Hey folks, I'm in a dilemma and was wondering what my fellow N7 people were planning to do since I'm sure some of you have done much more research.

I was forced into the Google Pixel XL after my N7 failed me. I loved the N7 phone so much and I'm 100% getting the N8 even though I enjoy the Pixel. So what's the best route?

I did the original N7 BOGO at launch. So currently I have an S7 paid off and My Pixel XL at about 50% paid off.

Are there any other scenarios that I can save with?

1. Samsung Offer - 425 off and trade in S7 would leave my N8 cost at around 500

2. Costco Offer - 50% off cost of N8 trading in S7 and 150$ costco card and TYLT Power Pack - N8 cost should be a bit under 500$

Do those sound about right for final cost? I'm thinking the Costco deal is the best, right?

Ideally, I would love another BOGO. Do you guys think there will be a new BOGO on launch day? I guess I'm in no hurry to preorder but would hate to miss on the 50% off deal currently going on...

Thank for any tips!
    08-27-2017 02:58 PM
    I went with Best Buy, they gave me 150 off the phone, and when I trade in my S7E they will give me a $480 bill credit, making my monthly payments $12.75. That is the best deal I've seen so far. And I hope I can make extra payments so next year when the Note 9 comes out I can trade up for it.
    08-29-2017 05:29 AM
    Let's not forget to mention your commitmened to a two year contract now ^^^^
    08-29-2017 09:21 AM
    I went with Best Buy, they gave me 150 off the phone, and when I trade in my S7E they will give me a $480 bill credit, making my monthly payments $12.75. That is the best deal I've seen so far. And I hope I can make extra payments so next year when the Note 9 comes out I can trade up for it.
    Great point, you're right I believe the best buy deal is better since you get the 150 immediately. The Costco card I would have to wait. I think I will go with best buy as well. I wonder if I would be able to keep my extra data from Costco though from my previously purchased N7 and S7? Costco gives an extra 4GB of data (2GB per phone) when you go through them.
    08-29-2017 09:35 AM
    Why would you be in a two year contract? Are you saying you would be in a contract goign through best buy? I think it's technically until you pay the phone off. So it could be two years but I could also pay the phone off immediately and not be under any contract....or is there other fine print with the best buy deal?
    08-29-2017 09:37 AM
    I just cancelled my preorder with Verizon and going with Bestbuy for the $150 extra. Thanks. I don't care for Bestbuy but I like $150 extra.
    08-29-2017 12:57 PM
    Why would you be in a two year contract? Are you saying you would be in a contract goign through best buy? I think it's technically until you pay the phone off. So it could be two years but I could also pay the phone off immediately and not be under any contract....or is there other fine print with the best buy deal?
    Because that's what the promo fine print states! If you pay off the phone or port out ahead of two years, your balance is based on the FULL RETAIL PRICE rather than the promo price of credits.
    08-29-2017 01:10 PM
    I have learned with larger purchases to read the print, it's just to easy to hit the accept tab then question things latter
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-29-2017 01:15 PM
    Your bill credit is $20 for 24 months. If you want to pay off the phone to use DPP again on that line, you'll lose the bill credits.
    08-29-2017 02:00 PM
    Your bill credit is $20 for 24 months. If you want to pay off the phone to use DPP again on that line, you'll lose the bill credits.
    Ohh gotcha!! So the 50% that they are going to give you is spread out over the 24 months. So if you pay off before 24 months you don't actually get the 50% and would have to pay off a balance much greater than 50%. Great point...
    08-29-2017 05:27 PM
    So to clarify the two options..

1. Best buy - Get the Note 8 with 150$ right off the top and then through verizon finance the remaining amount while getting a 20$ a month credit each month. Working out to around 12.50$ bill increase but you must finance the entire 24 months to maximize the deal. Also in this scenario I trade in my S7.

2. Samsung - Trade in S7 or Buy an Iphone 5 and recieve a 425$ credit immediately. Pay 525$ up front or finance through private financing...

I think that about sums it up, right?
    08-29-2017 05:37 PM
    As much as you can trust Verizon Chat person. I asked point blank that if I paid off the device would I still get the credit. He indicated that as long as I wait 1 year afterword and pay it off, I would continue to get the credit for the 2nd year.
    08-29-2017 09:14 PM
    Take that with a grain of sand ^^^
    08-29-2017 09:49 PM
    I have a verizon preorder but seriously tempted to buy direct from Samsung and just trade my phone for the 300 off ,instantly and just pay it off not mention they are shipping the gift with phone
    08-29-2017 10:14 PM
    As much as you can trust Verizon Chat person. I asked point blank that if I paid off the device would I still get the credit. He indicated that as long as I wait 1 year afterword and pay it off, I would continue to get the credit for the 2nd year.
    I just got off the verizon chat and was told directly you will only get the credit as long as you are on the device payment plan. So to maximize you must stay on the plan for 24 months. Also, this is directly fromt he verizon site.

"$960 device payment purchase req’d. Less up to $480 trade-in/promo credit applied over 24 months; promo credit ends when balance is paid or line terminated; 0% APR. Fully paid-off eligible trade-in must be in good working and cosmetic condition.
    Memory card and Fast Charge Wireless Charging Convertible valued at $189.98, Gear 360 at $229.99. Redeem on Shop Samsung app or at Samsung.com/us/promotions by 10.14.17. Accessories ship 6-8 weeks after valid submission."
    08-30-2017 11:07 AM
    I have a verizon preorder but seriously tempted to buy direct from Samsung and just trade my phone for the 300 off ,instantly and just pay it off not mention they are shipping the gift with phone
    Ya I can't decide lol....If I go the Samsung route I will miss out on around 200$ in savings off the phone...
    08-30-2017 11:08 AM
    No you are not. You are free to pay off the full cost of the phone at anytime. Verizon is offering customers a great incentive to stay on Verizon for two years. I have no problem with the deal. Buy your phones for cash if you prefer.
    08-30-2017 12:01 PM
    No you are not. You are free to pay off the full cost of the phone at anytime. Verizon is offering customers a great incentive to stay on Verizon for two years. I have no problem with the deal. Buy your phones for cash if you prefer.
    It is *A* contract. If you break it, you lose money. I'd rather take the Verizon deal for simplicity, but I see myself getting the Note 9 when it's released. I may go the Samsung route.

I don't feel like going to through the hassle of juggling financed phones just to save a bit more. I'm not pleased I'll lose a few bands, but I may bail on Verizon altogether as my signal isn't very good at my new house.
    08-30-2017 02:58 PM
    It is *A* contract. If you break it, you lose money. I'd rather take the Verizon deal for simplicity, but I see myself getting the Note 9 when it's released. I may go the Samsung route.

I don't feel like going to through the hassle of juggling financed phones just to save a bit more. I'm not pleased I'll lose a few bands, but I may bail on Verizon altogether as my signal isn't very good at my new house.
    Sure the bill credit option is a phone purchase contract, like any other financing deal. Anytime you buy something on payments you sign a contact.

As I am not eligible for the Samsung deal, the Verizon deal works for me. I get a great deal on the phone. I stay on Verizon. If I planned to leave Verizon the deal is works out the same as if I bought the phone outright. I have two good options to buy the phone. Purchase at full price for a little over $1K, or buy a Verizon phone through BestBuy and get two discounts.

If I decide to leave Verizon early my cost is the same. As I have no plans on leaving Verizon, the monthly bill credit is a great deal.

The Verizon monthly credit has been a standard way of getting discounts at Verizon for awhile. Works fine for me.
    08-30-2017 04:11 PM
    Sure the bill credit option is a phone purchase contract, like any other financing deal. Anytime you buy something on payments you sign a contact.

As I am not eligible for the Samsung deal, the Verizon deal works for me. I get a great deal on the phone. I stay on Verizon. If I planned to leave Verizon the deal is works out the same as if I bought the phone outright. I have two good options to buy the phone. Purchase at full price for a little over $1K, or buy a Verizon phone through BestBuy and get two discounts.

If I decide to leave Verizon early my cost is the same. As I have no plans on leaving Verizon, the monthly bill credit is a great deal.

The Verizon monthly credit has been a standard way of getting discounts at Verizon for awhile. Works fine for me.
    Excellent it works out for you that way. Some of us have the Samsung option or the Verizon option which is the dilemma of this initial post. I agree it's a great deal if you plan on staying with Verizon. I personally like to pay things off early, which I wouldn't be able to do going the Verizon route.
    08-31-2017 09:36 AM

If you leave VZ early, your pay off of the balance is based on the FULL RETAIL PRICE rather than the 50% discount offer price. So, your cost of porting away early or paying the phone off early is much different than sticking with the monthly payments and credits FOR THE FULL TWO YEARS.
    08-31-2017 12:45 PM
    I just cancelled my preorder with Verizon and going with Bestbuy for the $150 extra. Thanks. I don't care for Bestbuy but I like $150 extra.
    Did you get the taxes refunded?
    09-01-2017 09:44 AM
    Did you get the taxes refunded?
    Normally they refund everything when canceling.
    09-01-2017 09:45 AM