Best Cases & Accessories for the Note 8

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Did you try this on your Note yet and if so did it fit ok and stick well enough?

Oh yeah. It's the spigen neo flex wet application kind. Fits well. Ain't good with all cases. Like my ringke blue wave case, it peeled two top corner. Good screen protector. Just have to run accross the edges for a few to keep them down. Doesn't take long at all. This is my first time using it and I like it.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Oh yeah. It's the spigen neo flex wet application kind. Fits well. Ain't good with all cases. Like my ringke blue wave case, it peeled two top corner. Good screen protector. Just have to run accross the edges for a few to keep them down. Doesn't take long at all. This is my first time using it and I like it.

Cool, I will try it when the phone arrives, I also bought the Samsung Rugged Protective case earlier, it looks like my ideal case, damn expensive but so is the phone!
Went with the Deep Sea Blue colour so it should ship the same time as the phone.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Cool, I will try it when the phone arrives, I also bought the Samsung Rugged Protective case earlier, it looks like my ideal case, damn expensive but so is the phone!
Went with the Deep Sea Blue colour so it should ship the same time as the phone.

Awesome. Think you will like it. I'm thinking about the same case also. Let me know what you think when you get it please? You got the blue color in case or the phone?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Awesome. Think you will like it. I'm thinking about the same case also. Let me know what you think when you get it please? You got the blue color in case or the phone?

No just the case lol but to be fair, any non clear case on this phone will hide it's colour, so even if I did manage to get a blue phone, he case would cover it.
But I do like the blue case, will put some pics up as soon as it arrives, it's on pre order, just like the Note 8 lol

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
No just the case lol but to be fair, any non clear case on this phone will hide it's colour, so even if I did manage to get a blue phone, he case would cover it.
But I do like the blue case, will put some pics up as soon as it arrives, it's on pre order, just like the Note 8 lol

Oh ok. Gotcha lol. That would be awesome. Thanks.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Why are you guys not using Defender grade cases? I have a caseology legion right now until I can get my hands on the Defender or a Unicorn Beetle. I probably will get the Defender at Best Buy. Hopefully they have it soon. My local Best Buy had the Defender for the S8 Plus over two weeks before launch. I went there and they had it in the back.

I want the thinnest case possible. If these glass phones weren't so damn slick I'd go naked. I've got insurance if I drop it or break it, but I don't even know the last time I've used it. Probably been 3 years.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I am amazed that I bought five cheapo cases and not one of them fits right. are they designing these blind? too tight to get on or huge holes that will allow the corner to get damaged. so dumb. I'll donate these and buy a real case.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
the first one I put on is the one I'm using until I find my perfect case and it's a Patchworks that I paid $2 for. none of the others fit or the sharp contours don't feel good. the wave, the one I liked first, won't come close to fitting. it was bending my N8 trying to get it on.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Real world wireless charging with this case doesn't work. (Samsung Rugged Case). It tries to charge but simply disconnects and doesn't actually charge on all three of the Samsung charges I have, including the new Convertible charger.

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I already have received my case for my new phone, but it doesn't have any screen cover. And the OtterBox which protected my Note 3 for over 4 years now, the one they have for the Note 8 doesn't look like it covers the screen either.

This is the cover I ordered, but it doesn't cover the screen.

https://www.amazon.com/Encased-Hols...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5972721

Otherwise I like the belt clip better on this encased than the belt clip on my Otterbox that I have for my Note 3. It's broken three times, and Otterbox makes it so hard to use their warranty, I just stopped using the belt clip. The plastic breaks too easy. But the Otterbox case itself has protected my Note 3 from drops over 10 feet several times. This encased Note 8 case looks every bit as tough as the Otterbox at less than half the price, but I want a case that covers the screen.

Anyone found a case which totally covers the phone, including the screen?

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I got two cases today. One is a very basic hard clear plastic by Gpel, and the other was the free Ipulse leather folio case that I have to write a review for on Amazon and XDA as a condition of the freebie part. The Gpel is ok. Very good corner protection. The cutouts are all ok, the Spen is a little hard to get in and out but not so difficult I don't want to use the case. I think the case will be hard to get off! I had a Gpel screen protector on and though it lifted slightly on one side when I was trying to get the case on, it smoothed out and really has no where to go so it's fine. It still makes the screen a little less sensitive but not terribly so. My only qualm about this case other than getting on and off, which is a little hard but I have hand problems so that may be just me, is that it is just the clear plastic back, without any of the tpu insert inside to cushion shock if it fell.

The Ipulse case is nice leather and has a hard tpu or some such innner part to hold the phone in place, several card slots, and a magnetic closure. I like it a lot, my only 2 quibbles are that for some reason the volume rocker is a little hard for me to push with this case on, and the hard plastic inner part is attached to the leather at the halfway point so that when I try to fold it back to talk on the phone (some of us still do now and then) it's awkward, but not horrible. On the whole I like both cases a lot. I think both of these are pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/EverPure-Pro...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5973389
/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1504930954&sr=1-3&keywords=gpel+case+note+8

https://www.amazon.com/Leather-iPul...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5973389
View attachment 267778View attachment 267777

i have yet to receive my phone, (I pick it up on friday), so once i get it, i too will review the i-pulse leather case that i got in turn for a honest review.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Ditched my first case for an Otterbox Defender. It makes my phone feel huge but it also feels secure. I didn't want to take any chances. And I love that it doesn't come with a screen protector.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ditched my first case for an Otterbox Defender. It makes my phone feel huge but it also feels secure. I didn't want to take any chances. And I love that it doesn't come with a screen protector.

So it's true that the otterbox defender doesn't come with screen protector now? That is a good thing. Never liked how they felt on my phones. Rest of the case is good tho. Except for the bulky feeling. Well for me tho.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I ordered these two cases yesterday on eBay. One is a supcase unicorn beetle hybrid case and not sure what the other one is. Got WWW on it. Never heard of it but I like it so I'll try it out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170915-023452.jpg
    Screenshot_20170915-023452.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20170915-023434.jpg
    Screenshot_20170915-023434.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 29

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members