Hi, I've pre-ordered the Note 8 after using nothing but Windows Phones my whole life lol, and I'd like to know if those icons that pop out when you take the pen out would still pop out when using a custom launcher. What about those icons that appear when you swipe from the right edge?

I realise that Note 8 is not out yet, but I imagine it works pretty much the same as Note 7 did, so maybe some previous owner of a Note 7 could answer this?

I watched a billion reviews of Note 8 and NONE of them mentioned this grrrr! One would think that a reviewer of an android phone would consider this... Isn't customisation one of the main selling points of Android? Anyway I'll stop this mini-rant before I go off-topic lol.
    08-31-2017 09:33 PM
    Well with the N7 yes
    Sargon Aelther likes this.
    08-31-2017 09:35 PM
    Hi, I've pre-ordered the Note 8 after using nothing but Windows Phones my whole life lol, and I'd like to know if those icons that pop out when you take the pen out would still pop out when using a custom launcher. What about those icons that appear when you swipe from the right edge?

I realise that Note 8 is not out yet, but I imagine it works pretty much the same as Note 7 did, so maybe some previous owner of a Note 7 could answer this?

I watched a a billion reviews of Note 8 and NONE of them mentioned this grrrr! One would think that a reviewer of an android phone would consider this... Isn't customisation one of the main selling points of Android? Anyway I'll stop this mini-rant before I go off-topic lol.
    on the note 7 they did pop up with my launcher and I assume all launchers at that time.
    08-31-2017 09:38 PM
    Thanks for replying guys. I was afraid that those pop-out icons might be part of Samsung's launcher.
    08-31-2017 09:45 PM
    I concur. I've used Nova for years and had normal SPen functionality.
    08-31-2017 09:47 PM
    I have a Tab S3 with S-Pen and using Nova Launcher. The menu pops up when you press the pen button (pen does not have its own slot on the tablet). I doubt you will have any issues.
    08-31-2017 10:43 PM

I watched a billion reviews of Note 8 and NONE of them mentioned this grrrr! One would think that a reviewer of an android phone would consider this... Isn't customisation one of the main selling points of Android? Anyway I'll stop this mini-rant before I go off-topic lol.
    Yes
    08-31-2017 11:56 PM