Anyone else waiting for Apple to reveal the iPhone 8 before buying the Note 8?

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought I was set to pre-order the Note 8, then after seeing all these sites and videos comparing the Note 8 vs the rumoured specs/features of the iPhone 8, I decided to hold off and wait for Apple to reveal the iPhone 8.

I've never owned an iPhone before, but I've worked on many iPhone devices for work, so I'm open to give them a try if the specs/features look good.

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
It's going to take a huge upgrade from the current series to get me to even consider another iPhone. I came back to Android for yhe Note 7 after a brief stint with the iPhone 6 Plus and 6S Plus(for the 2nd time with apple) and I don't forsee me making the jump again. It's easy for me to toy around with the iPhone though because my wife still uses the 7 Plus so I'll at least toy around with the next model. But unless they make some serious changes to iOS I'll stick to Android.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much what gpatrick said. I left when the Note 5 came out due to battery and sd card, and figured it was as good of time as any to try the iphone again, which is what I had prior to the Note 1. Came back for the Note 7, and decided after both recalls to just stick it out with apple another year with the 7 plus. It has felt like an eternity, and after the initial oh, this is different and new wore off, I became bored. Maybe going to IOS will give you a little longer of the oh factor, but it won't for long. From what I've read, much of what apple is introducing is their version of features already in the android world. I'm sure some is going to be their own innovations but much of that iphone 8, android fans have used before. Just not in the apple ecosystem. Also like gpatrick, my wife regularly pre-orders the largest of new iphones every year, so I'm sure I'll get to try out the 8. I have missed the note since my 4, and can't wait to get out of the ios world!

Edited: for wording.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Short answer, no.

Long answer, sorta. I think there are two great phones coming in the next 6 weeks. Very hard to pull the trigger on anything without all the facts. But the deals on the note 8 are kinda awesome for those eligible.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
No, I find iOS boring and some settings annoying to deal with. I'm actually scared of what the price will be in Canada, after seeing the Note 8 price

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Short answer, no.

Long answer, sorta. I think there are two great phones coming in the next 6 weeks. Very hard to pull the trigger on anything without all the facts. But the deals on the note 8 are kinda awesome for those eligible.

This is a great time of the year for phones, isn't it? A lot of excitement about awesome devices.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm not. The whole "locked down" os is not for me. I have the 7plus and I really want to like it but there is so much I cant do.

uc4life

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Great question! I'm an iPhone user. I have an android phone zte boost max I only mess around with.So I'm familiar with Android. I currently have an iPhone 7 work phone ans 6splus as a personal phone. I left android for a 4s and never looked back, that is until Ios just began to bore me. I was all set to pre-order the note 7 and then I saw Sept 12 is the supposed iPhone event, so I decided to wait. Then this evening I went to best buy and messed around with the demo Note 8 and I was blown back...Octacore and 6 gigs the phone was fast and felt better than my iphone 7 in matte black. However as a informed consumer I would like to see what apple has to offer, but it will pale in comparison to the productivity and power use of the note because Ios has gotten so mundane! So I'm not going to wait to see if apple has a magical surprise up there sleeve.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have many Android phones so was planning to skip the Note 8 because I'll always buy the latest iPhone and Pixel. But damn Samsung tempted me to buy with offer for Note 7 owners and couldn't resist and took the bait.

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I'm curious about the iPhone and the Pixel. I'm on T-mobile so the Pixel unfortunately is out. The IPhone shines really bright for a few months but then I miss Android. LG's boring UI cancels out that one for me.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to the updated JoD I didn't have to worry about waiting. I may try the iPhone again this year. I didn't hate it last time, just dem bezels man lol

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
No. I think I've heard enough of what Apple are planning with the iPhone 8 and I'm not interested. I say this as an iPhone 7 plus user and I also have an iPad Pro, AirPods, an Apple TV and an Apple Watch. The rumoured prices of the new iPhone 8 are just ridiculous. They are charging extortionate prices for a lot of things that have been available on android for a few years. They are hyping the phone up as a revolutionary upgrade but the things they are offering are standard fare for Samsung phones. Also the iPhone 8 will be too small for me. With the new aspect ratio it will end up being smaller than my 7 plus.

I've pre-ordered the note 8 and I'll keep my iPhone 7 plus.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought I was set to pre-order the Note 8, then after seeing all these sites and videos comparing the Note 8 vs the rumoured specs/features of the iPhone 8, I decided to hold off and wait for Apple to reveal the iPhone 8.

I've never owned an iPhone before, but I've worked on many iPhone devices for work, so I'm open to give them a try if the specs/features look good.

No, I left iOS in 2011. Why change everything to switch to another OS. Plus I am a big user of the SPen. I also don't change phones that often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance