Best Cases & Accessories for the Note 8

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I-Blason crystal case. Have it on my Note 5 and had it on my Note 7 before I returned it. For those of you wanting to see the phones beauty but protect it at the same time. I'm a minimalist so this works perfectly and doesn't add any bulk. Slides in and out of my pocket with ease.

3846ef95ae5708dada45225466a33b98.jpg

9b99ee888498ad1c5e08d194493bf7a0.png

4cfe44745fc99d7626c2b523f965bedd.png

9547bb231ee8f9563e9d0b118d4e76cd.png

YoYZ

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Question about the cases. Do all of them have raised bezels on all 4 sides or just top and bottom? I ask because if you drop the thing it can sometimes strike the glass 1st, before the raised sides.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Question about the cases. Do all of them have raised bezels on all 4 sides or just top and bottom? I ask because if you drop the thing it can sometimes strike the glass 1st, before the raised sides.

As long as 2 opposing sides are raised, it should be good. If it hits a small hard object on the glass first, it won't matter if all 4 sides are raised. You will need a protective layer above the glass to reduce glass damage.

YoYZ

May 30, 2014
Visit site
As long as 2 opposing sides are raised, it should be good. If it hits a small hard object on the glass first, it won't matter if all 4 sides are raised.

Yes it will dude. This is never really discussed really. I prefer my phones being fully recessed in the case so no matter how or what it hits, it ALWAYS will hit a raised edge of the case FIRST, before the screen. Imagine just the top and bottom have raised edges, if the phone falls at a different angle, the screen will take the 1st hit (in most cases). Obviously if it drops on a rock or something then there isn't crap you can do but if it lands on a brick sideways for example, the screen is getting cracked. If you have raised edges on your case and it hits sideways, it will hit the case first.

I am always an S* Active user so I abuse the ish out of my phones.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
There are 3 film-type screen protectors on that Top-10 list. I am not interested in glass protectors, so please leave that out from my replies. Thanks.

1- Spigen Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector NeoFlex / 2 Pack

2- Alinsea Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector [Not Glass]

3- Vigeer [ 2 Pack ] [Bubble-Free] [Easy Installation] [HD Clear] [Soft Film]

Any idea which one would be superior. I never used a wet one, I typically buy the 3-packs from VZW and have worked well for me but they aren't available for Note 8 yet.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes it will dude. This is never really discussed really. I prefer my phones being fully recessed in the case so no matter how or what it hits, it ALWAYS will hit a raised edge of the case FIRST, before the screen. Imagine just the top and bottom have raised edges, if the phone falls at a different angle, the screen will take the 1st hit (in most cases). Obviously if it drops on a rock or something then there isn't crap you can do but if it lands on a brick sideways for example, the screen is getting cracked. If you have raised edges on your case and it hits sideways, it will hit the case first.

I am always an S* Active user so I abuse the ish out of my phones.

Are there any cases that are fully recessed with the curved screen. If so, the curved edges would be covered and usleless, I would think.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
There are 3 film-type screen protectors on that Top-10 list. I am not interested in glass protectors, so please leave that out from my replies. Thanks.

1- Spigen Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector NeoFlex / 2 Pack

2- Alinsea Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector [Not Glass]

3- Vigeer [ 2 Pack ] [Bubble-Free] [Easy Installation] [HD Clear] [Soft Film]

Any idea which one would be superior. I never used a wet one, I typically buy the 3-packs from VZW and have worked well for me but they aren't available for Note 8 yet.
I'm going with #1 - I got a Spigen case coming, and the instructions say to put the screen protector on WITH the case on while you are doing it. It's a wet application. I just want to ensure compatibility with the case.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
people who want ultra fully incased protection for their phones lose the feel of the phone and the late-model thin/light experience. I don't blame them, some people wrap their sofas in plastic too.

I like the least amount of protection, and it has worked very well for me over the years. Includes film screen protector and not glass and ultra thin cases from VZW such as this one. Yes the phones have dropped and never any issues.
canvas.png

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
In years past I have gone with the fantasy expensive stuff. This time I decided on the cheap basic.

Both from eBay and good enough for me

[h=1]Shockproof Holster Clip Stand Rugged Cover[/h]

s-l500.jpg

[h=1]Ringke Invisible Defender Full Coverage[/h]

s-l1600.jpg

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about Diztronic? I dig their TPU cases but they have been silent on a TPU case for the Note 8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20