Anyone Going to Wait for the Holidays to Upgrade to Note 8

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
6a6337e1ad1395d011d063dba051131e.jpg

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not waiting. I'm still on the Note 5 and ready for an upgrade. most of those offers require a second line or something else and I never qualify.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I too had the N7 and went to the S7E kicking and screaming. If you remember Verizon had a deal where if you upgraded to the N7, you could upgrade in a year. Well, I asked about this and they allowed me to upgrade after a year with the S7E but I can't until Oct/Nov when 50% is paid off. So, this is going to be the first time I don't jump on it when it releases (I usually don't pre-order but just go to the store on release day) so hopefully there will be some good incentives come the holiday season.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if I'm waiting that long but I'm not pre-ordering this time. I like my S8 Plus and want to hold off for the unlocked version and get it on sale.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I too had the N7 and went to the S7E kicking and screaming. If you remember Verizon had a deal where if you upgraded to the N7, you could upgrade in a year. Well, I asked about this and they allowed me to upgrade after a year with the S7E but I can't until Oct/Nov when 50% is paid off. So, this is going to be the first time I don't jump on it when it releases (I usually don't pre-order but just go to the store on release day) so hopefully there will be some good incentives come the holiday season.

This is the same exact issue I have with Att. I can either pay the difference to make up half at release, or about $135, or wait until Nov. However I have 2 chat conversations that prove the reps told me my upgrade will revert back to when I picked up my N7 - August. We'll see how it goes.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not waiting for the holidays. I've waited almost a year for a new Note.
I don't plan on waiting either. Will watch the Unpacked and anxiously await the details of the phone and Tmobiles down payment requirements, and plan to preorder. Then Ill probably plant a big ups truck on my phones home screen

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Currently using the S8+. Noticed better pricing now on the S8 so may wait awhile before jumping back to the Note line. For example the Verizon S8+ is $516 at Best Buy. I don't need a 3rd VR headset so may wait and see if prices drop by the time I get 1/2 of the S8+ paid for.

CTREV21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm torn. First of all I love Samsung's, keep going back to them. Had the original note for all the features it offered. That was a huge phone so I jumped to the GS4, it gave me fits with lack of storage. I decided to try LG (because of battery exchange and all) and was going to jump back to the Note 7. Them the **** hit the fan. Note 7's blowing up......waited hoping they would solve issue (see what happens when when you cant swap out batteries).
Well unfortunately I got hit with bad luck on the LG G4 with it's boot loop error (Piece of ****). So I had no phone for 2 weeks, bought a burner phone just so I could make calls then ordered a Note 5 knowing I had just lost my SD card and was back to 32GB.
Well here I am a year later.....keep in mind I buy my phones straight up and use them on straight talk.

Well I'm playing the game again with having to move my **** off the phone because I'm down to 1 GB of free space. Yes I take lots of photos and video not to mention the various apps I use. I almost traded in my sons iPhone 6 towards the S8/S8+ and dish out another $500 but I decided to hold out to see if the note 8 is really worth it. So one more day, some possible good perks. Still not sure.

I usually replace my phone every two years and get a deal on the previous model year to get a deal and offload my phone on eBay. Well the Note 7 screwed up my cycle. This may be the first Brand New / Just launched device I buy in a long time.
Decision time, Need unlocked version with minimal bloat, and I hope they offer a decent selection of colors. As for my note 5 I may keep it as a backup or hopefully still be able to trade in the iPhone 6. I guess I'll have to see what's on the table in the next few days. I hate spending top dollar as my system usually get me into a great phone for about $300.00

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Currently using the S8+. Noticed better pricing now on the S8 so may wait awhile before jumping back to the Note line. For example the Verizon S8+ is $516 at Best Buy. I don't need a 3rd VR headset so may wait and see if prices drop by the time I get 1/2 of the S8+ paid for.

That's how I feel too. I got the memory card and gear VR. I don't need another micro SD and I got the VR already which you won't get much re-selling it anyway.

I would rather wait and pay less for the actual device. Hopefully a couple months from now the unlocked version is out and places like Best Buy and Samsung.com run a sale. I use Tmobile so the price will still be nearly full price so if I don't get the unlocked one I will probably buy it from Samsung if they got it on sale.

I paid full for the s8 Plus because I wanted it right away because I was using the S7 Edge. Since the S8 Plus is similar in size to the Note I can afford to wait.