I must know about battery life before I pre-order.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
However we probably won't know until the phone is actually released to the public and when the pre-order goodies aren't available anymore.... I can't commit to a pre-order until I know more.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think battery will depend on usage. If you use it a lot, you will use a lot of battery power.

One of the free goodies is a wireless charger (and sd card). I'm getting that.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I really want the goodies that Best Buy is offering, but I don't want to commit to this phone if the battery is going to suck. I have the Note 5 and the battery sucks!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
He is basically stating that the increase in ram might help keep the phone from working as hard. Plus he said it doesn't get as warm as his s8+. On another video he stated he was very skeptical before he got the phone thinking the smaller battery meant less SOT. But he was pleasantly surprised after testing it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Its just 200mah less than the S8+, which to me will not really make much of a difference. I expect it to be about the same battery life as my S8+

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
May be still less since it has to work with 6gb RAM handling more apps.

I'm on my S8+ all day and I get closer to 8-10 hours on one charge. Now I have had days where I have gotten down to about 16% a time or 2 and had to do a quick charge but that isn't very often and my S8+ has never gotten hot. It has been a great phone. If this Note 8 doesn't work out I will go back to the 8+. I have found other than the beauty of this 8+ I put it right up at the top with the Note 7 hands down, I believe it has more to offer than any of us realize and most of us won't know until we get them.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Bigger and brighter screen. More RAM to handle more multitasking apps. Battery life not so good but it all comes down to how it's used.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Enough !!! About battery life !!!

People, people, people, come on now......concerns in the smartphone community (discussed over and over and over and over) about battery life are.......way to much of a concern.........imho

And I appreciate this observation, and what follows, may be sensitive to many but I believe it is a useful (and of course correct) perspective.

And I am most definitively a massive power user on the Note - I basically run a business which employs 105 employees on the phone, as well as manage all other personal and financial aspects of my wonderful Note user life, not to mention that the size of the Note series, and the Note 8, are of no concern to me, as I have big manly hands......yep.....I do.......

.......if someone told me 20 years ago......."Hey - in the future, you can have this gorgeous sleek slender beautiful slab of glass and metal, and it will fit in your pocket, or on your dashboard, or on your bedside table, and it will be light in weight, and you can use it virtually anywhere, including the shower (!), and it will have a stunningly beautiful infinity display, and you can use it as a credit card or debit card, and you can use it essentially as a computer, search the internet, utilize all manner of social media, stay instantaneously connected with family and friends, and you can do video face chats with anyone anywhere in the world, write and take and send notes, use it as a printer and a digital scanner and a word processor, and use it as a music library and listen to wonderfully clear and resonate music through Bluetooth headphones or freestanding speakers, and use it as essentially a mobile desk top computer (with Dex doc), and it will come with a amazing dual lenses camera, that can take amazing pictures and video, which you can then amazingly edit, and......... you can even use it as a phone, and it will even have fast charging technology.....but.....you may....... have to charge it......... a few minutes during the day or early evening (wirelessly charge it no less).........

I think you would have had me at......... "Hey"

Hurry Up Note 8 !! I don't know if I can wait 17 more days....... for my beloved beauticious Black Note 8!!!!! Go Sammie!!!!!!

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Re: Enough !!! About battery life !!!

the last few phones i have had (iPhone 6+, Note 7 & S8+), i have had to charge halfway through the day. Just the way it is with these great do everything phones.