Note 8 @ Best Buy on the 24th?

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that will happen. Best Buy could not even handle it. They don't have enough manpower and I don't think Samsung would allow just one place to take on such a tall order and with out pre-orders. Now I am hoping there might be a possibility they do the pre-order on the 24th and we get them on the 31st......*grin*

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Never again the Best Buy thing. The attendant had tons of interruptions, it took forever. Not to mention I was exchanging & then getting a refund for the Note 7!!!!! Both times i was there, it was a giant CF. I did it the 1st time because of the 256 card :)

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
But, what if Best Buy does get the one-up for release day because it's a Samsung product, and they have the Samsung Experience store's in just about every Best Buy now... and even more so, what if that Deep Blue Color is the Best Buy exclusive for an exclusive release on the 24th... not to stir the pot or anything, lol... Just my random theorist thoughts, lol.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
But, what if Best Buy does get the one-up for release day because it's a Samsung product, and they have the Samsung Experience store's in just about every Best Buy now... and even more so, what if that Deep Blue Color is the Best Buy exclusive for an exclusive release on the 24th... not to stir the pot or anything, lol... Just my random theorist thoughts, lol.

Nope.gif

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

I didn't think that there was a need to discuss it but I was actually going to say that if for some reason it is exclusive at Best Buy & that gets me that phone that much faster, I'm going to do it.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I doubt it. They don't service all providers, so Samsung would lose money. That would be the main thing.
Plus there aren't a lot of Best Buys out there.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
That iis what I said, they could never handle the crowd but I have been there done that with Best Buy and they have to go through your carrier on top of doing their thing so I won't pre-order through them even if I have to wait longer to get it.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I doubt it. They don't service all providers, so Samsung would lose money. That would be the main thing.
Plus there aren't a lot of Best Buys out there.

Not sure of your location, but there are a lot of Best Buys in the US. And all of them have a mobile section that has devices on all 4 major US carriers. There are even specific Best Buy stores just for cell phones called Best Buy Mobile. There aren't as many of those compared to the bigger store because the bigger store has them inside as well. So if it could happen this way, it does make sense that would happen. US market with early launch date, at a retail store with exclusive colors for a limited time. Just like the pink S7 devices released at Best Buy only last year after the Note7 launch.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Not sure of your location, but there are a lot of Best Buys in the US. And all of them have a mobile section that has devices on all 4 major US carriers. There are even specific Best Buy stores just for cell phones called Best Buy Mobile. There aren't as many of those compared to the bigger store because the bigger store has them inside as well. So if it could happen this way, it does make sense that would happen. US market with early launch date, at a retail store with exclusive colors for a limited time. Just like the pink S7 devices released at Best Buy only last year after the Note7 launch.

Best Buy doesn’t carry T-Mobile. So 3 carriers.. So no way it will be exclusive to Best Buy.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a problem and never had a problem with purchasing a phone from BestBuy. My experience has been nothing but GREAT dealing with their associates. Seriously, they're one if the best electronics stores available just about everywhere with approx 1,200 stores.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a problem and never had a problem with purchasing a phone from BestBuy. My experience has been nothing but GREAT dealing with their associates. Seriously, they're one if the best electronics stores available just about everywhere with approx 1,200 stores.

Ummmmm, I love Best Buy. I do. I would even do a promo spot for them like you did in any other situation, but not this one. They are one of the worst mobile retail experiences you can have for the general public. There are outliers like you, but I see more hate than love. When I worked at Sprint, Best Buy was the bane of my existence. They made people unhappy, which in turn made us unhappy because they would fudge up a lot of things. Main problem is they don't have access to carrier systems so they can't delve like they need to provide a true experience like you would at said service provider.

Yeah, mobile phones are not their forte....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ummmmm, I love Best Buy. I do. I would even do a promo spot for them like you did in any other situation, but not this one. They are one of the worst mobile retail experiences you can have for the general public. There are outliers like you, but I see more hate than love. When I worked at Sprint, Best Buy was the bane of my existence. They made people unhappy, which in turn made us unhappy because they would fudge up a lot of things. Main problem is they don't have access to carrier systems so they can't delve like they need to provide a true experience like you would at said service provider.

Yeah, mobile phones are not their forte....

Are you speaking from when you used to work there? From what I see now they do have access to systems as my last phone purchase there they had full access to my account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969