08-29-2017 08:34 AM
99 123 ...
tools
    I keep looking at the note 8 after the Samsung offer, seen this video and it makes a lot of sense. Without the Samsung offer for the note 7 users I wouldn't even be looking, but if you don't have access to that offer, this video gives you something to think about.

anon(5630457) likes this.
    08-27-2017 11:25 AM
    I stop watching once all these YouTubers start repeating the same and only downside: price. There's a reason why. They ignore that reason. I guess if that's all you're looking at, then don't even be I this section for the Note 8.
    08-27-2017 11:40 AM
    Not interested. I'm not eligible for the note 8 trade in offer but even so I'm not interested in the S8+. I want the note 8 and that's the phone I've bought.
    08-27-2017 11:50 AM
    08-27-2017 12:09 PM
    Price isn't the only downside. This guy listed all the good stuff, he didn't trash talk the note 8. He presented a very open minded opinion. For a lot of people on the fence this could be very informative for them. For the ones that want to buy the new phone all the time, then proceed with your purchase.
    Amele and 11B1P like this.
    08-27-2017 12:13 PM
    There is a reason why... it’s because Samsung or any other manufacturer thinks they can push as high as they can until they find out otherwise.

So to tell people not to frequent the board if they have a problem with price is ridiculous.

I actually consider us in the U.S. lucky we can argue about the $950 or $1000 price tag. They price it at that for us because they KNOW not to mess with us and try pushing over $1000.

How do I know this? While you can buy a Note 8 for $930 here in US... how much is the same phone in Canada?? 1299 canadian! That comes to $1049 US dollars.

God bless America lol. I’d hate to be thinking of buying a Note 8 in other countries. But it’s because of discussion like this that help.

I stop watching once all these YouTubers start repeating the same and only downside: price. There's a reason why. They ignore that reason. I guess if that's all you're looking at, then don't even be I this section for the Note 8.
    anon(5630457) and notefreak like this.
    08-27-2017 12:14 PM
    Don't like the price? Don't buy it. As simple as that. We seem to have more complainers in this group than anything. People going to **** their pants when iPhone 8 comes out higher than the note 8.
    08-27-2017 12:22 PM
    Lol yelp. That goes for some people in this forum too.
    08-27-2017 12:23 PM
    He is just annoying
    08-27-2017 12:26 PM
    There is a reason why... it’s because Samsung or any other manufacturer thinks they can push as high as they can until they find out otherwise.

So to tell people not to frequent the board if they have a problem with price is ridiculous.

I actually consider us on US lucky we can argue about the $950 or $1000 price tag. They price it at that for us because they KNOW not to mess with us and try pushing over $1000.

How do I know this? While you can buy a Note 8 for $930 here in US... how much is the same phone in Canada?? 1299 canadian! That comes to $1049 US dollars.

God bless America lol. I’d hate to be thinking of buying a Note 8 in other countries. But it’s because of discussion like this that help.
    No really. If you're note a Note person, have no plans you get one, negative all the time, then my suggestion is to seriously go to the section and phone you love.

If ALL you can say is price too high, then there isn't a discussion.

There's so much going for the Note 8.
    6gb ram
    Spen.
    Slightly larger display.
    Dual camera.
    IOS on both cameras.
    08-27-2017 12:26 PM
    For every reviewer that's fawning over the latest device, there's just as many telling you why you shouldn't buy it or what's wrong with it.

Ignore the noise and buy what suits you.
    08-27-2017 12:29 PM
    And this guy:
    08-27-2017 12:30 PM
    And this guy:
    What about this guy? I don't click on empty links. Please explain some more.
    08-27-2017 12:33 PM
    What about it?
    08-27-2017 12:33 PM
    Honestly, if I didn't want the Spen there really isn't a reason to upgrade from the S8 Plus. There isn't that much of a difference between the two devices.

I wonder if the S9 will get the 6GB ram? For us who just bought the S8 Plus and now buying the Note 8 there really isn't any reason we will have to purchase the S9 now since we got a large screen. We can wait until the Note 9!

I love the Spen though! Other than that I think you're wasting your money if you have an S8 Plus already and don't have much use for the Spen.
    Cary Quinn and Gray Area like this.
    08-27-2017 12:37 PM
    Don't like the price? Don't buy it. As simple as that. We seem to have more complainers in this group than anything. People going to **** their pants when iPhone 8 comes out higher than the note 8.
    Yea, and the iPhone 8 still won't even be good as the S8 IMO yet will cost tons more!

The Spen is the main reason I'm buying the Note 8. If I didn't care about the Spen I wouldn't even bother buying the Note 8 since I have the S8 Plus already. There isn't a big upgrade over the s8 Plus unless you need the Spen. Especially with the good deals on the S8 Plus right now. If you're looking for a new phone and don't care about the Spen it would be foolish not to get the s8 with the deals right now.

Since the Note 8 is 6GB ram and dual camera I won't need to blow more money on the S9 Plus since it will likely be dual camera and 6gb ram and will basically be like the Note 8.
    08-27-2017 12:40 PM
    What about this guy? I don't click on empty links. Please explain some more.
    It's a youtube video, not an empty link.
    08-27-2017 12:43 PM
    No really. If you're note a Note person, have no plans you get one, negative all the time, then my suggestion is to seriously go to the section and phone you love.
    These sections aren't just for people who are crazy in love with devices. They're for everyone, those critical of the devices (but not trolling) and those who absolutely love them.
    donm527 likes this.
    08-27-2017 12:50 PM
    Yea, and the iPhone 8 still won't even be good as the S8 IMO yet will cost tons more!

The Spen is the main reason I'm buying the Note 8. If I didn't care about the Spen I wouldn't even bother buying the Note 8 since I have the S8 Plus already. There isn't a big upgrade over the s8 Plus unless you need the Spen. Especially with the good deals on the S8 Plus right now. If you're looking for a new phone and don't care about the Spen it would be foolish not to get the s8 with the deals right now.

Since the Note 8 is 6GB ram and dual camera I won't need to blow more money on the S9 Plus since it will likely be dual camera and 6gb ram and will basically be like the Note 8.
    I hear ya. I love the spen. I guess since I'm a note junkie, Samsung never let me down on the note series really. Well except for the note7 but I can forgive once for that. Basically does what I need it to do. I understand if it might be to much for people but it seems like now days people find anything to knock the phone for. And that is with any phone out there. This case is the price. Lord knows how many topic we got about it lol. I haven't had an s series since s6 edge plus and dont like it. S8+ looks nice tho
    08-27-2017 12:51 PM
    I usually find the guy from Unbox Therapy quite grating, but he actually has a sensible video here. The S8 and S8+ offer so much more for so much less, and that''s what the average person wants--more bang for their buck.

The hype beast is real right now, but you really need to be sensible when purchasing a device. Is the $300 increase in price between the Note 8 and S8+ worth it just for the S pen and a secondary lens you probably won't use?
    08-27-2017 12:52 PM
    Ignore the noise and buy what suits you.
    Not sure what you referring to about "noise."

But as you mention there's plenty of reviewers giving praise to the Note 8 and glossing over or not putting more attention at the price. Don't get me wrong.. Samsung has accomplish an amazing feat with the Note 8, but there's so many phones to choose from.

Granted, there's not too many phones.. perhaps hardly none at all that has legitimate stylus support. It gives Samsung that justification to put a premium on it, but these reviewers help potential buyers make a smart decision instead of jumping head in.
    08-27-2017 12:53 PM

If ALL you can say is price too high, then there isn't a discussion.

There's so much going for the Note 8.
    6gb ram
    Spen.
    Slightly larger display.
    Dual camera.
    IOS on both cameras.
    You said exactly what the video says, if you don't need those few extras, is it worth the extra cost. Some of you are taking this way to serious. People come to this forum for ideas, research, reviews. For some on the fence, maybe seeing the differences in this video will help them make a decision. It's by no means telling you not to buy the note 8, in fact he says if these features are important to you, then buy it.

I posted this just for some to see the differences, not to persuade you not to buy it, or it's too expensive, as that's not the only reason he said was not to buy it.

The question for people to answer for themselves is, are the differences worth the extra cost? That's a question only you can answer.
    11B1P likes this.
    08-27-2017 12:55 PM
    I usually find the guy from Unbox Therapy quite grating, but he actually has a sensible video here. The S8 and S8+ offer so much more for so much less, and that''s what the average person wants--more bang for their buck.

The hype beast is real right now, but you really need to be sensible when purchasing a device. Is the $300 increase in price between the Note 8 and S8+ worth it just for the S pen and a secondary lens you probably won't use?
    Thank you, that's why I posted this video. I thought it was sensible, not beating down the note 8. It's just putting out there are the few differences and smaller battery worth the extra cost. If it is to you then great, I still haven't decided. With the Samsung offer for note 7 users, I'm on the fence.
    11B1P likes this.
    08-27-2017 01:00 PM
    You said exactly what the video says, if you don't need those few extras, is it worth the extra cost. Some of you are taking this way to serious. People come to this forum for ideas, research, reviews. For some on the fence, maybe seeing the differences in this video will help them make a decision. It's by no means telling you not to buy the note 8, in fact he says if these features are important to you, then buy it.

I posted this just for some to see the differences, not to persuade you not to buy it, or it's too expensive, as that's not the only reason he said was not to buy it.

The question for people to answer for themselves is, are the differences worth the extra cost? That's a question only you can answer.
    Where's your opposing video? The positive one? You posted a negative video of the Note 8.
    08-27-2017 01:01 PM
    It's a youtube video, not an empty link.
    Without a note, it's an empty link.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-27-2017 01:02 PM
99 123 ...