Samsung (direct from them): Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I just received my direct from Samsung unlocked Note 8 and Gear 360 camera today via FedEx. Just be warned, both items were shipped in a box with very little padding (2 air pouches). The Gear 360 was in a clear plastic pouch and the Note 8 was by itself. The Note 8 box didn't have any tamper-proof seal stickers or anything, so I'm not sure if this is a refurb or if they just ship their unlocked phones without a tamper-proof seal. The packing receipt looked like it was printed on an old 90s inkjet printer that was running out of ink. I'll do the full unboxing when I'm home from work. The other thing that I'm still wondering about is the label to ship back your pre-owned phone. It wasn't included in the box so I'm assuming once I register the device, one will be provided for me?

Has anyone else had an experience similar?

Your phone is not tampered with or refurbished. They didn't provide any seal for the phone so that's normal. For your trade-in label go to your Samsung.com account and go to that order you should be able to print it there

o Alterian o

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I originally paid with a CC that expired and since have gotten a new one. I called to update and they said they couldn't. She's informed me that I will receive and email about payment issue, then I could update. How does that make sense?

Metalfreak78

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I signed up just to tell my harrowing story. I ordered my Sprint Note 7 "loyalty" deal on Aug 28th. Received emailed an hour or so later. It sat as pre-order until last week. Changed to confirmed. My order confirmation email said "Ship date 9/11/2017". After my order changed to Confirmed on the website, it said "Order will be delivered 2 business days after the ship date mentioned in the email." 9/11 comes... no tracking. I was hoping notifications were just slow. Came home to no phone today.

Emailed support and sat back to read this thread. Decided to call the support line. Spoke to a lovely person that I had to spell information phonetically to. She got through all of that, then provided me with the e-commerce support number . It rang... then a recording came on saying "Everyone needs help, and it's not embarrassing. We all need someone to talk to. Please press 1 to talk with a suicide prevention expert. We're here to help!"

I said to myself... that's a weird advertisement from Samsung, and continued to read the thread and as the message repeated, I searched the Samsung site and realized she flipped two numbers. As I waited on hold for e-commerce support and continuing to pour through these posts, I considered hanging up and calling the prevention line. However, I stayed on the line for over 50 minutes before I decided to hang up and just let fate take its course.

20 minutes later, I receive a shipment confirmation from Samsung. Scheduled Fedex delivery for the 15th.

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I signed up just to tell my harrowing story. I ordered my Sprint Note 7 "loyalty" deal on Aug 28th. Received emailed an hour or so later. It sat as pre-order until last week. Changed to confirmed. My order confirmation email said "Ship date 9/11/2017". After my order changed to Confirmed on the website, it said "Order will be delivered 2 business days after the ship date mentioned in the email." 9/11 comes... no tracking. I was hoping notifications were just slow. Came home to no phone today.

Emailed support and sat back to read this thread. Decided to call the support line. Spoke to a lovely person that I had to spell information phonetically to. She got through all of that, then provided me with the e-commerce support number . It rang... then a recording came on saying "Everyone needs help, and it's not embarrassing. We all need someone to talk to. Please press 1 to talk with a suicide prevention expert. We're here to help!"

I said to myself... that's a weird advertisement from Samsung, and continued to read the thread and as the message repeated, I searched the Samsung site and realized she flipped two numbers. As I waited on hold for e-commerce support and continuing to pour through these posts, I considered hanging up and calling the prevention line. However, I stayed on the line for over 50 minutes before I decided to hang up and just let fate take its course.

20 minutes later, I receive a shipment confirmation from Samsung. Scheduled Fedex delivery for the 15th.

LOL
Former note 7 owner here and I preordered the 4th. Email confirmation said I would have the phone by 9/14 but my orders page still says preorder like the rest of you guys. I got of the phone with the samsung rep whom gave me the same number as you. I thought I had typed in the number wrong so I hung up...

Hopefully I will get my phone tomorrow. My brother has had his note 8 for a week now and didn't own the note 7 at all. If verizon had as good of a deal as samsung I would have never ordered directly

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I originally paid with a CC that expired and since have gotten a new one. I called to update and they said they couldn't. She's informed me that I will receive and email about payment issue, then I could update. How does that make sense?

I received an email to update my payment today. The only reason why I think I received it is because I called the Samsung Order Team and told them to escalate my issue the warehouse (which the lady did), and I got the email the next day. Tell them to escalate your issue.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
That is the only reason why I went with it, but I'm starting to think it was a bad idea. Especially from the s8 trade in, and in general the craptastic customer service they offer.

My mom said she'd give me $300 for my S7 Edge. I'm thinking that is better than rolling the dice and hoping to get $425 from samsung. I can then order it from Best Buy and pick it up in store. $300 sure beats $25. I'd probably still get the unlocked model at Best Buy before my samsung.com order shows up if it ever does.

I sent in an iPhone 5 my mother gave me. It has already been received and my trade value reflects $425 when I log into "my orders" on Samsung.com. It showed $0.00 before my trade got there. I think that's conformation that they accepted the trade. Don't know anything about the s8 trade issue, but I doubt Samsung would wanna cause any additional trouble for Note7 owners by rejecting their good trade ins. I think if anyone gets their trade rejected in this deal, they probably didn't follow the rules. I even read on another forum where someone said they sent their Note7 in for the $425. Dumb move. But I bet they'll end up blaming Samsung for rejecting it even though it's obviously not on the list.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I sent in an iPhone 5 my mother gave me. It has already been received and my trade value reflects $425 when I log into "my orders" on Samsung.com. It showed $0.00 before my trade got there. I think that's conformation that they accepted the trade. Don't know anything about the s8 trade issue, but I doubt Samsung would wanna cause any additional trouble for Note7 owners by rejecting their good trade ins. I think if anyone gets their trade rejected in this deal, they probably didn't follow the rules. I even read on another forum where someone said they sent their Note7 in for the $425. Dumb move. But I bet they'll end up blaming Samsung for rejecting it even though it's obviously not on the list.

Did you receive any instructions from Samsung about how to go about sending in your trade in? I thought we were supposed to get an email about it but I'm still waiting. I'm worried if I just send in my trade in without knowing specifics, that I won't get credited.

Ronald Rivera1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Finally got my shipping notice. Delivery is Friday. Ordered Sept 1. The original email said September 21. Only problem is I'll be working. Hoping to get a family member to wait at my house till I get off. Any suggestions??

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My phone shipped today via FedEx. It will be here Friday. My wireless charger arrived via FedEx today. The SD card has not shipped yet. I hope they didn't run out of the 256gb cards they were sending. I ordered August 26th, Note 7 deal, Sprint version.

JK0907

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Ordered on 9/7. Just chatted with agent and was told that it will ship on Oct 1. It's gonna be frustrating 3 weeks. Unlocked version.

crackercraig

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Ordered on 9/7. Just chatted with agent and was told that it will ship on Oct 1. It's gonna be frustrating 3 weeks. Unlocked version.

Same thing almost happened to me. I had an unlocked black phone in my cart. Ship date was oct 1st. I wanted to get grey but didn't want at&t version. But since changing to orchid grey at&t version changed my ship date saved me a week I went for it. Ordered the orchid grey at&t on sept 7 and ship date was 9/14. Hope it still ships on time since my status still says preorder on the Samsung site.

Teresa McGuire

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Blues Fan-Why do you want to reject it? You have waited this long and it’s almost here,I’ve read what issues you have had and I do understand your frustration but just be patient,and I’ve read here and other forums that Samsung is honoring and giving $425 for the trade-in’s so quit worrying about that part. By being impatient you are just setting yourself up for more frustration,believe me because I’ve returned things to Samsung and it will be several weeks before you even get a refund,it takes the shipping time for it to get back in which Samsung has return or refused shipments sent back ground shipping,then processing time,then the 5 to 7 business days for the refund to show back up on your card you are looking at 2 maybe 3 weeks. And yes I’ve refused shipments from Samsung as I was sent accidentally duplicate orders once so I know what I’m talking about. So unless you have the extra funds to run down to Best Buy,T-Mobile or whatever and get a phone and wait on a refund then I would just be patient and wait a few days for it to get to you.

Edward Weldon1

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Went to Best Buy yesterday, they had the black note 8 available. I preordered there, I pick it up tomorrow (Friday the 15th). I will receive the 425 dollar trade-in credit through Verizon and a additional 150 off from Best Buy. Projected monthly payment to $14.75. (if I get full trade-in value) and I still qualify for the preorder freebies. Much better deal than Samsung's. I canceled my order from Samsung. Problem solved.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone here ever rejected a Samsung.com shipment before? If so, how long did it take to get a refund?
Just accept the package, I can't imagine the pain of going thru a refund process with Samsung. It's at the shipping hub, I am sure UPS is behind due to Irma. Frustrating yes, but why add the frustration of returning it.

I almost did the note 7 trade in deal also, but I decided not to. Samsung history of shipping, the s8 trade in fiasco, having to deal with them on the trade in, probably be issues, and dealing with them for any returns or warranty work, but your already in the process. If it were me, I would sell your s7 to your mom and let Samsung charge you the extra $425 and skip the trade in process with Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20