10-28-2017 02:18 AM
153 123 ...
tools
    How are you guys deciding on a case? It's not even delivered yet. I've preordered my phone and I want to have a case ready when it gets here.
    I want a case that keeps it safe (as can be) but allows use of the edges. But, I don't want a case that makes it bulky. I'd like the kickstand.
    Spigen, it seems, would be the best bet. But I don't want a black case.
    I'm thinking this will be my first phone that has a dress case and a casual case. And times when it just wants to be buck naked.
    Totally high maintenance cell phone.
    Just wondered how you're deciding on a case before the phone even gets in our hands.
    08-26-2017 06:12 PM
    In general...

I like my Spigen Tough Armor, have a cheap Patchworks ITG that's not bad for money. Also have RhinoShield CrashGuard for going light... Have probably 20 cases and mentioned above are some of my favorites. For naked I keep a SlickWraps Natural wood back skin on. Looks good and makes me less leery of breaking glass. Speck Presidio and Presidio Grip are excellent cases too.

As much as many despise protectors I highly recommend the Bodyguardz Arc from ATT as it comes with alignment tray. Works with all the cases I have and of many I have tried has excellent fitment and minimal dot matrix.

Edit: I'm a tard. Thought this was S8 section. Apologies doh
    08-26-2017 06:31 PM
    I ordered this case because it met what I needed.
    But my question is still the same.
    What are you looking for in a case?
    Deciding on a case-51cvbxfhfwl._sl1000_.jpg
    08-26-2017 06:34 PM
    I am going for the Spigen 'Thin Fit' in Black for my Midnight Black Note8
    verks, jordans0nly and Gray Area like this.
    08-26-2017 06:36 PM
    Have already ordered the Spigen with kick stand
    08-26-2017 06:39 PM
    I know what brands I like: Ringke, Caseology, VRS, and Spiegen. I have never gotten one of these brands and disliked the product. I use those for work. They're ok for the courtroom (look sleek and professional) and protect well. The lil cheapo ones are for weekends. They cost between 1.25 and 4.98, so no big deal if they dont work for me. I've lost $10 max.
    Gray Area likes this.
    08-26-2017 06:45 PM
    I ordered a Ringke Clear case as the first case. Should have it Monday. My phone will be black but heres the case.
    Serkle K and Gray Area like this.
    08-26-2017 07:01 PM
    I ordered the Ringke Blue Wave. Even though the phone is black, it's going to be blue!
    amyf27 likes this.
    08-26-2017 07:21 PM
    There's a basic clip on case in the box so you could look around AFTER you get your note and just make do for a while
    08-26-2017 07:26 PM
    There's a basic clip on case in the box so you could look around AFTER you get your note and just make do for a while
    ?? Never had a phone that came with any sort of case
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-26-2017 07:32 PM
    isn't the case only included in Korea?
    08-26-2017 08:50 PM
    I just am sticking with the same idea. I like clear, so I am getting another clear one, and I just want the shell type form that covers the back and wraps a little into the front. I am getting a softer one this time around. I prefer to be able to see the full phone front when I like the color. Currently I do, just like I did before. Just a personal preference. So I saw the soft clear one on Best Buy's site and ordered it. It is on the same order of what I planned. I have a hard case on the S7E so this is the same idea in a softer form.
    08-26-2017 09:12 PM
    I'll probably get at least the Spigen rugged armor. I've had these on my last couple of phones. I saw some deals for $2 and $4. But, they all looked cheap with huge bumpers or thick buttons. I'm all for deals. But, I need to at least like the design.
    08-26-2017 09:27 PM
    Here's my watch list for now.
    mustang8918 likes this.
    08-26-2017 09:29 PM
    Otterbox Defender. Bulky, but they have saved me in the past.
    amyf27 likes this.
    08-26-2017 11:53 PM
    Most of us have pre determined favorite brands. I love spigen. Some love ringke, or otterbox, or AUG, or Rhinoshield..

most of us just look for a basic case to protect the first few weeks or until our favorite brand gets their crap together and puts out cases for our phone =)
    Katrina White1 and dlgus like this.
    08-27-2017 12:20 AM
    Most of us have pre determined favorite brands. I love spigen. Some love ringke, or otterbox, or AUG, or Rhinoshield..

most of us just look for a basic case to protect the first few weeks or until our favorite brand gets their crap together and puts out cases for our phone =)
    What favorite brands don't have Note 8 cases available right now? I ordered Spigen Neo Hybrid yesterday from Amazon and I will have it on Monday.

That said, I probably will buy 2 or 3 cases over the next two months to find one I like best.
    08-27-2017 01:22 AM

What I did. I ordered the Caseology Legion case until I can get the Defender. I did it for the S8 Plus and it's actually a nice case with decent protection and doesn't cost much. Supposed to arrive today. Debating maybe this time not going with the Defender right away due to the price and get the Unicorn beetle or i-Blason Armorbox. I hope Sams gets the Defender soon. Amazon charges full MSRP on Otterbox at release but Sams has really good prices on the Defender.

https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Caseol...cUvbUpU5940807
    08-27-2017 01:41 AM
    I haven't ordered anything yet as I'm undecided. I want to ordered for amazon as I have a gift voucher. Ideally I'd want a clear case probably spigen but because of how fragile the phone is and the fact that you can't get a glass screen protector for it I think I need more protection. In thinking a wallet style case but I haven't seen any decent ones yet. I'm getting the gold note 8 so I want to show it off lol however a wallet case won't allow me to do that.

I'll probably just get a couple and later on get the s-view or led cover.
    08-27-2017 02:10 AM
    Has any Sview or led flip case been announced for the note 8 yet?
    08-29-2017 01:36 PM
    Has any Sview or led flip case been announced for the note 8 yet?
    yes. Samsung Shop Note8 Accessories - Mobile Accessories | Samsung US

LED Wallet Galaxy Note8 LED Wallet Cover, Black Mobile Accessories - EF-NN950PBEGUS | Samsung US

S View Galaxy Note8 S-View Flip Cover, Black Mobile Accessories - EF-ZN950CBEGUS | Samsung US

I've also seen them listed on Amazon at the same prices.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    08-29-2017 01:43 PM
    08-29-2017 01:47 PM
    Spigen Thin Fit in Black for me as well for my Black device. I hate bulky cases but I do want a little bit of protection which I find this provides. I had 3-4 cases for my Note 7 and this Thin Fit was the best by far.
    08-29-2017 02:10 PM
    I have the Tough Armor case in hand and like it even if I don't have the phone yet. I may get the Seidio Surface when It becomes available. I like the dual layer redesign they did. (I think the Surface has a more robust kickstand)

Cheers,
    BR
    08-29-2017 02:53 PM
    i really like the speck cases w the grip. they changed the grip pattern last year and the cases look great.

i had one for my note7 and now my s8plus, the solid black looks awesome on a black phone. that is what i will get for the note8
    Norg likes this.
    08-29-2017 02:58 PM
153 123 ...