Samsung (direct from them): Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

Edward Weldon1

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I just called Samsung to check on my order. They actually called me back after I opted for the call back. The rep said that he was sorry but demand was higher than expected and that even though I had a delivery date of Sept. 14th it was going to be a couple days later than that. He could not supply a revised delivery date so there is no telling when I'll get it. So much for prior Note 7 users getting the "loyalty" priority. :(

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I just called Samsung to check on my order. They actually called me back after I opted for the call back. The rep said that he was sorry but demand was higher than expected and that even though I had a delivery date of Sept. 14th it was going to be a couple days later than that. He could not supply a revised delivery date so there is no telling when I'll get it. So much for prior Note 7 users getting the "loyalty" priority. :(
First honest answer sounds resemble and yes frustrating

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ordered on the 5th as well and gave up yesterday when no one could give me any information. Said it was a payment problem which is not possible.

Ordered from Verizon at 4pm and using my new Note 8 to write this!

unbelievable, I'm on hold now waiting to talk to someone. I swear if they try to say it's a payment problem I'm going to blow a gasket because I know it is not a payment problem. The pending charge was on my card just fine.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
unbelievable, I'm on hold now waiting to talk to someone. I swear if they try to say it's a payment problem I'm going to blow a gasket because I know it is not a payment problem. The pending charge was on my card just fine.

Probably a BS excuse to get you go go away. I'm having a problem with UPS here. I called and they read me the same BS that is on the website.

The Miami hub is not out of service. They have resumed deliveries there as of yesterday and my zipcode is no longer affected according to UPS.com

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Ordered mine on the 29th. Got a FedEx scan today.

Still shows pre-order on Samsung's website. It will show up on FedEx/ups way before Samsung updates your order.

How to verify the Fedex shipment, when I don't have a Fedex account.
Also, when i am trying to create one, it is asking me to also input my credit card information for registration.
Can you please provide step by step process of how to find it?

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I signed up for FedEx's version of UPS my choice. You just put in your address, Etc and set it to give you alerts when you have a package addressed to you

I found it. Thank you.
I ordered on 26 Aug, ATT version, former Note 7 customer, still not showing anything on the FedEx and "Preorder" on my samsung account status.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just as an FYI, having been a moderator on this site for a number of years, I can confirm that members who promote theft and fraud will be banned without warning. That's a long time policy, please don't test it.

aCubs_fan

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Ordered T-Mobile variant the evening of 8/26 using the Note7 offer. I chose the charger & SD card. Original email confirmation stated my phone would ship out 9/11 & I chose next day shipping. Just received my phone this afternoon w/charger (no SD card yet). So my only issue with Samsung is the $14 I paid for overnight shipping but they sent it Fedex 2day. Also, they told me it was being delivered UPS, which was a lie. Besides that, happy with the phone. Hoping everyone gets their's soon.
20170913_190859.jpg

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Lesson learned, will never order directly from Samsung again. Only reason I'm sticking through this mess is for the discount. Spoke with three different reps and received three different answers regarding my order...

**Previous Note 7 owner. Ordered Note 8 on Sept. 4th Verizon version. Was expecting a Sept. 14th delivery date, I'm still showing Preorder Status on webpage.**

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So I spoke to a representative and he told me those who ordered on August 30 and before who haven't received their orders will get an email or message from Samsung regarding their order

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Lesson learned, will never order directly from Samsung again. Only reason I'm sticking through this mess is for the discount. Spoke with three different reps and received three different answers regarding my order...

**Previous Note 7 owner. Ordered Note 8 on Sept. 4th Verizon version. Was expecting a Sept. 14th delivery date, I'm still showing Preorder Status on webpage.**

Same here, after an almost 2 hour hold time. I get told only they have no idea when it will ship even though my confirmation said it would be here by the 14th. He said they have no other information. I am surprised the Samsung representative sounded like he was actually from the U.S. It is pretty pathetic that I can go down the street and get one right away from Verizon but not straight from the manufacturer. If it wasn't for the note 7 offer that's what I'd be doing.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Same here, after an almost 2 hour hold time. I get told only they have no idea when it will ship even though my confirmation said it would be here by the 14th. He said they have no other information. I am surprised the Samsung representative sounded like he was actually from the U.S. It is pretty pathetic that I can go down the street and get one right away from Verizon but not straight from the manufacturer. If it wasn't for the note 7 offer that's what I'd be doing.

Same here. Except mine is sitting at UPS 130 miles away and was supposed to be delivered Sept 7th. I could go on Friday and buy one at Tmobile or Best Buy while I could be waiting days and days for my order to show up.

I'm only order from best buy unlocked or buy from Tmobile at the store. I'm not dealing with this pre order mess from Samsung again. They also did not ship my phone overnight like I paid for as well. If it would have shipped overnight I probably wouldn't have this issue right now.