How soon with the Note 8 get Android O?

GRUNT11B

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I stopped caring cause whenever I get the latest Android version I see no difference cause all the new features have already been on Samsung's devices for years already. Samsung's UI is always ahead of any Android version.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I stopped caring cause whenever I get the latest Android version I see no difference cause all the new features have already been on Samsung's devices for years already. Samsung's UI is always ahead of any Android version.

I guess this is why I'm never in a rush to get the latest dessert. Actually, I don't even DL right away when they become available.

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site

This will probably be the most difficult issue to adjust to since coming over from iOS. All of the more recent devices get the same update, with the same security patches, bug fixes, etc.

I'm not looking to start a huge debate, just saying that as good as Samsung already is, I think they need to take a page from Apple's book and try to implement the same practice to many of the most recent devices.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I mentioned this in an S8/Note8 comparison thread. The Samsung experience number will probably be considered the version going forward IMO. The Nougat update to the S7 was huge because it made the phone look and act more like the Note7, minus a few options of course.
I'm sure SE 8.5 will have settings that weren't really mentioned in reviews that will be better than the SE 8.1 on the S8.
Can be anyone name one feature they are looking forward to with the Oreo update?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that the beta program will be back towards the end of the year. So, I'm saying December beta and February official upgrade.

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone name one feature they are looking forward to with the Oreo update?

Yes...which also is the reason I’m not concerned about the battery size too...

Background limits:
Android Oreo helps minimize background activity in the apps you use least, it's the super power you can't even see.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They have? You can snooze notifications on Samsung UI? You can change priorities and things like that on them as well?

I don't think so :p.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They have? You can snooze notifications on Samsung UI? You can change priorities and things like that on them as well?

I don't think so :p.

No, the whole argument is silly. Android does some things first, Samsung does other things first. Difference is, Samsung sucks at software AND generally makes things that only work with their own services. So like they came out with multi window first, but it didn't work with most apps. Android releases with these features are generally more thought out and work with almost everything, sometimes requiring the devs to enable things on their end though. But while they each are doing things first and second, they also have very different priorities.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
No, the whole argument is silly. Android does some things first, Samsung does other things first. Difference is, Samsung sucks at software AND generally makes things that only work with their own services. So like they came out with multi window first, but it didn't work with most apps. Android releases with these features are generally more thought out and work with almost everything, sometimes requiring the devs to enable things on their end though. But while they each are doing things first and second, they also have very different priorities.

that's the one thing I really dislike about Samsung's features. Android has been doing a great job imo.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes...which also is the reason I’m not concerned about the battery size too...

Background limits:
Android Oreo helps minimize background activity in the apps you use least, it's the super power you can't even see.
Doesn't Samsung already do this? I could be wrong. But, I think this exists already.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
On the Note7 and S8 under the device maintenance, it shows apps that it has put to sleep if not actively used in a while. You can also manually set apps to go to sleep.
87d719ebda4bf0b40c0745df8a82b1a9.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital