should I trade my v20 for the note 8?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I can get the $425 credit since I had a note 7. I love my v20... Except for the battery life. I'm honestly not fond of the curved screen and glass build on the note 8 though... But I loved my note 7 so much.

Torn on what to do?

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Bad move. Your best option would be to purchase a used iphone 5 on ebay for around $70 and send that to Samsung for the $425 credit. Then sell off your v20 on its on for $250 easy.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Why? The phone is amaziing except for battery life?

I didn't have any issues with battery life on my V20 but if that's the only reason you are considering a switch then isn't a battery life issue really mitigated by the fact that you can swap batteries and be back at 100% in less than 2 minutes?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I didn't have any issues with battery life on my V20 but if that's the only reason you are considering a switch then isn't a battery life issue really mitigated by the fact that you can swap batteries and be back at 100% in less than 2 minutes?

Ok...I had a V10... Loved it until the update which ruined battery life.

Traded it in for a note 7... ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! Well, then the recall came.

Saw the v20 was coming out in a few weeks so I though I'd grab that since I liked the V10.

Pretty much same thing as the v10... Battery life got bad after the last big update.

So....I'm wrestling what to do. Loved that note 7 (especially that s pen feature) and I love tech so it's a new toy too! ;)

LGman072

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Bad move. Your best option would be to purchase a used iphone 5 on ebay for around $70 and send that to Samsung for the $425 credit. Then sell off your v20 on its on for $250 easy.
And that would also legally constitute FRAUD. And EASILY caught by checking who had service and when on the iPhone's ESN and the v20's ESN.
Then stupid you can get arrested for it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And that would also legally constitute FRAUD. And EASILY caught by checking who had service and when on the iPhone's ESN and the v20's ESN.
Then stupid you can get arrested for it.

Huh? I don't see him suggesting anything illegal at all. He said buy a used iPhone 5 and send it to Samsung. Samsung shows the iPhone 5 as an acceptable trade in.

After that he said sell the V20 later on its own. I think you're assuming he was saying something else when.. he wasn't... So let's all calm down :).

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok...I had a V10... Loved it until the update which ruined battery life.

Traded it in for a note 7... ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! Well, then the recall came.

Saw the v20 was coming out in a few weeks so I though I'd grab that since I liked the V10.

Pretty much same thing as the v10... Battery life got bad after the last big update.

So....I'm wrestling what to do. Loved that note 7 (especially that s pen feature) and I love tech so it's a new toy too! ;)

You will never get more than $425 for the V20. It will continue to tumble in value.

Since you loved the Note 7, getting the Note 8 seems logical.

I liked the V20 as well but the main camera doesn't hold a candle to the S8+, especially with motion in the frame, so I switched. I also had the Note 7 which is why I'm getting the Note 8. Being on JoD makes this super simple for me.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I can get the $425 credit since I had a note 7. I love my v20... Except for the battery life. I'm honestly not fond of the curved screen and glass build on the note 8 though... But I loved my note 7 so much.

Torn on what to do?

They said UpTo 425 and I can guarantee you they aren't going to give you $425 trade in for V20. Based on how they rip off trade in I'm thinking you may get around $50 to $100 for your V20 when you trade in. If you want my advice instead of getting ripped off with trade ins, sell it yourself on swappa or Craigslist and use that money towards buying Note 8.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Id like to know what in the hell you thought I meant with this response? Step back from your monitor, take a deep breath, sit back down and read again what I wrote, and this time try to respond without going in with a preconceived notion of what you had in mind. Explain to me how its fraud purchasing a used iphone 5 to send in to Samsung as a trade in and then selling your owned v20 ?

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Its not UP TO. When you proceed through the checkout process its a guaranteed $425 for the listed devices. The only reason they say UP TO, is because if you send them a cracked device, blacklisted, or device that doesn't power on they will only give you $25.

LGman072

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Huh? I don't see him suggesting anything illegal at all. He said buy a used iPhone 5 and send it to Samsung. Samsung shows the iPhone 5 as an acceptable trade in.

After that he said sell the V20 later on its own. I think you're assuming he was saying something else when.. he wasn't... So let's all calm down :).
The way it was described, the $425 credit was for the phone he got to replace the Note 7 (the v20). So I fail to see how buying an iPhone on eBay for the trade is ok. But if I understood it wrong, I apologize

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The way it was described, the $425 credit was for the phone he got to replace the Note 7 (the v20). So I fail to see how buying an iPhone on eBay for the trade is ok. But if I understood it wrong, I apologize

Samsung would have no idea what exact phone people got to replace their Note 7.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
They said UpTo 425 and I can guarantee you they aren't going to give you $425 trade in for V20. Based on how they rip off trade in I'm thinking you may get around $50 to $100 for your V20 when you trade in. If you want my advice instead of getting ripped off with trade ins, sell it yourself on swappa or Craigslist and use that money towards buying Note 8.

I checked... You get $425 for the v20

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
First thing to ask yourself is is it worth the price. Like others have mentioned, wait til floor models come out and play with them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane