Latest rumor: 3x Telephoto Lens

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
That's what I'm saying, most people use their phones to take pictures for Facebook, Instagram, snap chat, and so on. The camera we have today is more then good enough for that if not over kill. Anyone serious about taking quality pictures aren't running to their phone camera to do it and never will.

Just like your DSLR, I'm sure you won't complain if they continue to improve the image quality with every new model.

It's the same or even more important for phone camera, because most people just use auto mode and there are still situations where pics dun turn out so well, like in low light and most people will still want better and better camera on their phones.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just like your DSLR, I'm sure you won't complain if they continue to improve the image quality with every new model.

It's the same or even more important for phone camera, because most people just use auto mode and there are still situations where pics dun turn out so well, like in low light and most people will still want better and better camera on their phones.
In not saying camera phones don't take decent pictures, I was just confirming what another said, most pictures are for Facebook, social media. Today's camera phones far exceed those requirements and for most that want serious pictures they aren't reaching for the phone. I agree, camera phones are good for in a pinch and for most people's picture needs. I personally would not want a telescopic lens, to me it's just another access for water to seep in, which was basically my first post about it. It's a feature I wouldn't want to pay for, which will be in the price if it's true.

I'll Re read my first comment, maybe I screwed up what I was trying to say.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
In not saying camera phones don't take decent pictures, I was just confirming what another said, most pictures are for Facebook, social media. Today's camera phones far exceed those requirements and for most that want serious pictures they aren't reaching for the phone. I agree, camera phones are good for in a pinch and for most people's picture needs. I personally would not want a telescopic lens, to me it's just another access for water to seep in, which was basically my first post about it. It's a feature I wouldn't want to pay for, which will be in the price if it's true.

I'll Re read my first comment, maybe I screwed up what I was trying to say.

I take a lot of photos and do not take it for Facebook, twitter or instagram. I know lots of my friends do the same. The image quality and feature set has been dramatically improving on smartphones. I for one am excited to see where this leads to!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I take a lot of photos and do not take it for Facebook, twitter or instagram. I know lots of my friends do the same. The image quality and feature set has been dramatically improving on smartphones. I for one am excited to see where this leads to!
Great. I am OK with that.

Again, it's great if you like it, that's your opinion, mine is I don't. It's OK to disagree.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Sooo.. 3x telephoto lens, is that similar to 3x digital zoom? I'm guessing not but I would be geeked for 3x lossless quality zoom or something like that.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thievery is rampant. I know because I represent the miscreants. But the newest trend is pilfering mailboxes. A key costs less than $100. Just had an Amazon order stolen. Mail to an office address if possible.

Americans should start putting letter boxes in their front doors of their houses like the rest of the world lol.
Here in the UK we just have some dodgy mail men who will happily steal your mail, parcels if they don't have the highest/securist level of postage on them. I had an iPhone 5s stolen by the mailman a few years ago and I still hate him for it

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Americans should start putting letter boxes in their front doors of their houses like the rest of the world lol.
Here in the UK we just have some dodgy mail men who will happily steal your mail, parcels if they don't have the highest/securist level of postage on them. I had an iPhone 5s stolen by the mailman a few years ago and I still hate him for it

They just placed the parcel outside your house?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

No, they stole it mid-delivery. Mail gets lost everyday and mailmen can normally tell when they are delivering a phone by the size and weight of the package so they "lose it" knowing the company will usually compensate the person who delivered/received it. I've seen it with my own eyes before. I was working in the countryside and watched a mailman through a package into a bush. When he left I went to see what it was, in the plastic bag was a small box that even I thought might be a phone as it was the right size and weight but it turned out to be a part for a childs toy. He had to have hoped he was stealing a phone and threw it away when he was wrong.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just read this on another site and it sounds really promising. Think I'm going to start saving now

Samsung is also planning to offer both a 13-megapixel wide-angle lens and a 12-megapixel telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. They'll both support optical image stabilization, trumping the iPhone 7 Plus, which only offers OIS in its wide-angle lens.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... not a fan... Seems way too "me too" for my liking. Yes, the iPhone 7+'s portrait mode does take good head shots, but I don't see the utility there, considering that you have a rather expensive solution to a problem that isn't that big. In most of the camera shootouts, I keep seeing comments like "the iPhone takes the best headshot portraits, but everywhere else, it falls behind"

I would FAR prefer if they concentrate on the 'everywhere else' shots and take the color + monochrome route (which is also rumored)... which, if done right of course, would benefit ALL shots, not just a limited sub-set.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
You are correct, and it's happening in small towns also.

Not a hugh fan of law enforcement but it's an important component of our society. But they are totally unprepared for identity theft crimes. Mostly meth addicts and its easy to "flip" them and bring down a whole operation. But they refuse to do this because there are victims. In a narcotics case you can work it off by being an informant. Police aren't interested in cases of ID theft. So they'll continue to steal your mail, fabricate credit cards, forge checks and ruin your credit rating.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

Remember in the US we have community mailboxes. If you have a key you can open the back and take everything.

Had a client who would steal mail and make a file on various victims. Then he would fabricate credit cards, travel to LA and buy Rolex watches which he sold on Ebay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante