Guess I'm SOL

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
So because the wife and I didn't want to be stuck with phones we didn't want and turned our old Note 7's on, we don't get nothing for going through the Note 7 ordeal twice??!!??

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You may, what did you use for the past year in place of the Note 7's? Samsung has a list of eligible phones if you order through them, and I know Verizon has a promo for up to 50% off depending on what device you're currently using as well.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
No. From what I'm seeing the Note 4 isn't on the list.

I wasn't going to get a phone I didn't want just for the sake of getting a new phone. To me it should go off your email and if you went through the ordeal with them (as I did twice) not the phone you have. None of the phones appealed to me so I stuck with my Note 4 till the 8 was coming out.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I wasn't going to get a phone I didn't want just for the sake of getting a new phone. To me it should go off your email and if you went through the ordeal with them (as I did twice) not the phone you have. None of the phones appealed to me so I stuck with my Note 4 till the 8 was coming out.

Agreed. If they wanted to throw a bone to all previous Note7 owners, they should have just gave out a flat discount to all. Simple. Everyone wins.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I did the same. Stuck it out with my Note 4 and didn't get the discount. I'm not all that surprised....

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Pick your poison.

My wife opted to exchange for the S7E, which she didn't want. Now to get the half off deal, we have to pay off a phone she didn't want in the first place but was pressured into. Her Note 3 was failing, so she needed something and couldn't really hold out much longer.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Well you could buy a cheap unlocked iPhone 6 for probably less than $100 then use that as the trade in

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what carrier you have but the Note 4 is worth a $240 trade in towards the Note 8 at Verizon.

Sucks that Samsung won't take it.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I did the same. Stuck it out with my Note 4 and didn't get the discount. I'm not all that surprised....
That's not fair, would of been better just to offer N7 users a flat discount,
Also means by me trading I loose a good backup phone.
There discount isn't as exciting as first though.
My phone is worth about $360 on swappa and Samsung is giving me $425 for that it would be better for backup

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You may, what did you use for the past year in place of the Note 7's? Samsung has a list of eligible phones if you order through them, and I know Verizon has a promo for up to 50% off depending on what device you're currently using as well.

True, but your current phone has to be paid off...they won't apply the discount to your current phone. ACK!!!

hacker79

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I think the $425 offer is less about doing what's right for the old note 7 owners, and more about turning those people who bought another exensive phone after turning in their note 7 back into Note 8 customers when they likely wouldn't be otherwise.