Anyone else waiting for Apple to reveal the iPhone 8 before buying the Note 8?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
That new LTE band is also only important for folks who live in very rural areas. T-Mobile purchased it to ensure they have better nationwide coverage than Verizon, and that's the last remaining challenge. So for those of us who live anywhere near major cities, it's a non-issue as long as Band 12 LTE is supported, and that's been supported by every T-Mobile device since 2015, and the IPHONE 6s.

And finally I'd argue that BGR is one of the most biased and pathetic tech sites out there. Just read any article they have about anything that isn't an iPhone, and you'll see they're more full of it than Apple's own magical marketing department. Worse, they pretend to be neutral. Android Central's staff clearly prefer Android phones, but still have respect for the iPhone, and Android is in the site's name. The iPhone and Apple deserve a ton of respect for a lot of things. But not the crap. BGT attributes to them.

Yeah I see what you saying. And I've heard the rumors about them. I'm actually surprised they were right about Verizon shipping note8 early. I'm in rural area and have great coverage with Verizon. I don't blame T-Mobile for trying to be better. Any company should want to be. Whether they will be is another story lol.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I see what you saying. And I've heard the rumors about them. I'm in rural area and have great coverage with Verizon. I don't blame T-Mobile for trying to be better. Any company should want to be. Whether they will be is another story lol.
Well, for what it's worth, before their purchase and rollout of Band 12 /750MHz, I couldn't get coverage anywhere near where I live, in the further out suburbs of a major metro area. Since the rollout, their coverage here and most everywhere I've been in the US has been fantastic. So I am optimistic about 600MHz helping in rural areas. I switched after being with AT&T for 10 years, and I haven't looked back since. Very happy with T-Mobile.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Well, for what it's worth, before their purchase and rollout of Band 12 /750MHz, I couldn't get coverage anywhere near where I live, in the further out suburbs of a major metro area. Since the rollout, their coverage here and most everywhere I've been in the US has been fantastic. So I am optimistic about 600MHz helping in rural areas. I switched after being with AT&T for 10 years, and I haven't looked back since. Very happy with T-Mobile.

That's awesome that T-Mobile works great for you. And I hope you didn't take any part of my last post as meaning anything bad against T-Mobile. I have them a long time ago and worked out well for me. I was in the city then.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I cleaned some posts. Let's not go to ridiculous extremes over a phone.. it really isn't necessary. Being frustrated is fine but we all know what line we shouldn't cross.

Thanks.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I see what you saying. And I've heard the rumors about them. I'm actually surprised they were right about Verizon shipping note8 early. I'm in rural area and have great coverage with Verizon. I don't blame T-Mobile for trying to be better. Any company should want to be. Whether they will be is another story lol.

T-Mobile works fine where I'm at. I checked before switching from Verizon when they took away unlimited.

I watched the X event with my manager who's an Apple user. I wasn't impressed. He wasn't too much either without a FPS. He has an extra battery case on his phone AND a credit card holder on the back, so wireless charging didn't impress him.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
It failed because phone was rebooted or shut off and turned on. After that, you will need to do a pin.

I wonder if it will stop people from using it. It doesn't seem that fast and you still have to swipe up.

Actually after watching this video I'm inclined to say it did fail as it fail twice. It was only after the second fail that it asked for the pin

https://youtu.be/QbFPwWl8Gbg

Anyhow I still think it will be fairly reliable. It has to because it's the only thing on their aside from the pin.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
A little truthful humor

c8b16a9bc3135899d697ec10cb246e69.jpg

Anthony Martins Rock

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a s8 plus and so stuck on which one should I switch to
Note 8
Iphone 8 plus
IPhone X

I phone 8 plus = iPhone 7rs plus with ip rating
I phone x =what I phone 7s/8 should have been. If you don't need a bigger screen, expandable storage or use S pen and its tools or care about finger print scanning and want to spend quite a bit more money and don't mind the ios and its feature set then iPhone x is for you.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
After watching the iPhone 8 and X, it looks nice but removing the touch id button from the X completely makes me uncomfortable. Choice is a good thing.
I am sticking with the Note 8.
I didn't realize they actually removed touch Id? Not surprised but still..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc