Should I pre-order from Verizon or Samsung?

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Uhh... I think I remember why I don't order from best buy...

Copied and pasted from an *chokes*iphone*gags* preorder.. but this is the same across the board for any preorder from best buy

"*Just an FYI for everyone else who pre-ordered, Best Buy does not know exactly how many they will recieve on launch day. A pre-order does not guarantee a phone on the 19th, it just gives you first pick on the iPhones as the stores recieve shipments. What this means is that the the store can recieve, lets say, only 10 units on the first day and those will go to the first 10 preorders. Then, whenever they recieve their next shipment (which can be a week later or a month later) the queue will continue. So don't hold your breath guys!"

Of course, the store tries to get their hands on as many as they have pre orders, but it doesn't always work that way. I know my local sprint store got 5 note 7s to sell day one...

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Uhh... I think I remember why I don't order from best buy...

Copied and pasted from an *chokes*iphone*gags* preorder.. but this is the same across the board for any preorder from best buy

"*Just an FYI for everyone else who pre-ordered, Best Buy does not know exactly how many they will recieve on launch day. A pre-order does not guarantee a phone on the 19th, it just gives you first pick on the iPhones as the stores recieve shipments. What this means is that the the store can recieve, lets say, only 10 units on the first day and those will go to the first 10 preorders. Then, whenever they recieve their next shipment (which can be a week later or a month later) the queue will continue. So don't hold your breath guys!"

Of course, the store tries to get their hands on as many as they have pre orders, but it doesn't always work that way. I know my local sprint store got 5 note 7s to sell day one...

😨 yelp verizon it is lol

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
It seems like Samsung & Best Buy aren't good options so what is someone to do if they aren't w/ Verizon & want an unlocked version?

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah I'll most likely preorder thru verizon. I'm just curious.

I personally think you get them faster through the store plus I think each individual store has had extra promotions too. I got one from Samsung and one from TMobile on the S8+. I have yet to use the Gear VR so I suppose I could still sell it.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I personally think you get them faster through the store plus I think each individual store has had extra promotions too. I got one from Samsung and one from TMobile on the S8+. I have yet to use the Gear VR so I suppose I could still sell it.

Yeah. Lol I haven't used my vr that I got with the note7. I'll use my 256gb sd card from note7 tho lol.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I was just wondering the same thing- but I really need to make sure I get WiFi calling (I have AT&T but I assume each carrier likes wifi calling on their own branded phones)

After reading this, I think I'll just play it safe and deal with the bloatware and pre-order through AT&T
You need to get the phone from AT&T to get wifi calling. This limitation Sucks big time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've always done ordering and pre-ordering with verizon. So never went thru Samsung directly. So I'm just curious why people would go to Samsung instead of their carrier to pre-order. Any thoughts? Should I just stick with Verizon or try out Samsung?

Depends how much you care about bloat. For me the few apps Verizon installs is very minor so I just go with them.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Depends how much you care about bloat. For me the few apps Verizon installs is very minor so I just go with them.

Yeah the bloat doesn't really bother me. I'm going to stick with Verizon. It's like, I like Samsung for the phone but I like Verizon for the service lol.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't base my decision on the bloat. I base my decision on VZW VVM. I want it and use it, so I stick with the Verizon branded unit. It would be nice not to have the rest of the bloat, but it's not horrible to deal with.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My experience Best Buy > Verizon > Samsung. I appreciate the first two are subjective, but the third is objective. Samsung customer service is weak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt