BestBuy: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
this will be an amazing device once I get all the crapola removed. man have they filled it up with worthless apps. Sprint and Sammy outdid themselves with the bloatware this time. I can understand why folks get unlocked devices.
Hope this dont happen to you but when I had Sprint I would uninstall all the crap and then a couple days latter it would reinstall by it self
Once unlocked you realize the freedom

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I have been keeping tabs on this thread for the entire duration.

I want to thank Pirarre you sir know how the big businesses like Samsung runs and how you need the blessing of said business (Samsung) to sell their product. It is just a shame that not all employees at get informed properly. My personal experience happened twice this week talking to three different Reps. in Best Buy on different days. Each one knew a little bit of info on Note 8 release details but none mentioned the same info. The first day of pre order the rep said we will email you for you to come in before we open on Friday to get your device. The second day I was on a mission to hopefully have a demo unit to play with. He was clueless about anything to do with the Note 8 release details. All in all I am having a good experience albeit some employees do not have all the info like the last rep I talked to was moaning about missing the release meeting because he was sick and missed the meeting.

Well congrats to all my soon to be Note 8 friends that have this wonderful device ahead of the release! I am upgrading from a S6 Edge so this is going to be a huge upgrade for me.

P.S. I am just evil enough I was at Best Buy messing with the demo yesterday taunting my good friend by taking pictures of me using the screen writing feature.

mike208

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Funny, I called BB today. It seems to be my new every other day hobby since I'm still not able to view my order status online. Here's how that went:
Rep: "Your order shows it's waiting release from Verizon"
Me: "What exactly does that mean?"
Rep: "I'm not sure. Hold please"

Two minutes on hold

Rep: "Ok, you're not able to view your order status because the phones won't release until Friday".

(??????The different stories I get every time I speak to a rep are almost comical at this point. Almost).

Rep: "Your arrive by date is 9/15".
Me: "That's in three days so if I'm going to get it on 9/15 that means it would need to ship in the next day or two, right?"
Rep: "yep"
Me: "And that color (gray) isn't on back order or anything, right?"
Rep: "No, it's not on back order".
Me: "So you have them in stock?"
Rep: "Yes"
Me: "Ok, thanks. Looking forward to receiving it in three days".

If it actually ships tomorrow or Thursday and arrives on Friday, I think I'll be shocked.

My status has moved from processing to preparing. Verizon Orchid Gray ordered on 9/6 alongside a midnight black for my wife which she has had for a week. I know you were in a similar situation so i wanted to update you. Although it feels a little dirty since I believe you order yours before me. Hopefully yours(everyone's) updates soon as well.

On a joking(hopefully) note, I now wonder if Verizon reads my texts. I'm an avid android fanboy, but after seeing the iPhone X launch yesterday I texted my wife and said if BB/Verizon doesn't have my phone to me by Friday, they may lose my business to Apple. Again I can't see myself actually switching to the dark side. But I do wish Samsung could do facial recognition like apple did. And all the stuff they are doing with AR is pretty neat.

AAinTX

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I feel a bit lucky after reading some of these experiences. I ordered yesterday, got my shipping notification last night, and it's out for delivery right now. Will be just over a 24 hour process from order to delivery. (Orchid grey, AT&T version.)

Only downside is that when I ordered, it estimated to be ready to ship on Friday and to be delivered on Monday, so instead of buying a case from BB with it, I chose a few off Amazon. Even with 2 day shipping, they won't be here until tomorrow. It makes me nervous that I'll have the phone before the case/screen protector.

ANDENIED

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Last night mine updated to take payment then marked as shipped, expected delivery Tuesday, 19th.

Now, the UPS tracking information says:
"Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled." shipped from Oregon.

I'm so disappointed, I have no idea when I will get my Note 8 now!! 😢😢😢😢

aaskin

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Hoping to get a call today from BB to at least set up my pickup on Friday. Not holding my breath though since for the N7 I didn't get a call at all and just showed up at 10AM when they opened. We will see what happens, Friday is normally a pretty slow day at work but I have been seeing my calendar fill more and more so hopefully I can still get over there at noon to get it!

Hope everyone else has been enjoying their new phones!

Beknatok

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hoping to get a call today from BB to at least set up my pickup on Friday. Not holding my breath though since for the N7 I didn't get a call at all and just showed up at 10AM when they opened. We will see what happens, Friday is normally a pretty slow day at work but I have been seeing my calendar fill more and more so hopefully I can still get over there at noon to get it!

Hope everyone else has been enjoying their new phones!

Suggest you check what time your BB opens this Friday. Mine will be opening early at 8AM!

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
yeah. if a confirmed pre-order then I would think they should have them. it's a nice color. I was very torn, but I think I'll be happier with my black N8...

...if it ever actually gets here... :p

No phone yet, TF?? How high has that grass sprouted up, lol ! I sure hope it comes soon for you, hell, for ALL of us!

ch5220

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I originally ordered grey Verizon on 8/29, after never moving off processing I cancelled this morning and reordered another grey about an hour ago. Now my order status looks exactly like yours

While my order still says "Order information is currently unavailable" when I check the BB website, I did just get an email from Best Buy with the device contract agreement, so hopefully this means things are moving in the right direction.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
No phone yet, TF?? How high has that grass sprouted up, lol ! I sure hope it comes soon for you, hell, for ALL of us!

lol finally got here last night at 5:26 pm (due by 5:30pm so barely made it) and still setting it up today. thanks!

btw, for everyone, carrier Sprint and UPS didn't want a siggy.

jadedangel143

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
this will be an amazing device once I get all the crapola removed. man have they filled it up with worthless apps. Sprint and Sammy outdid themselves with the bloatware this time. I can understand why folks get unlocked devices.

dude, i know. Aaa, lookout a bunch of other stuff i'm forgeting. Started disabling stuff this morning. I wanted to go unlocked route but finances wouldn't have been able to handle it. Still love my note though.

ConfirmationBias

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Figured I'd toss my experience into the mix, for the sake of informing others:

I purchased an unlocked black Note 8 from Best Buy on the evening of 9/8. The order claimed delivery by 9/15. Its status has been sitting on "preparing" for the past five days and the charge to my credit card remains pending.

While I was willing to give Best Buy the benefit of the doubt and wait patiently until 9/15, I must admit that I'm getting a bit wary - especially with some folks on here claiming week long delivery times once UPS gets their hands on the package. If it doesn't ship by midday tomorrow, I may give customer service a call and see what's happening. Though, by all accounts, I'm not expecting any sort of resolution.

If you're experiencing something similar, rest assured you're not alone. Misery loves company.

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I ordered one on the same day and it was delivered yesterday.

Figured I'd toss my experience into the mix, for the sake of informing others:

I purchased an unlocked black Note 8 from Best Buy on the evening of 9/8. The order claimed delivery by 9/15. Its status has been sitting on "preparing" for the past five days and the charge to my credit card remains pending.

While I was willing to give Best Buy the benefit of the doubt and wait patiently until 9/15, I must admit that I'm getting a bit wary - especially with some folks on here claiming week long delivery times once UPS gets their hands on the package. If it doesn't ship by midday tomorrow, I may give customer service a call and see what's happening. Though, by all accounts, I'm not expecting any sort of resolution.

If you're experiencing something similar, rest assured you're not alone. Misery loves company.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Mine shipped and is in rought but ups ground hasn't updated in over 24 hrs , have never received a ground shipment on Electronics before from BB , also people are committing that the phone shows up in a bag instead of a box , I shurly hope not as thats a easy way to beat up the phone

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
My status has moved from processing to preparing. Verizon Orchid Gray ordered on 9/6 alongside a midnight black for my wife which she has had for a week. I know you were in a similar situation so i wanted to update you. Although it feels a little dirty since I believe you order yours before me. Hopefully yours(everyone's) updates soon as well.

On a joking(hopefully) note, I now wonder if Verizon reads my texts. I'm an avid android fanboy, but after seeing the iPhone X launch yesterday I texted my wife and said if BB/Verizon doesn't have my phone to me by Friday, they may lose my business to Apple. Again I can't see myself actually switching to the dark side. But I do wish Samsung could do facial recognition like apple did. And all the stuff they are doing with AR is pretty neat.

Thanks for the update! When I called today, the automated system said my item was preparing and would be to me soon. I also got my device contract around noon today. Last time that happened (for my spouse's black Note 8), I got a shipping notice five hours later and received the phone the next day. Fingers crossed!!!

ConfirmationBias

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I ordered one on the same day and it was delivered yesterday.

I decided to give Best Buy a call to see what was up. According to the automated system, my Note 8 is "waiting to be picked up by the carrier."

I wrangled a customer service rep and asked for additional information. According to her, some orders are shipping from warehouses affected by the recent hurricanes. This may explain why some orders are being delayed for days, while others ship almost immediately. She also suggested that some locations are voluntarily holding shipments with the intention of getting them delivered as close to the 9/15 release as possible to coincide with the retail launch.

When I asked if I would still receive the phone by 9/15, she seemed confident that I would.

Take all that with a grain of salt. I'm at the point now where I'd rather resign myself to a "it gets here when it gets here" mentality and put the whole thing out of my mind.

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I just called BestBuy to check on my order status and for those who don't know, when you've recently placed an order, it recognizes your phone number and asks you if you want to check on the order status all through the automated system. So as usual, I said yes and asked for the order update and it said "preparing, your order will be on its way to you soon". And then the automated system kept going and saying "to hear the details of another order press this button" and so on and so forth and then it gave the option for tracking information. Just out of curiosity I pushed that button and it said your order has been shipped and it gave me the tracking number. Even though it said my order status was preparing it gave me a tracking number. Just sharing that bit of information for those who also have an order status that says preparing, as it may have very well have also been shipped. Yippee!!!

mike208

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I just called BestBuy to check on my order status and for those who don't know, when you've recently placed an order, it recognizes your phone number and asks you if you want to check on the order status all through the automated system. So as usual, I said yes and asked for the order update and it said "preparing, your order will be on its way to you soon". And then the automated system kept going and saying "to hear the details of another order press this button" and so on and so forth and then it gave the option for tracking information. Just out of curiosity I pushed that button and it said your order has been shipped and it gave me the tracking number. Even though it said my order status was preparing it gave me a tracking number. Just sharing that bit of information for those who also have an order status that says preparing, as it may have very well have also been shipped. Yippee!!!

Well now I don't feel so bad, I called and mine did not indicate it had tracking info. Still says I'll have it by friday though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781