    I can't wait to get back to a Note. Absolutely loved my Note 7 and I really do like my S8+ but I prefer the more boxy look and feel and of course the spen. I know I sound like a kid here but every once in awhile like to doodle with the spen
    Amen, def love how it's boxier too & a little taller
    07-17-2017 09:25 AM
    Have you tried the Picasso app? I had that too doodle, but I'm not big into that. My kid app for me is a coloring book. The spen gets in the little spaces.
    Attached Thumbnails Hope this is the Note 8-6844.jpg  
    07-17-2017 12:51 PM
    Amen, def love how it's boxier too & a little taller
    How is it boxier? It appears less boxy than the 8+, since taller and same usable display width.
    07-17-2017 02:53 PM
66 123