Samsung (direct from them): Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I live in Indiana. Roughly 2 1/2 hours north of Indianapolis, where the phone is shipping from. It shipped Friday 9/8 and is scheduled for delivery 9/12. I paid for overnight, got charged for overnight and it's still taking 4 days to deliver. I ordered from Samsung strictly for the Note7 rebate. Hopefully that goes better than this.

My package arrived in Oakland, Ca... which I'm about 45 mins away. I got the regular free shipping, which Samsung ship as 2 days shipping. I think my package is going be sitting at the facility until it's due for delivery. I work in Oakland, Ca too, wished I can just walk over and pick it up ??????????????????

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My package seems to have taken a tourist view of Indianapolis:

09 Sep 2017
10:27 PM Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS,IN

08 Sep 2017
11:16 PM In transit INDIANAPOLIS,IN
5:40 PM Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS,IN
5:27 PM Left FedEx origin facility INDIANAPOLIS,IN
2:22 PM Picked up INDIANAPOLIS,IN

(It was "in transit" from Indianapolis to Indianapolis for a day. It's scheduled to arrive at my location on the 12th, but I have to wonder if it wouldn't be arriving on the 11th if it didn't scoot around Indianapolis for a day.)

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Yo friends. So my phone is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. But I will be in class then work until 8pm, can't call in sick because I'm a poor college student. Is there a way I could have Fedex hold the package for pickup? There isn't an option to do that on the tracking website

Gave me a good Sunday morning giggle that you called yourself a poor student but waiting for the most expensive phone on the market lol

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
why they wont deliver in thw weekend while people are hime is beyond me they make you figure out a way to wait all day for a package to sign
I'm sure their workers want days off also. FedEx caters to business's which generally is Monday thru Friday. Give Amazon some more time, they will get you 7 day a week delivery, they already have the USPS delivering for them on Sundays.

CPST

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I got my shipping confirmation email yesterday for delivery on 9/12. I ordered the unlocked version with memory card and charger on 8/26 with the note 7 trade in. My mom ordered the same thing on the same day, literally right after I hit order on mine. She's still waiting on her delivery email.

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So I check my tracking status this morning, yesterday it says it arrived in Oakland, Ca... this morning, it shows that it went back to the east coast Memphis, TN. wtf! FedEx is weird, I usually ship package with FedEx, and usually they are local delivery, but I don't understand why it has to leave the west coast to the east coast, and back to the west coast... when it just need to cross the bay to hit it destination. Haha!

Burraburiash

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Ordered on the 6th, on the 7th I contacted Samsung via email and asked for the status on my order (It was on "Preorder" status). On the 8th in the morning, I got a email saying "After viewing your account, I see that your order has been suppressed. This means that there has been an issue with your bank allowing us to place an authorized hold on your funds."

Order was canceled (although I didn't know because my order still said "Preorder", so it's a good thing I contacted Samsung about the status on my order.)

I then contacted TD bank about this issue and they said everything is alright on their side and I should be able to make purchases as there is no limit/hold or anything on my account. So TD bank told me to go ahead and do the order again. I did it while he was on the phone, ordered the S8+ instead, order almost immediately changed to "Confirmed". So I thought everything was good. I went ahead and ordered the Note 8 about 1 hour later, was on "Preorder" status, but because I had "Confirmed" on the previous recent order, I didn't think anything of it.

About 6 hours later a hunch told me to contact Samsung (over the phone) and ask about my orders. And once again, the lady told me my order was cancelled because of "billing address" issues or something like that. That the "info" doesn't match the banks' hence why my orders are being denied (all 3).

I don't know how that's possible because I used Samsung finance and on the order page, I don't need to enter any details, I just choose "pay over time" and chose 'Samsung Finance' and that was it. Order Placed.

I then contacted Samsung again and explained everything, and the guy said he wrote up something and passed it to the "Higher ups" and that I should receive a call in the coming week. He gave me a reference number in case they don't call, so I can call back and give the reference number so they can pull up the notes or whatever.

Anyone every been through this?

Your case is really very strange. It proves that Samsung system is a mess. What happened with your orders? Are they still showing as not cancelled?

aCubs_fan

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Ordered at 9:30pm on 8/26, T-Mobile variant, w/SD & Charger (Note7 offer). Just noticed today that my order went from Preorder to Confirmed (except SD card). Still no email with shipping info. According to Samsung mine is being shipped UPS. Paid for overnight shipping. I live in central Florida so might get my package delayed due to hurricane.
20170910_100906.jpg

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So I check my tracking status this morning, yesterday it says it arrived in Oakland, Ca... this morning, it shows that it went back to the east coast Memphis, TN. wtf! FedEx is weird, I usually ship package with FedEx, and usually they are local delivery, but I don't understand why it has to leave the west coast to the east coast, and back to the west coast... when it just need to cross the bay to hit it destination. Haha!

I've had FedEx packages go from NJ to Memphis to NYC before. LOL something about their main hub in Memphis that requires some packages to go through.

TechKomm

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Lol. I am shocked. I live in the Chicago area and as of yesterday, I was told that my package was at the Chicago destination sort facility....YES: only to find out this morning they for some reason sent it all the way back to Memphis TN...

Jon Duval

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
ill never order like this from samsung again i just ordered the note 8 vr headset from amazon caise in not dealing samsung like this whole note 8 stuff ever again my order from aug 24th shipped fed ex yesterday will be here tues yeeeeeeeraaaaasaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaa can't wait did the note 8 is coming dance my wife says im crazy lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci