10-19-2017 06:26 PM
2,585 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Mine says it will ship on the 11th, and will be delivered "2 days from shipping date"
    So I must be getting mine on the 13th!
    Let's hope. If memory serves me correct those who ordered from Samsung last time got theirs later than everyone else. Samsung was slow. I ordered from Samsung this time for the note 7promo so I can wait to save hundreds of dollars lol.
    08-29-2017 07:02 PM
    Well my order status finally changed to "Preorder" and gotten an confirmation email. But it says it will ship week of the 25th September but I preordered today so I guess it's to be expected. It is Unlocked and I am using the Note 7 promo. Although my gear 360 says it's supposed to ship on the 14th. Weird.
    Same. I was debating whether to get it. But that Note 7 promo was too good to pass up. I had to send in my receipt in order to get the promo since I didn’t register my email with the Note 7.

But I gotta iPhone 6 Plus that if I was to sell through eBay or Craigslist, I highly doubt I can get $425. Decided to go ahead and take advantage of the deal.

The new iPhones rumored to be around 22nd... I’m just hoping that it’ll ship early.
    08-29-2017 07:06 PM
    Mine says it will ship on the 11th, and will be delivered "2 days from shipping date"
    My email has a 9/11 shipping date but on line it just says will arrive 1 day from shipping date (I chose over night delivery) hopeinf the email is correct and I’ll have it in my hands on the 12th!
    smooth4lyfe and boudicca00 like this.
    08-29-2017 07:11 PM
    I bought a new Straight Talk iPhone 5s from Walmart.com for 90.00
    After reading all of the comments I really concerned that Samsung will screw us on the trade in no matter how pristine the phone is. On the other hand, maybe they really are trying to make amends to us prior N7 owners...who knows? I planned on trading in my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB since I don't think I can get $425.00 for it..maybe close to that but it seems they are going for under $400.00
    Now I'm thinking of waiting until it's close to the 15-day return period and see if people (like yourself) get the full $425.00 trade in credit. If so, then I'll do what you did and head over to Walmart and get the same iPhone 5s. Great idea! Thank you!
    If there is no comments or thread about the amount people are getting for their trade-ins, I'll start one.
    08-29-2017 08:05 PM
    After reading all of the comments I really concerned that Samsung will screw us on the trade in no matter how pristine the phone is. On the other hand, maybe they really are trying to make amends to us prior N7 owners...who knows? I planned on trading in my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB since I don't think I can get $425.00 for it..maybe close to that but it seems they are going for under $400.00
    Now I'm thinking of waiting until it's close to the 15-day return period and see if people (like yourself) get the full $425.00 trade in credit. If so, then I'll do what you did and head over to Walmart and get the same iPhone 5s. Great idea! Thank you!
    If there is no comments or thread about the amount people are getting for their trade-ins, I'll start one.

But when you do the trade in, are you not choosing a device type and locked into sending in that type of device.
    08-29-2017 08:16 PM
    But when you do the trade in, are you not choosing a device type and locked into sending in that type of device.
    You select a "grouping" where there are several phones listed. I didn't have to say the specific phone model I was trading in. They are giving all of us $425.00 conditional credit when checking out. I hope that this isn't just a fake thing to entice us into buying again from them.
    I'm even wondering if I could send in a phone from another group since they offered up to $425.00 for all models shown (see attached).
    08-29-2017 08:25 PM
    Only issue I can potentially see from that is when I bought mine on my order page it states what device I'm trading in. I would think Samsung would be expecting a certain device from you based on you order and once received that would close it out.

I would be careful as most companies look for any reason to say you didn't follow the rules so now you don't get said discount. Hopefully it's not the case though.
    08-29-2017 08:36 PM
    NVM it does not have to be unlocked just confirmed with Samsung
    Thanks, I was worried for a bit.
    08-29-2017 09:34 PM
    Only issue I can potentially see from that is when I bought mine on my order page it states what device I'm trading in. I would think Samsung would be expecting a certain device from you based on you order and once received that would close it out.

I would be careful as most companies look for any reason to say you didn't follow the rules so now you don't get said discount. Hopefully it's not the case though.
    I think you are correct. I picked the group that had the option of the iPhone SE, 5, 5S, 6, 6s. It didn't ask me to specify which one out of the group.
    anon(1733) and burrzoo like this.
    08-29-2017 09:41 PM
    I think you are correct. I picked the group that had the option of the iPhone SE, 5, 5S, 6, 6s. It didn't ask me to specify which one out of the group.
    Same with me...no specifics as to which phone I'm trading in except for the group selection.
    08-29-2017 10:19 PM
    Yes the Samsung website is showing the unlocked as shipping on 25th
    08-29-2017 10:34 PM
    Sammy doesn't do installment plans right? If you pre order, it's full price?
    Yes....They do installment plans
    08-29-2017 10:40 PM
    And you will not get back the phone you used as a trade in if they get it and it's condition is not as you stated. They keep it and you get $25, now that seems a little harsh especially if that was your only working phone or you ended up having to pay it off to trade it in. That is what scared me out of the promotion, lord I would have loved to trad in my 7 Edge which is in MINT condition but I owe to much on it to take the chance and not get it back. That is just like if you went to a carrier store, trade in your phone and you change your mind and go back the next day your phone will not be be there. So to me I better like what I traded for or have a good 2nd choice to get. I traded my Note 5 to get the Note 7 like I am sure a lot of others did too and by the time the whole Note 7 mess was over you couldn't get a Note 5 they were no where to be had, well maybe on Ebay or Swappa, etc, but they weren't available in the stores.
    boudicca00 likes this.
    08-29-2017 10:52 PM
    Now I'm thinking of waiting until it's close to the 15-day return period and see if people (like yourself) get the full $425.00 trade in credit.
    Thanks for that thought.. I plan on doing the same.

Gonna wait near the 15th return day period, the advantage I have is that I’ll be getting my Note 8 around the Sept 25th week, so plenty will have a chance to test it out before I jump on board.

But I did that gift promo, will I then have to return the gift as well when I send back the Note 8?
    08-29-2017 11:24 PM
    Same here. I'll take it 2 days early.
    08-29-2017 11:53 PM
    Thanks for that thought.. I plan on doing the same.

Gonna wait near the 15th return day period, the advantage I have is that I’ll be getting my Note 8 around the Sept 25th week, so plenty will have a chance to test it out before I jump on board.

But I did that gift promo, will I then have to return the gift as well when I send back the Note 8?
    Per an FAQ on Samsung.com, you will also have to return the promotional gift.

Can I return my new device if I decide to do that?

We’re sure you’ll love your new Samsung Smartphone but, just in case, our normal return policy applies (or in the case of in-person purchases made at Samsung Galaxy Studios, you must return the Galaxy Note8 that you purchased under this Trade-In Program to the Samsung Galaxy Studio from which the device was purchased within 30 days of such purchase). However, if you receive a free promotional gift with your new phone, you will have to return the gift as well as the phone in order for your return and refund to be processed.
    08-30-2017 12:03 AM
    It says pre-orders ship out on the 11th. I would expect it on the 12th since I paid extra for overnight shipping.

Do you guys think it could ship before the 11th? I want the Note 8 now!!
    08-30-2017 12:07 AM
    I got my sister's Orchid Grey Note 8 AT&T and did the trade-in for her S7 Edge. Ships out on my birthday (the 11th) and should be coming a day before hers (the 14th)
    Jewels81 and EMGSM like this.
    08-30-2017 07:00 AM
    I got next day! Says it's shipping on the 11th so I'm expecting it by the 12th!!
    08-30-2017 09:12 AM
    Well, the trade in deal got me, i just placed my pre-order. I am turning in an S5 that i bought off a friend. it is saying mine will arrive on 9/14.

For the free gift i picked the Gear 360, will most likely sell that.
    08-30-2017 11:26 AM
    Well, the trade in deal got me, i just placed my pre-order. I am turning in an S5 that i bought off a friend. it is saying mine will arrive on 9/14.

For the free gift i picked the Gear 360, will most likely sell that.
    I feel like it’s a no-brainer for former Note 7 users who have a fairly decent phone that can trade in, because I have a iPhone 6 Plus that I am no longer using. I’m just hoping that Samsung don’t have any alternative motives, because it will definitely ruin what little credibility they have.
    08-30-2017 01:06 PM
    Tomible might be shipping. I want my note!!!
    08-30-2017 01:07 PM
    Just ordered an iPhone 5S for $100 as my trade in for the Note 7 discount....I'll sell my S8+ to pay off the remainder of the Note 8 and keep the rest for myself...win-win!
    08-30-2017 01:31 PM
    Anybody else having issues ordering on Samsung's website? I've been trying to preorder for the last couple hours and I keep getting an "error during place order, please try again later" message. It shouldn't be this difficult to spend $600....
    08-30-2017 02:52 PM
    I got my sister's Orchid Grey Note 8 AT&T and did the trade-in for her S7 Edge. Ships out on my birthday (the 11th) and should be coming a day before hers (the 14th)
    Happy early birthday
    Iva_LadyDiCaprio98 likes this.
    08-30-2017 02:58 PM
2,585 ... 7891011 ...