What do you use your SPen for?

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm a notorious note taker. I fill up these little paper notebooks in a month. Grocery lists, food plans, self motivation things (stop eating, fatty!). I've never been comfortable taking notes and tasks with text. That being said, there are other things you can use the pen for: cropping screenshots was a favorite of mine. I know the pen on the 7 could translate (but I did not have it long enough to figure it out)

Also could write a text, write in calendar. I found these things useful because I just like writing. Some people don't.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
On my Note 5 and 7, I had S-Note, an App that allowed you to take quick notes with the pen like a sticky note. Very handy! I also had several drawing apps that I used on a regular basis - even an electronic circuit design app that I could use to draw quick modifications to circuits at work when we needed to do work-arounds for some reason. The Note 7 was the best (for the short time we had them) you could clip a piece of an article you were reading and paste it into an email, or draw an irregular line around a portion of an image and grab that and paste that into an email or another document for use elsewhere. Enough said?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Grocery lists, to do list, phone #s , notes, SCREENSHOTS. I HATE having to press home and power or whatever. I've hod Notes for years, so yeah. 1st world problems. I find using my SPen quicker than opening up the contacts and typing #s , addresses, etc.

I sure hope Action Memo is back. It was so quick to pull out my pen, write a #, email, etc and link it to add a contact automatically. Notes are just beasts! Man I can't wait to get back to business!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Grocery lists, to do list, phone #s , notes, SCREENSHOTS. I HATE having to press home and power or whatever. I've hod Notes for years, so yeah. 1st world problems. I find using my SPen quicker than opening up the contacts and typing #s , addresses, etc.

I sure hope Action Memo is back. It was so quick to pull out my pen, write a #, email, etc and link it to add a contact automatically. Notes are just beasts! Man I can't wait to get back to business!

"Action Memo" BETTER be back! :mad:

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I have longish nails, so i do everything with it. I type faster with the penthan without it. I used the lil sticky notes to do a monthly budget on a 2nd home screen. I love to be able to scroll through fb, or any website and cut out a pic, funny saying, or meme and send it to whoever. The note 7 let me make my own gifs. I have my notes programmed to let me in the phone if i pull it out, skipping around all security.

For those of us who constantly lose the pen, there is a reminder if you get up and your phone doesnt sense the pen..

As a pet owner.. the dogs have come to have respect for the lil thing that jabs their nose when they are too far in my personal bubble.. and i have several videos where the spen is a glorious bird scritcher.. lol

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
All of the above. Everything you would use your fingers for, and then some. I despise touch screens, lol (former Blackberry user). I use it even for dialing. Been using Note phones since the N3, have the Note 10.1 & 12.2 tablets. The longer you have the S-Pen, the more you find to do with it.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
"Action Memo" BETTER be back! :mad:
Right?!

We did have a workaround on the N7 to install S Note vs the awful Samsung Notes. I read somewhere tho that it was blocked from being installed on the newer Samsung tablets. I will be incredibly pissed if that's the case with the N8. I have five years of info within S Notes/Action Memo between all my devices.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Right?!

We did have a workaround on the N7 to install S Note vs the awful Samsung Notes. I read somewhere tho that it was blocked from being installed on the newer Samsung tablets. I will be incredibly pissed if that's the case with the N8. I have five years of info within S Notes/Action Memo between all my devices.
I agree. S Note is a must have. I have had a note since note 2. Don't understand why they took that away.

One other thing about using the spen is the screen stays "smudge free". I took the s7e last year after Samsung pried my old cold hands off the two note 7's last year that I had, and I can't wait to get my note 8. I am constantly wiping the smudges off the screen of my s7e.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
All of the above! I also do spread sheets and Excel applications. The pen really comes handy.
I also like the fact when you're in a hurry, you can write something on the screen even when the phone is off and it saves it for you.
It's also great for graphic artists as it comes with different pens/brushes/strokes and colors. A girl friend always borrow my Note Pro tablet when we're together and always create some cool art works.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

ACTION MEMO PINNED TO SCREEN and not the way they had it on the 8, I hated it, On the 5 I had 3 screens filled up with different action notes pinned to the screen- TBH that was the biggest heart break (but I could deal)

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Right?!

I just bought the Tab S3...sadly samsung notes is installed and S note no where to be found. Still the awful half a$$ pin to screen ugliness.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site