Anyone get Note 8 just to kill time till the real king arrives, LG V30!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
"The ultimate decision will come down to you, but only one device checks off every imaginable checklist you’d want from a smartphone, and that’s the Galaxy Note 8."

No device comes anywhere close to checking off all the boxes, especially not the Note 8. Can't agree with that guy.

The Note 8 lacks:

128 GB Storage option
Non-Glass back (want better build materials)
Flat display
Industry leading software
Proper support for updates
Proper support for security
Proper support for recent Android features (A/B updates as an example)
Acceptable privacy policies for personal use
Industry leading resource management
Dual front facing stereo speakers
Industry leading camera
Support for USB 3.0 or better
Support for USB Power Delivery Spec
Amazing audio (that is available from competition)
Lack of a Bixby button and proper facing of Assistant
OS level color management
Minimal bloatware

So if any of those 17 things are super important to you, then the Note is missing something - but those 17 things are boxes that are definitely not being checked.

On the other hand, what it does have:

A great processor
A lot of RAM
64 GB storage instead of 32, progress is progress
Great battery life
A great display
A great camera
Decent on-board headphone and BT audio
USB Type C charger with better than minimum requirement charging
Wireless Charging
S-Pen
Comes with some cool toys as free gifts

Those 11 things are going to make it one of the best devices, if not the best device available, for a whole truckload of people.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
What happened with their TVs?
Bought a new tv some 6yrs ago. Screen died after 6mths. They replaced the screen & attached motherboards - took 2 months! Repair place said it would have cost LG LESS just to have given me a new tv, because of their labour costs to repair. Bought a home theatre system a month after tv. It began malfunctioning 13 months later - unplayable. After 3 months of argument LG finally agreed to pay to have it fixed - 4 months to fix in total - took 2 attempts! Same again - would have been cheaper for LG to replace with new!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Bought a new tv some 6yrs ago. Screen died after 6mths. They replaced the screen & attached motherboards - took 2 months! Repair place said it would have cost LG LESS just to have given me a new tv, because of their labour costs to repair. Bought a home theatre system a month after tv. It began malfunctioning 13 months later - unplayable. After 3 months of argument LG finally agreed to pay to have it fixed - 4 months to fix in total - took 2 attempts! Same again - would have been cheaper for LG to replace with new!
Ouch that sucks. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

xxaarraa1983

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I have owned a Nexus 5, Nexus 5x, Nexus 6, G6, S6E, S7E, S7, Note 7, Honor8, Pixel, ifone SE...

The LG-made phones have always been my favorite. Great products from a company that is so horrible at marketing that I am surprised they are still in business (not for long).

Have the Note 8 coming on Tue/Wed, will definitely be getting the V30 as well as the Pixel XL 2. Variety is the spice of life. Stop fighting and buy them all.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
No device comes anywhere close to checking off all the boxes, especially not the Note 8. Can't agree with that guy.

I've already been using this device and this "one device" does check off the boxes... for me. And in my opinion I still believe the S-pen trumps all the extra things you mentioned for me.

With that said/written I did mention "to each his own" so on that point I do agree with you.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've already been using this device and this "one device" does check off the boxes... for me. And in my opinion I still believe the S-pen trumps all the extra things you mentioned for me.

With that said/written I did mention "to each his own" so on that point I do agree with you.
For sure and there are going to be a lot more people in your boat than there will be complaining about the note missing things . It's definitely an awesome device perhaps one of the best I've seen. My only point is that nothing is actually perfect.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
For sure and there are going to be a lot more people in your boat than there will be complaining about the note missing things . It's definitely an awesome device perhaps one of the best I've seen. My only point is that nothing is actually perfect.

Agreed. I definitely believe that there is no pefect device, but there can be a device that is perfect for someone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
MANY had bootloop issues with them or they wouldn't have been added to the lawsuit. My V20 had it, My brothers V10 had it.
That's a popular misconception but if you actually read the amendment it is one device that had a totally separate issue than a bootloop issue. If you had a device that was actually bootlooping you should contact those attorneys and have your device added to the claim.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
It's not about a perfect device it's also not about LG versus Samsung because in the end Apple wins because there's more people rocking iPhones than Samsung than anything else but Samsung is right there yes the Galaxy Note for older users and know what it's for understand the capabilities and love it for that very same reason but I'm knock on LG is they don't stand next to us that's all it is hands down. I have yet to meet someone with an LG phone

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope, not a misconception. Believe what you want, I was there and saw the topics. Denial is strong in you.

I'm just reading what you linked. According to what you linked, there was one case with a V20 and it very clearly was not a boot loop. If you have different evidence you'd like to produce instead of what you presented, then we can review that. At this time there is 100% evidence against your position and 0% in favor of it.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Annnnnd here comes the bootloop comments: "I'll never buy an LG again!" Note 7 explodes and injured people but immediately forgiven and people are okay getting the Note 8. Rant over.

I wouldn't necessarily call the V30 king, but it's going to be an amazing alterative to the Note 8. The price tag is looking much nicer (as well as the phone design, sorry Samsung, LG wins this time). The 1.6 aperture, Hi-Fi microphone for recording, Hi-Fi DAC, P-OLED display, water resistance, wireless charging, QC 3.0 (vs Samsung's 2.0), still has military grade standard, wide angle front and rear cameras... too much to name. LG has put tremendous effort in the V30, while the Note 8, still an outstanding phone, basically is a variant of the Galaxy S8.
Ha. The phone design is not better, that thing looks like the second coming of the HTC evo

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
It's not about a perfect device it's also not about LG versus Samsung because in the end Apple wins because there's more people rocking iPhones than Samsung than anything else but Samsung is right there yes the Galaxy Note for older users and know what it's for understand the capabilities and love it for that very same reason but I'm knock on LG is they don't stand next to us that's all it is hands down. I have yet to meet someone with an LG phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz