09-16-2017 04:23 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    No likely, no buyee.
    08-31-2017 01:19 AM
    No likey, no buyee! I'm guessing it might cost a bit more to build your own phone and battery factories. But what's a few million?
    08-31-2017 01:22 AM
    Bottom line I don't care how much technology is in the phone I too expect for a $1000 a battery to last all day and the s8+ is nearly 8months old. Even the new j7 will have the exact same camera as the note so we are paying a fortune for the pen.
    Did I miss the memo that said $1k phones require a battery to last all day? Im sure it will last all day depending on what you do with it but probably not if you are a heavy all day user....just like about every other smartphone it there. It's all relative.

By the way, the GS8+ isn't nearly anywhere 8 months old. It's barely 4 months since release.
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    08-31-2017 11:24 AM
    In my opinion I think the battery life should only be a big concern if you plan on keeping the note 8 longer than 1 year. If you plan on doing like many of us who are part of the most enthusiastic in the cell phone tech club and upgrade your phone at least once a year or more then the battery should be fine. It should last at least a year before the battery degrades to the point where it won't hold a charge for a full day. If you plan on keeping the phone for longer than a year then you should seriously consider looking at other phones that have better battery life possibly starting with the s8 plus and s8 active.
    08-31-2017 12:49 PM
    I believe Samsung claim this newer battery only loses 5%of its charge over 2 years. I'm just hoping the battery sot will at least equal my S7 edge
    08-31-2017 01:11 PM
    Hey guys,

FWIW, I came from a Note7 to the S7e and absolutely hated the S7e battery life from day 1. I am not a 'power user', just and average guy to texts a lot, checks email and forums a lot. I can tell you that so far the Note 8 blows away the battery life of the S7e. I was really concerned about this like everyone else but so far have been more than happy.

Steve
    09-13-2017 11:12 PM
    Well in debating even getting the Note 8 bc of battery life. My iPhone easily gets me through a day. By easily I mean when I get home at 5pm with being off the charger for 11-12 hours that the phone at between 50-70%. I expect a top of the live flagship to easily get through a day. That's part of the price you pay for the phone is the engineering to go into cramming a large battery into a tight space.
    09-14-2017 11:12 PM
    don't buy note 8. It has poor battery life.
    09-14-2017 11:14 PM
    Between 7a-4p I'm using mine to listen to podcasts/music for appx 3 hr's...a few phone calls lasting up to a total of an hr...checking out a few things online, less then a half hr...Maybe some YouTube for a half hr and by them I'm down to less then 30% and will throw it on the charger for about 45 min and I'm good for the rest of the night.
    09-14-2017 11:46 PM
    don't buy note 8. It has poor battery life.
    Says the guy who doesn't have one
    wdfrancis58 likes this.
    09-15-2017 12:03 AM
    Had my note 8 for a little over a week and it's gotten me through every day just fine. Over 6 hours of screen time when I was on it a lot the first couple of days, but with my regular usage of about 3.5 hours of screen on time and 18 hours off the charger I'm ending the day with over 30% battery left
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    09-15-2017 12:06 AM
    Well in debating even getting the Note 8 bc of battery life. My iPhone easily gets me through a day. By easily I mean when I get home at 5pm with being off the charger for 11-12 hours that the phone at between 50-70%. I expect a top of the live flagship to easily get through a day. That's part of the price you pay for the phone is the engineering to go into cramming a large battery into a tight space.
    You're stuck in old thinking, having been used to a phone with no wireless charging. First off, the battery is great on the Note 8. Second, if you have a wireless charger on the night stand, one at your desk, and one in your car, you'll find that if you're going to set your phone down it may as well be on the wireless charger since it is so easy you don't think about it. Because of that, your battery is constantly getting topped off. If you had to plug in a cable every time, you wouldn't. Which is why you see iPhone people so concerned with all day battery life and being tethered to a stupid charger cord... And why be new iPhone just added wireless charging . Get the Note. You'll be happy
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    09-15-2017 12:09 AM
    Well...

That's pretty good. Just as good as my iPhone. I'm sure oreo will make it even better.
    09-16-2017 04:23 PM
88 ... 234