A video that makes a lot of sense

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I stop watching once all these YouTubers start repeating the same and only downside: price. There's a reason why. They ignore that reason. I guess if that's all you're looking at, then don't even be I this section for the Note 8.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Not interested. I'm not eligible for the note 8 trade in offer but even so I'm not interested in the S8+. I want the note 8 and that's the phone I've bought.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Price isn't the only downside. This guy listed all the good stuff, he didn't trash talk the note 8. He presented a very open minded opinion. For a lot of people on the fence this could be very informative for them. For the ones that want to buy the new phone all the time, then proceed with your purchase.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
There is a reason why... it’s because Samsung or any other manufacturer thinks they can push as high as they can until they find out otherwise.

So to tell people not to frequent the board if they have a problem with price is ridiculous.

I actually consider us in the U.S. lucky we can argue about the $950 or $1000 price tag. They price it at that for us because they KNOW not to mess with us and try pushing over $1000.

How do I know this? While you can buy a Note 8 for $930 here in US... how much is the same phone in Canada?? 1299 canadian! That comes to $1049 US dollars.

God bless America lol. I’d hate to be thinking of buying a Note 8 in other countries. But it’s because of discussion like this that help.

I stop watching once all these YouTubers start repeating the same and only downside: price. There's a reason why. They ignore that reason. I guess if that's all you're looking at, then don't even be I this section for the Note 8.

Last edited:

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Don't like the price? Don't buy it. As simple as that. We seem to have more complainers in this group than anything. People going to **** their pants when iPhone 8 comes out higher than the note 8.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Lol yelp. That goes for some people in this forum too.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There is a reason why... it’s because Samsung or any other manufacturer thinks they can push as high as they can until they find out otherwise.

So to tell people not to frequent the board if they have a problem with price is ridiculous.

I actually consider us on US lucky we can argue about the $950 or $1000 price tag. They price it at that for us because they KNOW not to mess with us and try pushing over $1000.

How do I know this? While you can buy a Note 8 for $930 here in US... how much is the same phone in Canada?? 1299 canadian! That comes to $1049 US dollars.

God bless America lol. I’d hate to be thinking of buying a Note 8 in other countries. But it’s because of discussion like this that help.

No really. If you're note a Note person, have no plans you get one, negative all the time, then my suggestion is to seriously go to the section and phone you love.

If ALL you can say is price too high, then there isn't a discussion.

There's so much going for the Note 8.
6gb ram
Spen.
Slightly larger display.
Dual camera.
IOS on both cameras.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: And then there's this guy.

For every reviewer that's fawning over the latest device, there's just as many telling you why you shouldn't buy it or what's wrong with it.

Ignore the noise and buy what suits you.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: And then there's this guy.

Honestly, if I didn't want the Spen there really isn't a reason to upgrade from the S8 Plus. There isn't that much of a difference between the two devices.

I wonder if the S9 will get the 6GB ram? For us who just bought the S8 Plus and now buying the Note 8 there really isn't any reason we will have to purchase the S9 now since we got a large screen. We can wait until the Note 9!

I love the Spen though! Other than that I think you're wasting your money if you have an S8 Plus already and don't have much use for the Spen.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Don't like the price? Don't buy it. As simple as that. We seem to have more complainers in this group than anything. People going to **** their pants when iPhone 8 comes out higher than the note 8.

Yea, and the iPhone 8 still won't even be good as the S8 IMO yet will cost tons more!

The Spen is the main reason I'm buying the Note 8. If I didn't care about the Spen I wouldn't even bother buying the Note 8 since I have the S8 Plus already. There isn't a big upgrade over the s8 Plus unless you need the Spen. Especially with the good deals on the S8 Plus right now. If you're looking for a new phone and don't care about the Spen it would be foolish not to get the s8 with the deals right now.

Since the Note 8 is 6GB ram and dual camera I won't need to blow more money on the S9 Plus since it will likely be dual camera and 6gb ram and will basically be like the Note 8.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
No really. If you're note a Note person, have no plans you get one, negative all the time, then my suggestion is to seriously go to the section and phone you love.

These sections aren't just for people who are crazy in love with devices. They're for everyone, those critical of the devices (but not trolling) and those who absolutely love them.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yea, and the iPhone 8 still won't even be good as the S8 IMO yet will cost tons more!

The Spen is the main reason I'm buying the Note 8. If I didn't care about the Spen I wouldn't even bother buying the Note 8 since I have the S8 Plus already. There isn't a big upgrade over the s8 Plus unless you need the Spen. Especially with the good deals on the S8 Plus right now. If you're looking for a new phone and don't care about the Spen it would be foolish not to get the s8 with the deals right now.

Since the Note 8 is 6GB ram and dual camera I won't need to blow more money on the S9 Plus since it will likely be dual camera and 6gb ram and will basically be like the Note 8.

I hear ya. I love the spen. I guess since I'm a note junkie, Samsung never let me down on the note series really. Well except for the note7 but I can forgive once for that. Basically does what I need it to do. I understand if it might be to much for people but it seems like now days people find anything to knock the phone for. And that is with any phone out there. This case is the price. Lord knows how many topic we got about it lol. I haven't had an s series since s6 edge plus and dont like it. S8+ looks nice tho

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I usually find the guy from Unbox Therapy quite grating, but he actually has a sensible video here. The S8 and S8+ offer so much more for so much less, and that''s what the average person wants--more bang for their buck.

The hype beast is real right now, but you really need to be sensible when purchasing a device. Is the $300 increase in price between the Note 8 and S8+ worth it just for the S pen and a secondary lens you probably won't use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy