Do you think it will have better battery life like the s8+

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
We know it has a smaller battery and a bigger screen but maybe Samsung have really improved their software or processors to make the battery last longer. I'm out most of the day and don't want to lag a battery pack with me...

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Do you think it will have better battery life the s8+

To be honest, no i dont think it will, but theres no real way of testing which phone lasts longer for someone else. Your use and habits are different than mine or someone elses

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site

the Note 7 had battery life equal to if not better than the S7 Edge, despite being smaller.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Hard to tell. I'm thinking it won't but it shouldn't be far off. The Note 7 had a decent battery loft. The Note 8 is meant to bring confidence back to the Note line and Samsung, so it should be equal or better battery life I'm thinking. Can't wait till the 23rd.

Old g

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site

the battery life will be fine my s8 plus has been a beast right out the box the. the n8 will be no worse . An to be fair it's battery is still bigger then most of the main stream flagship phones being released this year going forward

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
But I still don't understand its a power phone. Samsung have put a 4000 into the c9 pro (very slim phone) a 5000 into the a9 pro and even a 3600 j7 pro.. They must have something new up their sleeve?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

But I still don't understand its a power phone. Samsung have put a 4000 into the c9 pro (very slim phone) a 5000 into the a9 pro and even a 3600 j7 pro.. They must have something new up their sleeve?
You forgot the SPen takes up space that could have been given to a bigger battery.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Should of made it a fraction thicker for a larger battery.. Never yet heard of anyone complaining about their battery lasting too long

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site

It used to be a power phone. That changed with the Note 5

Old g

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site

Really now how do you figure that when in every measurable way . The note 5 was a faster, better built phone. Improved camera and more feature rich S pen then the note 4 . Let alone the s8, the difference between it and the note 4 is light years apart An I'm being kind

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

I expect the S8 plus to have better battery life, but only by like 5%. The screen size and battery size is almost the same.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Really now how do you figure that when in every measurable way . The note 5 was a faster, better built phone. Improved camera and more feature rich S pen then the note 4 . Let alone the s8, the difference between it and the note 4 is light years apart An I'm being kind

Some people are of the mentality it isn't a power phone unless they can swap the battery, something that's utter ridiculous because 99% of us are near a wall outlet or car on a regular basis. I haven't had a spare battery since my Note 2, even than I almost never swapped it because it's a pain to take the phone out of the case repeatedly.

My Note 5 averaged around 36 hours on battery, maybe it's because I prefer using a tablet or computer over a phone all day.

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site

More fragile, smaller battery, built more for form over function.

I didn't say that was a bad thing. It was probably a good business decision. But the Note brand did change its focus and is continuing that trend with the 8.

It used to be a niche phone for people who wanted more. More battery, more functionality and more screen. It's now a major multi media phone geared at anyone who can afford it. Much like the S8+.

Last edited:

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site

Some people are of the mentality it isn't a power phone unless they can swap the battery, something that's utter ridiculous because 99% of us are near a wall outlet or car on a regular basis. I haven't had a spare battery since my Note 2, even than I almost never swapped it because it's a pain to take the phone out of the case repeatedly.

My Note 5 averaged around 36 hours on battery, maybe it's because I prefer using a tablet or computer over a phone all day.

Nope. Nothing to do with stupid swappable batteries.

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
It's what most people complained about, makes me curious as to why you no longer call it a power phone?

Because the industry has changed. Every phone is a "power" phone. There is nothing separating the Note brand from the S series save for an S-pen. The Note brand used to be more powerful spec wise than any other phone.

Not the case anymore... At all.

I'm most likely buying a Note 8, but I can still admit this.

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Honestly the only thing different about the new Notes and the old ones are the lack of IR blaster, smaller unreplaceable battery, and looks good. To me those doesn't make it a non power user device. They still are able to do more than the usual phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith