08-22-2017 02:26 PM
47 12
tools
    Does anybody really think that Best Buy will have the Note 8 in stock 24 hrs after it's release? I'd vote No. I'm a little skeptical, fingers crossed though.

https://9to5google.com/2017/08/14/ga...st-24th-rumor/
    08-15-2017 11:37 PM
    I don't think that will happen. Best Buy could not even handle it. They don't have enough manpower and I don't think Samsung would allow just one place to take on such a tall order and with out pre-orders. Now I am hoping there might be a possibility they do the pre-order on the 24th and we get them on the 31st......*grin*
    08-15-2017 11:51 PM
    Never again the Best Buy thing. The attendant had tons of interruptions, it took forever. Not to mention I was exchanging & then getting a refund for the Note 7!!!!! Both times i was there, it was a giant CF. I did it the 1st time because of the 256 card
    08-16-2017 12:00 AM
    My guess, maybe on display and to preorder, so yes for sale. Just can't walk out of the store with it in hand.
    08-16-2017 04:17 AM
    I'd be very ok w/ Best Buy pre-orders on the 24th.
    08-16-2017 09:38 AM
    I would never buy my phone from Best Buy. Ever.

Now if anyone else had it available at that date...
    08-16-2017 10:56 AM
    I would never buy my phone from Best Buy. Ever.

Now if anyone else had it available at that date...
    If it IS available for pre-order at best buy, it will be available elsewhere. I doubt one place will get a special day.
    08-16-2017 12:21 PM
    If it IS available for pre-order at best buy, it will be available elsewhere. I doubt one place will get a special day.
    Oh I absolutely agree. There'd be no way in hell. But I was just speaking from the perspective because it seemed that's how folks were taking it. LoL
    08-16-2017 02:06 PM
    Didn't know that, thanks Debroid
    08-16-2017 03:02 PM
    But, what if Best Buy does get the one-up for release day because it's a Samsung product, and they have the Samsung Experience store's in just about every Best Buy now... and even more so, what if that Deep Blue Color is the Best Buy exclusive for an exclusive release on the 24th... not to stir the pot or anything, lol... Just my random theorist thoughts, lol.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    08-16-2017 03:24 PM
    But, what if Best Buy does get the one-up for release day because it's a Samsung product, and they have the Samsung Experience store's in just about every Best Buy now... and even more so, what if that Deep Blue Color is the Best Buy exclusive for an exclusive release on the 24th... not to stir the pot or anything, lol... Just my random theorist thoughts, lol.
    Note 8 @ Best Buy on the 24th?-nope.gif
    08-16-2017 03:40 PM
    I didn't think that there was a need to discuss it but I was actually going to say that if for some reason it is exclusive at Best Buy & that gets me that phone that much faster, I'm going to do it.
    Serkle K and kevinpleasants like this.
    08-16-2017 03:44 PM
    I doubt it. They don't service all providers, so Samsung would lose money. That would be the main thing.
    Plus there aren't a lot of Best Buys out there.
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-16-2017 05:26 PM
    That iis what I said, they could never handle the crowd but I have been there done that with Best Buy and they have to go through your carrier on top of doing their thing so I won't pre-order through them even if I have to wait longer to get it.
    08-17-2017 12:37 AM
    I doubt it. They don't service all providers, so Samsung would lose money. That would be the main thing.
    Plus there aren't a lot of Best Buys out there.
    Not sure of your location, but there are a lot of Best Buys in the US. And all of them have a mobile section that has devices on all 4 major US carriers. There are even specific Best Buy stores just for cell phones called Best Buy Mobile. There aren't as many of those compared to the bigger store because the bigger store has them inside as well. So if it could happen this way, it does make sense that would happen. US market with early launch date, at a retail store with exclusive colors for a limited time. Just like the pink S7 devices released at Best Buy only last year after the Note7 launch.
    08-17-2017 07:46 AM
    Not sure of your location, but there are a lot of Best Buys in the US. And all of them have a mobile section that has devices on all 4 major US carriers. There are even specific Best Buy stores just for cell phones called Best Buy Mobile. There aren't as many of those compared to the bigger store because the bigger store has them inside as well. So if it could happen this way, it does make sense that would happen. US market with early launch date, at a retail store with exclusive colors for a limited time. Just like the pink S7 devices released at Best Buy only last year after the Note7 launch.
    Best Buy doesn’t carry T-Mobile. So 3 carriers.. So no way it will be exclusive to Best Buy.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-17-2017 11:38 PM
    Best Buy doesn’t carry T-Mobile. So 3 carriers.. So no way it will be exclusive to Best Buy.
    That's what I thoght. I think they offer unlocked for T-Mobile later, but not at launch.
    08-18-2017 08:06 AM
    I don't have a problem and never had a problem with purchasing a phone from BestBuy. My experience has been nothing but GREAT dealing with their associates. Seriously, they're one if the best electronics stores available just about everywhere with approx 1,200 stores.
    bchain996 and lizette1222 like this.
    08-18-2017 08:16 AM
    I don't have a problem and never had a problem with purchasing a phone from BestBuy. My experience has been nothing but GREAT dealing with their associates. Seriously, they're one if the best electronics stores available just about everywhere with approx 1,200 stores.
    Ummmmm, I love Best Buy. I do. I would even do a promo spot for them like you did in any other situation, but not this one. They are one of the worst mobile retail experiences you can have for the general public. There are outliers like you, but I see more hate than love. When I worked at Sprint, Best Buy was the bane of my existence. They made people unhappy, which in turn made us unhappy because they would fudge up a lot of things. Main problem is they don't have access to carrier systems so they can't delve like they need to provide a true experience like you would at said service provider.

Yeah, mobile phones are not their forte....
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-18-2017 08:38 AM
    Ummmmm, I love Best Buy. I do. I would even do a promo spot for them like you did in any other situation, but not this one. They are one of the worst mobile retail experiences you can have for the general public. There are outliers like you, but I see more hate than love. When I worked at Sprint, Best Buy was the bane of my existence. They made people unhappy, which in turn made us unhappy because they would fudge up a lot of things. Main problem is they don't have access to carrier systems so they can't delve like they need to provide a true experience like you would at said service provider.

Yeah, mobile phones are not their forte....
    Are you speaking from when you used to work there? From what I see now they do have access to systems as my last phone purchase there they had full access to my account.
    08-18-2017 10:15 AM
    Are you speaking from when you used to work there? From what I see now they do have access to systems as my last phone purchase there they had full access to my account.
    Oh joy on this Friday...

I'm speaking from when I used to work there, and now. No third party vendor for the big 4 have full access because now of them have the full software. Never have, never will. They use lite versions. They do not have full access or rights to your account despite what it may seem on the outside. They don't even have full access to many of the National Sales Support lines to be honest.

Thanks for inquiring though.
    08-18-2017 10:49 AM
    Oh joy on this Friday...

I'm speaking from when I used to work there, and now. No third party vendor for the big 4 have full access because now of them have the full software. Never have, never will. They use lite versions. They do not have full access or rights to your account despite what it may seem on the outside. They don't even have full access to many of the National Sales Support lines to be honest.

Thanks for inquiring though.
    Weird. They were able to do everything the Verizon store usually does for me.
    08-18-2017 10:51 AM
    Weird. They were able to do everything the Verizon store usually does for me.
    Being able to service you, and have full access to the system is two different things though. Just because they were able to take care of you, means they have Verizon retail access. They won't have the same admittance to a full list of plans (among a wealth of other info) like retail would. Actual stores (Sprint, Verizon & AT&T) that are third party don't even have full access.
    08-18-2017 11:05 AM
    I was in Best buy where I live Va and the Samsung rep. Said they are getting rid of the Samsung mobile experience in all store. The space was bought out by Amazon and Google. He also said they won't be getting any note 8s to give in the once over.
    08-18-2017 12:02 PM
    Unless BB has a big special, I will never use them again to get a phone unless I buy it online. Using the store when I switched from AT&T to Verizon and them telling me they couldn’t approve me to switch due to it being denied on their system for credit reasons pissed me off. I went to Verizon and had no issues switching and my credit is perfect. Their staff usually don’t have a clue what they are doing either.
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-18-2017 12:49 PM
47 12