One shows the Portrait Mode & a little zoom

Other shows s-pen features? I guess?? Not real impressed w/ this video.

https://9to5google.com/2017/08/20/sa...teaser-videos/
    08-20-2017 04:36 PM
    One shows the Portrait Mode & a little zoom

Other shows s-pen features? I guess?? Not real impressed w/ this video.

https://9to5google.com/2017/08/20/sa...teaser-videos/
    I like the camera video, shows a couple of neat features to the camera. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Yeah, the S-Pen video is pretty poor though.
    Diehlirious likes this.
    08-20-2017 04:40 PM
    I like the camera video, shows a couple of neat features to the camera. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Yeah, the S-Pen video is pretty poor though.
    I know, I want it in my hands now. I agree, the portrait looked really really good. Especially how much blur you could use.
    08-20-2017 04:56 PM
    I know, I want it in my hands now. I agree, the portrait looked really really good. Especially how much blur you could use.
    I think this camera setup will be the best of 2017, at least so far. The S8's were great as well, but having that extra telephoto lense and the extra camera abilities like portrait mode will beat anything out there today. The only thing that it doesn't have is a wide angle lense, but LG has that covered.
    08-20-2017 05:00 PM
    I think this camera setup will be the best of 2017, at least so far. The S8's were great as well, but having that extra telephoto lense and the extra camera abilities like portrait mode will beat anything out there today. The only thing that it doesn't have is a wide angle lense, but LG has that covered.
    I couldn't have said it any better. I don't thing there'll be any competition until the S9. Pixel has no dual, there's the iphone maybe, but then what?
    08-20-2017 05:17 PM
    I couldn't have said it any better. I don't thing there'll be any competition until the S9. Pixel has no dual, there's the iphone maybe, but then what?
    I don't think phones need dual camera lenses. I'd rather have an excellent camera with one lens than a good one with two.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-20-2017 07:16 PM
    samsung has had the top camera since the note 4 with a single lens . And it got better after that . the note 8 should be a beast
    08-20-2017 07:28 PM
    I don't think phones need dual camera lenses. I'd rather have an excellent camera with one lens than a good one with two.
    Yes, I would too, but it's still better to use a dual camera setup with a telephoto lense to capture more detail and light than on one camera sensor as of now.
    08-20-2017 08:10 PM
    Yes, exactly. I think the Pixel might be some competition, but not nearly as good if it only has 1 camera lense, as the leaks have shown as of now. The Note 8 will introduce the dual camera setup, and the S9/S9+ will improve on it by software improvements, I think they will stick to the same sensors like the Note 8. I usually see that the Note series has started to introduce things that the S series gets the year after that. Iris scanner last year on the Note 7, the Note Edge, QHD on Note 4/ Note Edge, software improvements, like the UI and such, improvements in RAM and internal storage, and now the dual camera sensors in the Note series. Though, the S series had the glass back first and waterproofing, and the S series was first before the Notes as well.
    08-20-2017 08:20 PM
    Problem is there is limitation on the lens you can put on a phone which is only 6-8mm thick. You either put a wide angle lens or a telephoto lens but lose the capability of the other end if you just have one lens.
    08-21-2017 12:23 AM
    Have you ever used a camera with exchangeable lenses? A single fixed length lens severely limits photography. Can't change the lens on the phone, can't fit a zoom lens in it either, so they give you 2 cameras at different focal lengths.

This doesn't reduce or limit the main camera any, they aren't making sacrifices to the main camera to achieve this. Smart phone cameras need tiny sensors to fit inside a phone, they can't magically fit a larger sensor into the device to improve image quality without making the phone thicker or giving it a big hump.

So we get the best camera possible, then they give us a second camera with a different type of lens, so we have more photographic ability without carrying a dedicated camera around.
    08-21-2017 01:43 AM
    Have you ever used a camera with exchangeable lenses? A single fixed length lens severely limits photography. Can't change the lens on the phone, can't fit a zoom lens in it either, so they give you 2 cameras at different focal lengths.

This doesn't reduce or limit the main camera any, they aren't making sacrifices to the main camera to achieve this. Smart phone cameras need tiny sensors to fit inside a phone, they can't magically fit a larger sensor into the device to improve image quality without making the phone thicker or giving it a big hump.

So we get the best camera possible, then they give us a second camera with a different type of lens, so we have more photographic ability without carrying a dedicated camera around.
    People don't use the phone cameras for serious photography. They use their phone cameras for capturing family moments and Instagram. The S8 doesn't have the best camera available according to many, if not most people and in some ways, the S8 camera is worse than the S7's camera. If the time and resources were spent on the main camera instead of a secondary camera, the main camera might have improved more than marginally this year.
    08-21-2017 08:31 AM
    The only thing that it doesn't have is a wide angle lense, but LG has that covered.
    The main camera on the S8 is pretty wide already. I have no issues with landscape photos, etc.
    08-21-2017 03:36 PM
    The main camera on the S8 is pretty wide already. I have no issues with landscape photos, etc.
    The rear camera? If you mean that one, it's not nearly as wide as LG's, but the trade off is the blurriness you would get in the wide camera.
    08-21-2017 04:01 PM
    People don't use the phone cameras for serious photography. They use their phone cameras for capturing family moments and Instagram. The S8 doesn't have the best camera available according to many, if not most people and in some ways, the S8 camera is worse than the S7's camera. If the time and resources were spent on the main camera instead of a secondary camera, the main camera might have improved more than marginally this year.
    And no one's camera has improved significantly for a few years. No one has found a way to significantly improve the performance of a tiny sensor. We've seen the MP drop in favor of larger pixels, aperture get larger to let more light in, and OIS has become standard, but that was all done to improve low light.

Camera improvements have stagnated due to technical limitations, a second camera can be very useful. This is very useful for me, I take a lot of photos for various reasons. When it matters I carry a DSLR but having the 2 different focal length will be very useful in day to day life when I can't be bothered to drag a bulky camera around. Even for Instagram, this will be useful.

It's my honest opinion this is the largest improvement to Samsungs camera set up since 2014.
    08-21-2017 04:38 PM
    Yes, exactly. I think the Pixel might be some competition, but not nearly as good if it only has 1 camera lense, as the leaks have shown as of now. The Note 8 will introduce the dual camera setup, and the S9/S9+ will improve on it by software improvements, I think they will stick to the same sensors like the Note 8. I usually see that the Note series has started to introduce things that the S series gets the year after that. Iris scanner last year on the Note 7, the Note Edge, QHD on Note 4/ Note Edge, software improvements, like the UI and such, improvements in RAM and internal storage, and now the dual camera sensors in the Note series. Though, the S series had the glass back first and waterproofing, and the S series was first before the Notes as well.
    Idk why Google didn't go dual camera (DC) for the Pixel 2? There were even rumors a while back that the Pixel 2 might have DC. I think a DC Pixel 2 vs the Note 8 would be a fun comparison. Google should sell the Pixel 2 at a lower price like the Nexus line to compensate for lacking DC when many flagships are transitioning in that direction? I'm talking ****, but that would be funny right?
    08-21-2017 10:40 PM