Does anyone know if the Note 8 FM feature will work?

njdan30

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Works on mine but I'm sprint I have enabled on other non sprint devices before though but idk about the note 8 don't see why it would be any different though

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
you need two things to get fm radio. an app like Next Radio and wired headphones or earbuds. The radio uses the wires in the headphones as the antenna and the app accesses the fm tunner.
Works great on my Verizon S8

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
From what I've heard before, if you have wifi AND a cell connection, apps use the wifi for radio. To truly tell if your using FM, turn off wifi. If it works, the FM chip is activated. Is that correct?

anon(10305333)

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
From what I've heard before, if you have wifi AND a cell connection, apps use the wifi for radio. To truly tell if your using FM, turn off wifi. If it works, the FM chip is activated. Is that correct?

I just tried it with airplane mode on and it didn't work. I tried it with just wifi off and it does work. It uses the cell connection for data to display station info, but it does work without wifi on.

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It works, I'm using it now on my Verizon Note 8 with Next Radio.

Thanks for this info!! I was worried. Among other uses I prefer walking into football games with just my phone and corded headphones so I can listen to the local broadcast team without the delay or hassle of streaming. Very much appreciate knowing this works on Note 8. I've used it with NextRadio on my Verizon S7E and now look forward to the same with my Note 8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae