09-19-2017 06:31 PM
1,519 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    I just called BestBuy to check on my order status and for those who don't know, when you've recently placed an order, it recognizes your phone number and asks you if you want to check on the order status all through the automated system. So as usual, I said yes and asked for the order update and it said "preparing, your order will be on its way to you soon". And then the automated system kept going and saying "to hear the details of another order press this button" and so on and so forth and then it gave the option for tracking information. Just out of curiosity I pushed that button and it said your order has been shipped and it gave me the tracking number. Even though it said my order status was preparing it gave me a tracking number. Just sharing that bit of information for those who also have an order status that says preparing, as it may have very well have also been shipped. Yippee!!!
    Thanks so much. I was able to get the tracking number this way, even though it still has never moved off processing on the BB website. My phone was picked up by UPS in Raleigh, NC less than hour ago!
    09-13-2017 03:16 PM
    Well now I don't feel so bad, I called and mine did not indicate it had tracking info. Still says I'll have it by friday though.
    Are you sure you don't have tracking info available? I was ready to hang up the phone when I heard it (the automated system) say the option of tracking information and I just chose that option for 💩 & giggles. You might want to call back and see if after it gives you your order status it starts to give you more options like "do you want to hear the info for another order" and if so, listen and see if it offers tracking as an option. You might get lucky. But don't get too excited, even though I got a tracking number, when I checked the tracking it says tracking information not available yet. Story of my life these days. 😂
    09-13-2017 03:27 PM
    Thanks so much. I was able to get the tracking number this way, even though it still has never moved off processing on the BB website. My phone was picked up by UPS in Raleigh, NC less than hour ago!
    Awesome! So glad that I could help out a fellow sufferer.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-13-2017 03:28 PM
    Well, mine still hasn't shipped as of 5:23 EST. 7 days "preparing."

I've called Best Buy twice today. I found out mine is supposed to ship from Ohio. I'm in Michigan, so no possible excuse for the delay. One customer service rep claimed she passed my order on to a supervisor that was passing it on to the warehouse. But when I called a few minutes ago to confim that, the supervisor really couldn't guarantee that and said maybe it will ship tomorrow. No one will give a clear explanation as to why the carrier versions are shipping the next day and the unlocked versions of the black Note 8 are just sitting on the backroom table. I wouldn't order anything from Best Buy again either. I'm glad this purchase takes up the remaining credit on my Best Buy card. No more dumb Best Buy pre-orders for me. This was such a bust.
    09-13-2017 04:35 PM
    lol finally got here last night at 5:26 pm (due by 5:30pm so barely made it) and still setting it up today. thanks!

btw, for everyone, carrier Sprint and UPS didn't want a siggy.
    When did you order?
    09-13-2017 05:44 PM
    Are all best buys gonna open at 8 on Friday?
    09-13-2017 05:46 PM
    For anyone on Sprint, do you think it’s better to order through Best Buy than Sprint?
    09-13-2017 05:56 PM
    lol finally got here last night at 5:26 pm (due by 5:30pm so barely made it) and still setting it up today. thanks!

btw, for everyone, carrier Sprint and UPS didn't want a siggy.
    Oh, good to hear you finally got it! Hopefully, the rest of us will be setting our N8's up very soon too!
    09-13-2017 06:31 PM
    Are all best buys gonna open at 8 on Friday?
    That's what it's looking like is going to happen, at least that's what I'm seeing throughout this forum.
    09-13-2017 06:42 PM
    I ordered an att version yesterday and it’s been preparing. Called to check and the automated said it was preparing to ship. Then offered a tracking number saying it shipped UPS. However the tracking number does not show as valid on UPS. So who knows. Guess I’ll see if it shows Friday.
    09-13-2017 06:52 PM
    When did you order?
    8/31
    09-13-2017 06:55 PM
    For anyone on Sprint, do you think it’s better to order through Best Buy than Sprint?
    depends on what you want. you can only get the installment from somewhere other than Sprint. Sprint only offers lease now or full purchase. I prefer using OPM other people's money.
    09-13-2017 06:57 PM
    Oh, good to hear you finally got it! Hopefully, the rest of us will be setting our N8's up very soon too!
    yes! I hope everyone's devices arrive post haste!
    09-13-2017 06:58 PM
    Got my tracking number from Best Buy!!! I pre-ordered the VZW Note 8 in Orchid Gray. Its finally on its way. In the immortal words of Flavor Flav: YEAHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYY
    09-13-2017 06:58 PM
    I ordered mine last night. Apple's keynote with the iPhone X sealed the deal for me. Got my tracking number this evening and it shows it will arrive Monday. Bye-bye iPhone. Upgrading from a 7 Plus and I am really excited.
    09-13-2017 07:10 PM
    Are you sure you don't have tracking info available? I was ready to hang up the phone when I heard it (the automated system) say the option of tracking information and I just chose that option for & giggles. You might want to call back and see if after it gives you your order status it starts to give you more options like "do you want to hear the info for another order" and if so, listen and see if it offers tracking as an option. You might get lucky. But don't get too excited, even though I got a tracking number, when I checked the tracking it says tracking information not available yet. Story of my life these days.
    I'm still not hearing anything like that and it specifically says it should arrive by 9/15. No biggies, as long as its here by then.
    09-13-2017 07:35 PM
    Got my tracking number from Best Buy!!! I pre-ordered the VZW Note 8 in Orchid Gray. Its finally on its way. In the immortal words of Flavor Flav: YEAHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYY
    When did you order?
    09-13-2017 07:36 PM
    When did you order?
    I ordered online on the 9th. Pretty ok turn around.
    09-13-2017 08:52 PM
    I'm on sprint, ordered an orchard grey last night with the standard shipping and got a tracking number today saying it would arrive tomorrow instead of the original date of Tuesday of next week. Not sure how quickly sprint will ship out.
    09-13-2017 09:37 PM
    Finally received my N8 yesterday! what a welcome sight to see that box waiting for me when I got home yesterday... have a question for all of you Sprint guys n gals... Did your N8 come with a SIM card preinstalled in the phone? and another attached to a credit card looking card? Mine did, and it caused issues getting it activated... had to use chat, but several hours later, I'm the proud owner of this beautiful device.. definitely worth the wait!
    09-13-2017 10:20 PM
    I ordered mine last night. Apple's keynote with the iPhone X sealed the deal for me. Got my tracking number this evening and it shows it will arrive Monday. Bye-bye iPhone. Upgrading from a 7 Plus and I am really excited.
    What made you switch? Curious to get and apple persons perspective. Ive always been a note guy so i am very curious. Welcome to the club!
    DmDJ61 likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:10 PM
    Mine got a tracking number this morning, shipping from a town 45 minutes away from me.

Best Buy still says "Awaiting UPS pickup". They've been telling me it will arrive tomorrow -- so much for that. 😞
    09-13-2017 11:17 PM
    I made an appointment for Friday 8am pickup, but I just received an email, Wednesday night, stating that my device is ready for p/u. By the time I seem my email, the store had closed for the day. I surely hope it's ready! I'm planning to call 1st thing in the morning to see what they say. Fingers crossed!!!
    larry1014 likes this.
    09-14-2017 04:11 AM
    I made an appointment for Friday 8am pickup, but I just received an email, Wednesday night, stating that my device is ready for p/u. By the time I seem my email, the store had closed for the day. I surely hope it's ready! I'm planning to call 1st thing in the morning to see what they say. Fingers crossed!!!
    Definitely post back and let us know.

I worked last night and I kept checking my email and didn’t see any mention of Preorders going out Thursday.

But that could’ve changed overnight as well, especially if you preordered at a big Best Buy.

Did you preorder at a big Best Buy Store or a Best Buy Mobile?
    09-14-2017 05:56 AM
    What made you switch? Curious to get and apple persons perspective. Ive always been a note guy so i am very curious. Welcome to the club!

I have always admired Android, but I found myself deep in the apple ecosystem. iMessage, Facetime, iTunes - everything was all connected. That's what kept me going along with them. Last year with the 7 plus, I was excited about the camera but hugely disappointed with the same old 1080p screen. I was growing tired of paying a premium price for a product that felt inferior to its Android counterparts.

This year I told myself that the iPhone 8 (or X) didn't "wow" me, I would break away from them. The iPhone X was the worst presentation I've watched in years (in my opinion). It was a beta device being introduced to us as "the future." The price point was ridiculous! They couldn't figure out touch ID, so they tried to upsell this "facial ID is the future" crap. The OLED is nice, but it's Samsung's leftovers (600 nit brightness compared to 1000 and 1200 with the S8 and Note 8) I also noticed a few other things that made me jump:

- Applecare price increase
    - upgrading storage capacity jumped from $100 to $150
    - to get the best iPhone X, I'd have to spend beyond $1200

It seems all about the money to apple now.
    09-14-2017 07:22 AM
1,519 ... 5152535455 ...