Anyone else waiting for Apple to reveal the iPhone 8 before buying the Note 8?

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I thought I was set to pre-order the Note 8, then after seeing all these sites and videos comparing the Note 8 vs the rumoured specs/features of the iPhone 8, I decided to hold off and wait for Apple to reveal the iPhone 8.

I've never owned an iPhone before, but I've worked on many iPhone devices for work, so I'm open to give them a try if the specs/features look good.
Nope, just ordered my Note8 and have no desire for the iPhone...

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Switch from apple to samsung in 2013, had most of the s series phones and notes that released. After the note 7 debacle last year tmobile waived the upgrade fee and I got the iPhone 7 plus which was a pretty decent device and my first apple phone in over 4 years, I switched back to the s8 plus and love it but I am very disappointed in the Note 8 I expected more. Iphone 8 looks promising and I am going to give it a shot... I'll most Likely come back when the s9 + is released. but I love the competitive market these days

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
If the iPhone 8 has pencil capabilities, I might consider it. But that probably won't come out until next year. I have an iPad Pro - so it would be nice to have 1 stylus that could be used on both devices. If I had 2 stylus, that could be used on either device. I think I may try using sPen on the ipad and the pencil on the Note8 or even my wacom tablet pen on either, if I am using all 3 devices at the same time.

But I am pretty excited about some of the great features on the Note 8.... I was wondering what Google would do with the Pixel 2 XL. I love my Pixel XL - but the sPen is what is I want.... if only pixel.... LOL

anon(10000748)

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I was hardcore Android only, that is until I had the s5. A missed alarm and getting stranded on a work trip caused me to switch over. Made the switch to Apple. Been with them ever since. Right now I'm rocking a dual set up an iPhone 7 plus and S7. I did buy the note 7 but it was short lived due to the recall. Some things I don't like about Samsung is the multiple different preloaded apps for messages and emails. The battery life is horrendous on my S7. The integration between features and the OS isn't what I wished it was. That being said I did enjoy the note 7 for the s pen alone. I'm on the fence about the note 8 or iPhone 8. Both are looking to be great phones. If Samsung could step up their support for Android os upgrades it'd be a sealed deal for me.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm proud to say I cancelled my Note 8 order and I'm waiting for the iPhone.
Did something materialize over the past few days that made you change your mind or do you just make rash decisions? Why would you even pre-order, then change your mind within days with no iPhone news of some miraculous feature they are including?
Just wondering. Seems odd to me that the iPhone would sway you at this point.

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
You can disable the multiple stuff. I only enabled GMAIL app and Outlook for business. I have both multiple calendars samsung/google and disabled samsung notifications even thought i use the samsung calendar widget.

anon(10000748)

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
You can disable the multiple stuff. I only enabled GMAIL app and Outlook for business. I have both multiple calendars samsung/google and disabled samsung notifications even thought i use the samsung calendar widget.
I understand that. It just took me forever to figure out which app worked best for me. Ended up going with textra for messaging, Gmail for my work email and digical for my calendar app.

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
If I am being completely honest I am really waiting for the release of the pixel 2 so that I can compare an contrast btw the Note iPhone and Pixel.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
After spending a lot of time reading through the iPhone forums in the past week (mainly threads discussing the Note 8 and iPhone 8/iOS 11) including comments in this forum, I decided to go ahead and pre-order the Note 8. :)

In Apple forums such as MacRumor and iMore, it was surprising to see many die-hard and long time iPhone users planning to skip the iPhone 8 and get the Note 8 instead. Well, I guess it's not that surprising. The Note 8 is definitely an awesome phone.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
After spending a lot of time reading through the iPhone forums in the past week (mainly threads discussing the Note 8 and iPhone 8/iOS 11) including comments in this forum, I decided to go ahead and pre-order the Note 8. :)

In Apple forums such as MacRumor and iMore, it was surprising to see many die-hard and long time iPhone users planning to skip the iPhone 8 and get the Note 8 instead. Well, I guess it's not that surprising. The Note 8 is definitely an awesome phone.

I’m one. :)

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Did something materialize over the past few days that made you change your mind or do you just make rash decisions? Why would you even pre-order, then change your mind within days with no iPhone news of some miraculous feature they are including?
Just wondering. Seems odd to me that the iPhone would sway you at this point.

LOL... Just cause he's waiting on an iPhone doesn't mean he won't change his mind again once it's announced. Smartphone people are a fickle bunch.

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
I like going to macrumors during new smartphone season (I don't go to troll, I actually have a MacBook). There's so much hand wringing and guilt about considering a non Apple device. And the moment someone actually makes the jump, they're ridiculed by the "apple elite" lol. And when 1 minor thing happens, it's right back to the iPhone (despite whatever reason they had to move platforms). It's all pretty funny. Cult of Mac indeed

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I'm a big Apple fan but I've also had note phones (and S series phones) in the past. I'm skipping the iPhone 8. I'm complaining about the price of the iPhone 8 but the note 8 beats it out on features. Something the iPhone 8 can't match.

heatdissipation

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

I’m one also. Preordered my note 8 and don’t really care what apple comes up with. I have iOS 11 now and it’s not spectacular.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan