Does anyone have any intel of when the unlocked US version will be for sale from places like Best Buy and Samsung.com?

When the unlocked one has a sale on it from samsung.com or Best Buy I will pick one up maybe or if Best Buy is doing the gift card thing with the purchase of it.
    Diehlirious likes this.
    08-21-2017 09:35 PM
    Idk. Maybe you will find out after the 23rd?
    08-21-2017 09:37 PM
    Maybe wait for Samsung to announce it, we don't have a launch date yet, only rumor.
    08-21-2017 10:01 PM
    I'm glad you mentioned this. I only want the unlocked version.
    CTREV21 likes this.
    08-22-2017 12:18 AM
    Maybe wait for Samsung to announce it, we don't have a launch date yet, only rumor.
    I'm pretty sure it will be Fri, Sept. 15th from all the rumors I've read and that is probably accurate if ordering starts next Friday.

So if it's like past devices I would think the very end of Oct the unlocked version will be for sale. With the S8 Samsung seems to finally be on the ball with the unlocked version and updates and they seem to be promoting it more. Hopefully soon after Best Buy and Samsung.com have sales on the unlocked version.

I was surprised with the S8 how soon there were sales and deals going for the phone.

Still interested in the price but it sounds like in the $940 range which is a lot. The higher price point though is clever on Samsung's part because that allows them more room to run sales and such and still make a high profit to entice more sales, especially with iPhone 8 coming out and the V30 if they're the phones they're supposed to be, there is going to be a lot of competition this fall.
    Diehlirious likes this.
    08-22-2017 12:51 AM
    Unlocked doesn't mean too much these days, BUT sense I'm paying retail for the first time ever since I've owned a phone....I'm curious to try one out just to say I had one.
    08-22-2017 09:21 AM
    I believe the unlocked versions come without all the carrier specific bloat.....which I never use on straight-talk.
    Diehlirious likes this.
    08-22-2017 12:28 PM
    I must say I've own lots of phones mostly from at&t . an I've never ever thought the lil carrier bloat was that big a deal . I never use any of it but my at&t . you can kill it to the background out of site out of mine . lately att has been on point with it's security update every month. if I have a issue with my phone I can go to any Best buy are att store for a replacement . now it's gotten better with replacement on the unlocked since bb started carring them . But to me the whole unlocked thing is way over played
    08-22-2017 05:40 PM
    I must say I've own lots of phones mostly from at&t . an I've never ever thought the lil carrier bloat was that big a deal . I never use any of it but my at&t . you can kill it to the background out of site out of mine . lately att has been on point with it's security update every month. if I have a issue with my phone I can go to any Best buy are att store for a replacement . now it's gotten better with replacement on the unlocked since bb started carring them . But to me the whole unlocked thing is way over played
    No one is overplaying anything. Some people buy them (me) and many don't.
    08-22-2017 10:29 PM
    You may be able to push to the background but it still takes up valuable space. My GS4 (@16GB) was practically useless with all the AT&T stuff on it. Had more like 6GB to play with even with an SD card installed.
    08-23-2017 02:38 PM
    Think it will be at launch. Best Buy lists it at $929.
    08-23-2017 06:01 PM
    Think it will be at launch. Best Buy lists it at $929.
    Really? Best Buy listed the unlocked version right away but then a couple days later they removed the price and it wasn't on sale until a month or so after the carrier versions launched. I would think that would be the same way with the Note. I doubt unlocked is on sale at the same time. If so I might have to bite lol but I'm trying hard no to and save money and get it on sale.
    08-23-2017 06:09 PM
    Really? Best Buy listed the unlocked version right away but then a couple days later they removed the price and it wasn't on sale until a month or so after the carrier versions launched. I would think that would be the same way with the Note. I doubt unlocked is on sale at the same time. If so I might have to bite lol but I'm trying hard no to and save money and get it on sale.
    I heard Samsung reps were following your posts and decided to release unlocked at the same time to entice the money out of your wallet ๐Ÿ˜‚
    08-23-2017 06:30 PM
    I heard Samsung reps were following your posts and decided to release unlocked at the same time to entice the money out of your wallet
    Haha. Best Buy did tease though. The first couple days they listed the unlocked version on their website, but then removed it. So I don't know if that was a mistake or Samsung has the final say when the unlocked is released. I would think that p*sses carriers off if the unlocked one is released at the same time and ends up taking sales away from carrier stores.
    08-23-2017 06:40 PM
    I heard Samsung reps were following your posts and decided to release unlocked at the same time to entice the money out of your wallet ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Haha. Best Buy did tease though. The first couple days they listed the unlocked version on their website, but then removed it. So I don't know if that was a mistake or Samsung has the final say when the unlocked is released. I would think that p*sses carriers off if the unlocked one is released at the same time and ends up taking sales away from carrier stores.
    08-23-2017 06:40 PM